• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Master Pikachu 11

It wasn’t a new version of the song though? Just the bit you don’t usually hear in the OP.
Plus the song was being played during the Vaporeon episode.
Go catches all of the great pokemon (Golurk, Absol, Flygon, Scizor, Alolan Ninetales, Scorbunny, Suicune) while Ash gets absolutely nothing.

R.I.P Pokémon anime
He released Alolan Ninetales though
Its kinda funny to realize Goh has caught more Non-Galar Pokemon in Galar than he has caught Galar ones (He only caught three Galar mons in Galar, 2 of which are starters and one decided to join him, rather than it being an actual Goh capture instead)
he has also caught more non gen 4 mons in Sinnoh then gen 4 mons.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question should we considsr the towel evolution to be a hint for the future

nuzamaki90

Really need Goh to start training his Pokémon more. The kid’s got too many heavy hitters for their performance to be so lackluster, especially Scizor.

Maybe this Isle of Armor episode I’m hoping will happen might give him some incentive

nuzamaki90

So does everyone here think that Goh is the most hated character of all time?

I thought that position belonged to Cameron
Eh I think Iris still takes the cake for that, however JN really changed all her negatives into positives.

The thing with Goh is his character writing is very inconsistent. Goh’s personality, competency, and near everything else about his character depends entirely on who’s writing the episode. And because of that, a lot of his episodes or moments he has can come off controversial. In the beginning of the show, maybe the first 7 episodes, Goh was portrayed just like every other newbie character in this series. Serena, Dawn, Lillie, May, etc. were all portrayed consistently as novice trainers just starting out.

After episode 7, Goh’s incompetence was rarely ever shown, and his development started to become more and more “tell but don’t show”. As the series progressed he started being treated as if he was Ash’s equal and tagging this along with his near 100% catch rate or even the bare minimum amount of struggles he faces for his goal, it was clear opinions would be divisive in regards to Goh.

At first I gave Goh a chance but I’ve gradually grown to be real “meh” with his character. I wish he was a lot more endearing and fun to watch.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Go was a boring and lame character to begin with.

The constant hate he receives tho is often unjustified and is mostly through a loud minority of no-lifers that screeches their irrelevant opinions about "Go bad" that no normal person cares about and is most likely to engage in harassment to find a purpose for themselves.

Go was a boring and lame character to begin with.

The constant hate he receives tho is often unjustified and is mostly through a loud minority of no-lifers that screeches their irrelevant opinions about "Go bad" that no normal person cares about and is most likely to engage in harassment to find a purpose for themselves.
well there's a big barrier between hating and harassing

RafaSceptile

Something has been severely wrong with the forum lately, and that’s saying something considering how it is usually. The lack of content intensifies all the absurdity, I think.
Oh you know something is severely wrong with the forum when you have comments about thinking on torturing the writers just because someone didn't like an episode of a japanese kids show

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'll call the writers hacks, inept, and bad at their jobs, and I'll express why characters should be retired or killed off which I've certainly done - but there comes a point where I need to draw the line. People have actively begun to downplay contemporary and recent tragedies in order to make a comparison to this anime on both this forum and other social media platforms. If I need to explain why doing so is wrong, then we have no room to talk.

I have been in this forum since xy days I dont recall a character being disliked like this. Even the fish girl, the kitchen chef girl and the rest of the school children were not disliked here

In addition, I see classism has seeped into the forum through this comment. I know you dislike the characters and demean them by calling them by anything but their names, because let's be honest, you know their names since Google is readily available for the main cast. The fact you outright refer to Mallow as "the kitchen chef girl" rather than "the green haired girl' reeks of classism. You can write all sorts of essays about how "that's her true goal" and whatnot, but if you're like this in real life, I hope every time you eat out even fast food and take out is more miserable than the last.

RafaSceptile

In addition, I see classism has seeped into the forum through this comment. I know you dislike the characters and demean them by calling them by anything but their names, because let's be honest, you know their names since Google is readily available for the main cast. The fact you outright refer to Mallow as "the kitchen chef girl" rather than "the green haired girl' reeks of classism. You can write all sorts of essays about how "that's her true goal" and whatnot, but if you're like this in real life, I hope every time you eat out even fast food and take out is more miserable than the last.
It is just JaneJane's bias to denigrate any SM related thing, I really just ignore those comments, doesn't even provides any point about why apparently it is not worth to call Mallow by her name
The people here know how I love SM....:)

deliaketchum

Something has been severely wrong with the forum lately, and that’s saying something considering how it is usually. The lack of content intensifies all the absurdity, I think.
You cant totally blame people on this forum tbh. The absurdity comes from boredom associated with the Goh character which is major part of the show. It is not the fault of Goh which is imaginary character just like anyone. With goh i guess some people dont have interest to speculate pokemon he will get as he will get them anyways. He cant be shown to participate in battles. The lack of clear development and objective is also the case here (no wonder writers are now giving project mew).

Audience who is used to following gym battle/frontier/ league matches will always want that. For a show who grew (for 20 years) based on pokemon battles and challenges related to it, the lack of focus on battles will definitely cause issues.

No wonder people here either resort to criticisms, negative attitude, jokes to fill in the gap.

The solution is either to stay away from forum till goh is here or wait for important battles to talk about.
Simply hating people who like goh is bad no doubt. Given go is a fictional character and from anime.
I do want to give credit to writers for trying new protaganist and doing something new. But when something new is as boring as throwing pokeballs, it may not work for long time.

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!
Anybody think we'll get a teaser for this year since the virus is dying down

ShadowForce720

I still don't understand how throwing a pokeball at everything that moves is going to help catch Mew.
It’s because Mew contains the genes/is the ancestor of all Pokémon(obviously there are some exceptions).

So basically the idea is that if Goh catches and understand all the other Pokémon it will help him to catch in understand Mew.

Status
Not open for further replies.