• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It is just JaneJane's bias to denigrate any SM related thing, I really just ignore those comments, doesn't even provides any point about why apparently it is not worth to call Mallow by her name
It is just JaneJane's bias to denigrate any SM related thing, I really just ignore those comments, doesn't even provides any point about why apparently it is not worth to call Mallow by her name
Whats wrong with being a chef and being called one? Its good
And I name the SM students like that because thats How I see them. They r one dimentional and flat. Even their designs is only based on their pokemon type. Too straightforward. The blue fish girl - likes water, alll of her is blue.. the fire boy, etc

KKS-Lapras

??????? Ash literally got the most requested mons with Dragonite Gengar and Lucario. Dafuq do you mean he gets absolutely nothing

I think his point is that Goh, as compared to Ash, has caught far too many Pokemon, regardless what his goal is. I think most people would rather Ash have caught Flygon and Absol. I also suspect most people would rather Goh not get to catch any legendary Pokemon until towards the end of Gen 8, or at least not before Ash legitimately would have caught a legendary Pokemon first. And I'm sure I speak for a great many people when I say Goh should not have gotten all 3 Gen 8 starters. Ash should have gotten Sobble, as it's design and personality fit with him.

But it is what it is, the writers have chosen to make Goh's character feel to many people like one that many of his captures are under a haze of being undeserved. Goh's goal should never have been to capture all Pokemon, it should have been narrowed to finding and capturing Mew, that alone is a challenge in of itself.

At this point, I'm just holding out hope that Ash will get a couple more captures during Gen 8, if not, then the writers really do need to have him start rotating unevolved Pokemon from his reserves in to get some development. Otherwise, to many of us, what's the point. One capture that would be nice would be a member of the Tyranitar line, as both a call back to the Larvitar Ash once took care of, and considering it's in that line of highly requested Pokemon you mentioned, it would certainly be a good fit.

RafaSceptile

I think his point is that Goh, as compared to Ash, has caught far too many Pokemon, regardless what his goal is. I think most people would rather Ash have caught Flygon and Absol. I also suspect most people would rather Goh not get to catch any legendary Pokemon until towards the end of Gen 8, or at least not before Ash legitimately would have caught a legendary Pokemon first. And I'm sure I speak for a great many people when I say Goh should not have gotten all 3 Gen 8 starters. Ash should have gotten Sobble, as it's design and personality fit with him.

But it is what it is, the writers have chosen to make Goh's character feel to many people like one that many of his captures are under a haze of being undeserved. Goh's goal should never have been to capture all Pokemon, it should have been narrowed to finding and capturing Mew, that alone is a challenge in of itself.

At this point, I'm just holding out hope that Ash will get a couple more captures during Gen 8, if not, then the writers really do need to have him start rotating unevolved Pokemon from his reserves in to get some development. Otherwise, to many of us, what's the point. One capture that would be nice would be a member of the Tyranitar line, as both a call back to the Larvitar Ash once took care of, and considering it's in that line of highly requested Pokemon you mentioned, it would certainly be a good fit.
The point is that the argument of "Goh captures all the great Pokémon", not only is subjective, because what is a great Pokémon is something that varies individually, because of that, it can be false, for example, a lot of people were waiting Ash's Lucario since Gen IV.

Also, I don't see for what reason Goh should not have gotten all Gen 8 starters when Ash got all Gen 1, 2 and 5 starters and has a grand total of 15 starters of the 21 starters between Gen 1-7.

Morax

King of heroes
So does everyone here think that Goh is the most hated character of all time?

I thought that position belonged to Cameron
I loved him since day 1, don't care what others have to say.
not like Chloe design when she was first introduced coz she had droopy breasts
Lmao, koharu is cute af. Not as cute as serena but still adorable.

In addition, I see classism has seeped into the forum through this comment. I know you dislike the characters and demean them by calling them by anything but their names, because let's be honest, you know their names since Google is readily available for the main cast. The fact you outright refer to Mallow as "the kitchen chef girl" rather than "the green haired girl' reeks of classism. You can write all sorts of essays about how "that's her true goal" and whatnot, but if you're like this in real life, I hope every time you eat out even fast food and take out is more miserable than the last.
Lmao It's just a random comment about a non-existent character. There is nothing wrong with being a chef, lol

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Trolling
Cameron just appeared in few episode thought not a entire series
Goh makes Cameron and Alain look like masterpieces
not getting the lucario hate in here.
They only hate it cause it's a Lucario. They should be grateful, it could be a showboating screenhog like Greninja, Rowlet and Pikachu were/are and how it's portrayed in every snooze worthy "Aura Ash" and most "Betrayed"/"Smart Ash" fics out there. Instead Lucario is just a regular Ash Pokemon, as it should be while Dragonite is essentially the series ace which is quite fitting considering none of Ash's aces actually are Dragon types. None were even in the top 10!

Heck they easily could have given Lucario a G-Max form too(which it doesn't have, nor a z-move.... seriously Lucario just exists. Hate for Eevee and Charizard is actually justified but not for Lucario. Charizard will always be one of my favorites but I despise it's constant new gimmicks and major roles. What did Lucario have before his Mega and Ash eventually getting one? That's right, NOTHING! Pikachu, Eevee, and Charizard get everything, Lucario simply just exists and can easily be ignored. You don't even come across one in SWSH unless you catch one, and the only one you see in SM/USM appears at Gladion's final battle.) but instead they're seeming to be giving Ash a Mega Ring like he should have gotten back in XY. No sign of Gengar's not that big of a deal, it has a G-Max form after all and they're probably obligated to showcase that before granting him a Mega. Gengar's currently the only member of his main team other than Pikachu that even has a G-Max form so it's not like he's being singled out, he's got something that Dragonite, Lucario, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish are literally incapable of doing!

Agreed.
Already see broken records of "iT's HiS gOaL" replied :rolleyes:
Arceus his fans are insufferable, none of them can admit his faults or see that he's killing enjoyment for people

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
What's wrong with being a chef? Dont insult this profession. Food is an important aspect of life.
If u think that calling some1 who likes to cook a chef is an insult, then.... Who is the pessimistic one? :)

Anyway, will Koharu catch Yamper?

BobbbidyBob

Ash is a pokemon and can be caught. Remove Koharu and goh as well. I want new series with Asahi as a protaganist. I like her design.
I want a new series with Allister as a protagonist.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Also, I don't see for what reason Goh should not have gotten all Gen 8 starters
Less of a problem of 'what happened' and more of a problem of 'how it happened'.

With Sobble, people were upset with the false/bait marketing, as well as the actual capture of Sobble itself being a joke (to say nothing of the post capture treatment it's received).

With Grookey, you have all these contrived coincidences and tell-don't-show writing that somehow enables Grookey to fall in love with said trainer out of nowhere and supposedly hate TRio for no reason.

Scorbunny is the only starter capture of his that was good.
It's his goal
Tbh, this is a poor and half-hearted reasoning as to why he should be able to do it, especially because it comes with the package of his high success rate and lack of failures/setbacks that are impactful (at least lasting more than half an episode).

EDIT: It's like saying Ash has to win every battle and have success 24/7 because 'it's his goal to be Pokemon Master' and never fail at anything. It's a recipe for a monotonous and bland character progression.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I'm just going to repeat what I said in an old thread:

"The only actual problem with Gou having all 3 Starters is that since Gou isn't a Battler it's really hard to develop Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey in any way that doesn't seem contrived and when things like Evolution occurs it feels completely unearned because we don't get to see these guys actually doing anything so it just feels like the Writers are handing Goh fully Evolved Starters on a Platter."

It's been outright confirmed that Goh is literally about to get a fully Evolved Inteleon by doing absolutely NOTHING

And then there's also the high possiblity of a Rillaboom down the line as well

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
I'm just going to repeat what I said in an old thread:

"The only actual problem with Gou having all 3 Starters is that since Gou isn't a Battler it's really hard to develop Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey in any way that doesn't seem contrived and when things like Evolution occurs it feels completely unearned because we don't get to see these guys actually doing anything so it just feels like the Writers are handing Goh fully Evolved Starters on a Platter."

It's been outright confirmed that Goh is literally about to get a fully Evolved Inteleon by doing absolutely NOTHING

And then there's also the high possiblity of a Rillaboom down the line as well
What you call as "The Only Actual Problem" is a actually a very very big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.