• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunanight

I just noticed that I've never seen anyone asking for Sawyer/Shota's return
Is he done as a character already? Ash having a student who looks up to him was an interesting concept but it got quickly swept under the rug.
As much as I hope he returns in Journeys, I'm not sure how much further Ash's rivalry with him could go—Ash-Greninja vs Mega Sceptile was the climax of their rivalry. Sawyer already had his very short-lived moment of surpassing Ash, and while he was basically XY Ash's equal if neither had Mega Evolution/Bond Phenomenon, I feel his story hit his plateau by making it to the Top 4 of the Kalos League and having his faith in Ash restored. If Gary is any indicator, having the past characters interact with Goh could be interesting, but I feel Sawyer's story ended in XY just like how Gary's rivalry with Ash ended after OS.

By contrast, Paul wasn't quite wrapped up so easily, albeit he probably wouldn't be as fun in Journeys as he was in DP. Ash interacting with Paul post-Sinnoh League would be good to show how much Paul has changed as a character. Most importantly: Ash never fought Paul's Torterra at the League, and that matters because Torterra was his actual strongest Pokemon. Even downplaying the power of Paul's Pokemon, Torterra's mastery of Stone Edge combined with how strong Frenzy Plant was in XY alone would make a hypothetical Sinnoh League Torterra stronger than BF Charizard, and possibly around the same level as Ash's DP Sceptile.

Ash beat Sawyer's Mega Sceptile and all his other Pokemon—something Ash can't say about Paul. That's why of all the past rivals I'd like to see at the PWC, I'd hope for Paul (recent flashback acknowledgement; possible Infernape vs Torterra to shill BDSP) or Tobias (Ash getting to beat him; promote legendaries; Goh interacting with Tobias regarding Mew). Alain would be another good one for Ash to beat, especially if Ash-Greninja ever comes back or they let Ash use Mega Charizard Y, but I feel Paul and Tobias would add more to Journeys' plot and have more interesting interactions with Goh.

So unless Ash loses to Sawyer in the Hyper Rank (which unless Mega Sceptile got to the E4 Mega Aces like Ash-Greninja or Malva's Mega Houndoom, probably won't happen, albeit not impossible), I feel Ash wouldn't need to surpass Sawyer or prove anything to him—especially with how strong Ash's team is in Journeys compared to Ash's XY team was without Ash-Greninja. But on a related note, it's possible we could have Ash battle Steven during the PWC. Maybe Ash could lose to him during the later stages of the Hyper Rank, if Ash needs a reasonable loss before the Masters 8.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
I think I may go off topic a little bit but when this series started and the Dual protagonists Concept and which was cool and exciting but i think as the series as progressed the Dual Protagonists concept i think the execution or implementation has been poor and The Dual Protagonists in this case Ash and Goh It should have been equal focus of both the protagonists but in the majority of the episode it has been a Focus imbalance where 90% of the focus goes to Goh and 10% focus goes to ash and I think that is also the main issue of the Journeys series .

As for i will come On-Topic now, the biggest Positive of this series has been its continuity.
And i think that in this latest series it has been difficult to find the positive traits of this series

And one more Question I had Does someone know when we will get the Crown Tundra arc and Isle of Armor Arc .
As i think in the project mew arc i think there will be a mixture of Project Mew+Crown Tundra+Isle of Armor.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I think I may go off topic a little bit but when this series started and the Dual protagonists Concept and which was cool and exciting but i think as the series as progressed the Dual Protagonists concept i think the execution or implementation has been poor and The Dual Protagonists in this case Ash and Goh It should have been equal focus of both the protagonists but in the majority of the episode it has been a Focus imbalance where 90% of the focus goes to Goh and 10% focus goes to ash and I think that ia also the main issue of the Journeys series .

As for i will come On-Topic now, the biggest Positive of this series has been its continuity.
And i think that in this latest series it has been difficult to find the positive traits of this series

And one more Question I had Does someone know when we will get the Crown Tundra arc and Isle of Armor Arc .
As i think in the project mew arc i think there will be a mixture of Project Mew+Crown Tundra+Isle of Armor.
It seems like the crown tundra arc is the project Mew art. And seemingly that is episode 71

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
I hope that in the the project mew arc it will be a good Development arc for Goh.
And Something positive outcome comes out of this arc for both ash and goh
I agree for the Goh part but I don't think there's anything Ash will gain from this project Mew arc.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I think I may go off topic a little bit but when this series started and the Dual protagonists Concept and which was cool and exciting but i think as the series as progressed the Dual Protagonists concept i think the execution or implementation has been poor and The Dual Protagonists in this case Ash and Goh It should have been equal focus of both the protagonists but in the majority of the episode it has been a Focus imbalance where 90% of the focus goes to Goh and 10% focus goes to ash and I think that is also the main issue of the Journeys series .

Not to mention that Japan is not happy with all this Go pandering.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
How about you prove it instead of what’s likely asspulling. And no, twitter snowflakes and edgelords do not fking count.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
I agree for the Goh part but I don't think there's anything Ash will gain from this project Mew arc.
Which means he's just gonna be standing by when he could be doing literally anything else

It's clear that Project Mew is meant to be Gou's answer to the PWC.
Except the writers will actually show everything about Project Mew onscreen

Henry's Journey

If you're going to make a claim like this you should post proof or evidence (and not from a random twitter person's opinion).

Ash is and will be my favorite character EVER but last year I saw a poll on a japanese magazine that showed Go above Ash in term of rank, maybe things have changed since then Idk.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If you're going to make a claim like this you should post proof or evidence (and not from a random twitter person's opinion).

Ash is and will be my favorite character EVER but last year I saw a poll on a japanese magazine that showed Go above Ash in term of rank, maybe things have changed since then Idk.
Pretty sure that was a one off anyways.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Since activity is pretty dead around here I've got another Topic:

Which of Ash's Pokémon would you have liked to see Evolve but didn't?

And Would you like to see them come back to Evolve in Journeys?

For me it's Snivy.

To this day I still get heated when I think about Snivy's wasted potential.

She had such a unique personality (by Pokemon standards anyway), interesting implied backstory (which got recycled for Froakie later), and was just all around cool in general.

Nah let's just drop all of that simply because the writer's wanted to recreate the OS by having an Evolved Fire Starter and Unevolved Water and Grass Starters :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.