• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stupid idea for Pokemon anime...
Chloe would be interested in Pokemon Contests, Is it possible for Chloe to participate in Pokemon Contest the same way May and Dawn done the Pokemon contests?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
One thing I noticed is that the Galar Starters really did change the game for future Starters going forward into the series.

These will be the 1st set of Starters to have all 3 reach their final stages

Also none of them went to Ash.

This brings forth 2 very Big Questions.

1.) Will Ash ever get another Starter again?

2.) Will all Starters Fully Evolve from the this point out?

Master Pikachu 11

One thing I noticed is that the Galar Starters really did change the game for future Starters going forward into the series.

Considering that Grookey is more popular then Rillaboom, we don’t know if all three of the starters are going to fully evolve, so until we get confirmation that this will happen, it is best to not assume that Grookey will evolve.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything

1. As long as the writers have him hanging around with Goh, probably not, but there's still a miniscule chance

2. Depends on who owns them

deliaketchum

Best Wishes (unironically) started off very, very promising. I can honestly say I was really excited about most of the new characters and the plot that was being build-up (yes, I could even see Trip ending up somewhat as a decent booksmart rival compared to Ash's improv-style). And then the 2011 seaquake, tsunami and Fukushima meltdown happened and a lot of that what was planned supposedly got binned and never seen of again. Then they rushed the entire region to get to the League, leaving barely any episodes for development of the pokemon and/or human characters. I distinctly recall Castelia -> Nimbasa taking forever (edit: 6 months) and the last 3 to 4 gyms being done in what seemed like 2 months (edit: gym 5-8 was the stretch 61 - 83/84 and took the same amount of time as getting to Nimbasa from the 3rd gym). I mean coming after Sinnoh, which did amazing with the Paul/Infernape-storyline and well enough with developing other Pokemon, you couldn't help but assume everything just got chucked and we didn't get the real planned effort. I mean Ash had a massive line-up and instead of seeing those pokemon get developed going towards the league, we barely got to see them at all and if we did it was during a battle. Just a hint: Snivy, a starter of all things considered, didn't get ANY new moves or worthwhile development. It was just there for promotional purposes and one literally never appeared outside of battles.. Again, compared to Sinnoh where the stretches between gyms took about 15 episodes on average, there was the necessary time to breathe and develop rivalries and pokemon. Heck, we especially saw Ash work on his pokemon during the Snowpoint -> Sunyshore gap so we knew they were being made ready for the league instead of being phoned at the end.

Iris was a highlight for me with each of her character-episodes giving a nod to her becoming closer to her goal (even if some disliked some writer choices). Cilan was pretty mèh to me, but he had his fanbase.

After the league (which you heard about) we got a decent adaption of the N-storyline. And then we got the Decolore Archipelago-arc. Which added a string of unnecessary fillers which could've been better used to space out that ep61-83 rushfest and give Ash's Pokemon more character development.

So I'd recommend watching all episodes until the Castelia-arc, then the DonTournaments-arcs, GymBattles and Iris episodes. Actually, I'd just recommend watching most episodes up to the league as it's not as bad as many people make it out to be. Just skip what are obvious fillers and you can condense it to about 50-60 episodes or so 70 at most.
Thanks for detailed answer.
See, I used to watch Pokemon upto jhoto when i was kid around 13 years old. But then after very long gap of more than 10 years, i randomly stumbled upon Sinnoh and hoenn saga (perhaps nostalgia). Ignoring the cheesy dialogues and repetitive fillers, i think DP and AG were good for entertainment from battle and character dev. perspective even for me in 20's (i was not much into anime). The things that interested me were some new concepts like contest battles, multiple rivaleries and character development, continuity, battle staging/strategies in general. DP had both serious and comical atmosphere.
I watched some episodes of Unova but cilan annoys me with connoisseur dialogs into everything. Also once i saw ash loosing to trip in first episode, i kinda got the feeling of discontinuity and thought everything is starting again. Trip seems forced rival to me. And they went too flashy with whole atmosphere for me. Imagine shifting priorities from good writing to impressing people with cool animation of cities, battles. I am not sure if that makes sense

I will give Unova one more try to see how that works.

Red and Blue

1. Hopefully. If Go sticks around he'll definitely get one or two but I'm hoping Ash gets one at least

2. If their final forms are super popular I don't see why not

Mythical-Moonlight

Considering that Grookey is more popular then Rillaboom, we don’t know if all three of the starters are going to fully evolve, so until we get confirmation that this will happen, it is best to not assume that Grookey will evolve.
I'm not entirely sure how much popularity plays a factor in Gen 8.
You'd think Pokemon like Corviknight, Dragapult, Snom, Wooloo, Alcreamie, etc would've joined the main cast by now if they cared about popularity?

Plus Thwacky still hasn't debuted yet so there's that to take into consideration.

The only Pokemon who I don't think is evolving is Eevee (for obvious reasons) and Yamper. (If it was it would've done so by now)

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I'm not entirely sure how much popularity plays a factor in Gen 8.
You'd think Pokemon like Corviknight, Dragapult, Snom, Wooloo, Alcreamie, etc would've joined the main cast by now if they cared about popularity?

Plus Thwacky still hasn't debuted yet so there's that to take into consideration.

The only Pokemon who I don't think is evolving is Eevee (for obvious reasons) and Yamper. (If it was it would've done so by now)
In all honesty at this point both of those two Pokémon could still evolve. Because if you look at Eevee they seem to be emphasizing the idea of it evolving as it having multiple paths to choose from which would be completely pointless if Eevee is completely incapable of evolving.

Also they even pointed out that one of the reasons why Eevee might not be able to evolve at the moment is more just because it’s unsure what path it wants to take, implying that it would be able to evolve once it decides on the path it wants to take.

As for Yamper it’s important to point out that Pokémon do not have time limits on when they can or can’t evolve so I don’t think the argument that Yamper would have evolved by now if it was going to evolve really works.

I mean let’s not forget that Yamper’s evolution Bolthound hasn’t even debuted in the main anime yet, and even if the one shows up before Yamper evolves I don’t think that would prevent Yamper from evolving.

Mythical-Moonlight

In all honesty at this point both of those two Pokémon could still evolve. Because if you look at Eevee they seem to be emphasizing the idea of it evolving as it having multiple paths to choose from which would be completely pointless if Eevee is completely incapable of evolving.

Also they even pointed out that one of the reasons why Eevee might not be able to evolve at the moment is more just because it’s unsure what path it wants to take, implying that it would be able to evolve once it decides on the path it wants to take.

As for Yamper it’s important to point out that Pokémon do not have time limits on when they can or can’t evolve so I don’t think the argument that Yamper would have evolved by now if it was going to evolve really works.

I mean let’s not forget that Yamper’s evolution Bolthound hasn’t even debuted in the main anime yet, and even if the one shows up before Yamper evolves I don’t think that would prevent Yamper from evolving.
Only reason I'm unsure about Yamper is because of how long it's been around and how they sidelined it in favor of Eevee

Yamper's been around since episode 1 and here we are 70 episodes later.
I know that there's no time limit on Evolutions but think about the fact that nearly EVERY Evolution in Journey's so far has been extremely rushed.

Only thing is like you said, Boltund hasn't shown up yet which puts things into question.

DuskAstral

not sure it deserves a thread but is it possible for Chloe to join Ash and Goh?
As for making her into a protagonist, there's no chance of that. Koharu doesn't have time to constantly travel with the boys as she has a school and I can't imagine her dropping out.

D

Deleted member 384931

Also, Why Can't Chloe join Ash and Goh the same way Misty, May, Dawn, Iris and Possibly Serena did join Ash Ketchum? it's not been done before in a Pokemon anime series but I wonder if She can use her Yamper and Possibly Eevee if it wasn't for filler episodes in the way?

Edit: I forgot to mention the fact that Contest should have give Chloe a Chance at contest.
I feel the same. Eevee feels like Sandy rn

Status
Not open for further replies.