• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Knight

Which of Ash's Pokémon would you have liked to see Evolve but didn't?

And Would you like to see them come back to Evolve in Journeys?

I have several, including Snivy.

Looking back, I would have preferred it if Cyndaquil and Totodile evolved during their series, in order for Ash to have had all of the Johto middle stage starters then.

Gible all the way to Garchomp, but it was caught pretty late during Sinnoh so just Gabite would have sufficed.

For Unova, oh boy. Snivy to Serperior, Pignite to Emboar, and Boldore to Gigalith.

That's about all of my personal preferences.

For the second question, I would still like it if Totodile came back and evolved into Croconaw. Snivy as well, but I would not mind if it stayed as it is. Boldore evolving to Gigalith would be a nice way to further showcase the trade evolution feature.

The big dream for me is for Ash to pick up the Larvitar that he left behind at Mt. Silver, which could have also fully evolved by now.

Last edited:

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Since activity is pretty dead around here I've got another Topic:

For me it's Snivy.

To this day I still get heated when I think about Snivy's wasted potential.

She had such a unique personality (by Pokemon standards anyway), interesting implied backstory (which got recycled for Froakie later), and was just all around cool in general.

Nah let's just drop all of that simply because the writer's wanted to recreate the OS by having an Evolved Fire Starter and Unevolved Water and Grass Starters :rolleyes:
Huge agree on Snivy fully evolving, along with all of Ash's other unevolved Pokemon (except Pikachu cause...duh)

On a personal note, it would take some of the sting out of me with Goh eventually getting all three fully evolved Galar starters -.-

Decidueye23

For me it's Snivy.

She had such a unique personality (by Pokemon standards anyway), interesting implied backstory (which got recycled for Froakie later), and was just all around cool in general.

Nah let's just drop all of that simply because the writer's wanted to recreate the OS by having an Evolved Fire Starter and Unevolved Water and Grass Starters :rolleyes:
Ifkr! I was so so disappointed that snivy didnt evolve!

So Johto: Quilava to Typhlosion

Sinnoh: Gible to Garchomp (atleast now in Journeys with BDSP and LA)

Unova: Snivy to Serperior. Pignite to Emboar. Scraggy to Scrafty. Boldore to Gigalith.

SM: Rowlet to Decidueye ( personal bias haha).

Red and Blue

Oshawott to Samurott cause Samurott is my favorite Water starter final form. Which I think has a decent chance of happening due to Legends

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

For me it's Snivy.

Garchomp will always be at the top of the list
I do want all the Unova starters to evolve though, we didn't really get that much of the fully evolved starters in BW nor have we really seen them after apart from brief cameos. At least get Emboar, Dewott, and Servine.
Gigalith
Quilva -> Typhlosion, Typhlosion's hardly appeared at all! It's one significant role was Flannery's grandpa owning it lol We see Meganium a LOT and I've always been fine with Bayleef remaining as is, I'd rather the other two evolve cause Croconaw/Feraligatr and Typhlosion got the short stick

Master Pikachu 11

Well Tsurugi has Urshifu already, so for all we know he'll end up catching that Regice (and maybe more down the line) and we'll have a new Tobias unfolding before our eyes.
Was there a leak that said that he was going to catch it or is this your theory?

For me it's Snivy.

Snivy, Totodile, Gible, Oshawott and Rowlet

Yes I would

DuskAstral

The big dream for me is for Ash to pick up the Larvitar that he left behind at Mt. Silver, which could have also fully evolved by now.
I would not like it. This Larvitar had a family, and taking someone from the family is heartless to me. (And even if he did evolve, he could start his own, and it would be too bad to take away the father's children.)

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I don’t know if this is anime related, I saw Lucario and Luxray so I figured so, but feel free to correct me.
Lucario - Ash
Luxray - Volkner
Mega Charizard Y - Could be Trevor's but that's a pretty big stretch.

Ninetales - May have something to do with that Alolan Ninetales we saw in the Poster

Espeon is very interesting.

Might have something to do with Chloe and Eevee

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Lucario - Ash
Luxray - Volkner
Mega Charizard Y - Could be Trevor's but that's a pretty big stretch.

Ninetales - May have something to do with that Alolan Ninetales we saw in the Poster

Espeon is very interesting.

Might have something to do with Chloe and Eevee
Wasn’t there some Mega Charizard X merch as well? Could be doing an episode about the both of them

Rune Knight

I have a theory. I think that the Mega Zard Y belongs to Alain. Hear me out.

At the end of XY, Alain decided to ditch the mega ring and mega stone that Lysandre gave him, and vowed to then locate his own, as we saw.

So, what he probably did was hunt down Trevor and stole his, before setting him on fire with it in order to erase bodily evidence.

Unfortunately, Trevor managed to snap a photo of Alain as he was being incinerated. Someone saw it, and since then he has become a wanted man.

It is ironic because he was originally trying to break away from being tied to a criminal, but ended up becoming one anyway.

What sucks is that the reason why he was looking to mega evolve his Charizard again was to be hip with kids, but didn't realize that Mega evolution isn't as "in" anymore.

That is why he entered the PWC. In order to prove to everyone that ME is cooler than G-Max by defeating Leon.

It is a pretty tragic tale if you think about it.

Last edited:

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Espeon: Most likely has something to do with Chloe and Eevee.
Ninetales: New capture for Goh (Or Kabu appearance, since he has one in the games)
Luxray: Vokner
Charizard Y: X and Y show up together during a Kalos episode. Maybe a flashback from Ash watching Alain vs Trevor.
Or Ash Charizard coming back getting the Mega evolution and becomes Mega Charizard Y

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Quilva -> Typhlosion, Typhlosion's hardly appeared at all! It's one significant role was Flannery's grandpa owning it lol We see Meganium a LOT and I've always been fine with Bayleef remaining as is, I'd rather the other two evolve cause Croconaw/Feraligatr and Typhlosion got the short stick
Even now, I don’t know what is that bias the anime have with typhlosion. It isn’t “hard to animate”, in fact, it should be easier to do than meganium and feraligatr. What, is Jimmy the only character allowed to have a relevant typhlosion, after all these years?

Anyway, I don’t know how anymore, but, after SM, Ash should have a garchomp by now. Badly.

About the merchandise, dunno. Aside the obvious ones, espeon could be a pokemon of the day and I don’t think it’s a stretch Leon can use Y-zard.

Status
Not open for further replies.