• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Anyone pretending that any forum compares to Twitter in being shitty (aside from 4chan maybe) is delusional.

4chan has it's uses, but you have to sort through racism and other indecent activities.

Twitter is a place that invites the worst because of it's word limit and not having any half decent moderation.

Serebii is pretty small compared to the others, hence it's miles better compared to the other forums.
I dunno, I'm having a good roll here so far, I think.
Absolutely, The Community here is far far better than anything on Twitter. Of course there is still some problems.
Anybody remember Tumblr?
Tumblr is the reason why Twitter is so toxic these days. All those Toxic Tumblr Users decided to move and start their bitching on Twitter.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

deliaketchum

Twitter is for gaslighting. People (usually in bad faith) passing judgments on topic they are ignorant about and then showing pride and confidence in that.

Not to mention IT cells have troll farms to specifically manipulate opinions specially political.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I wish we would get another Koharu-Yamper episode where Koharu finally catches it (as it should have happened before Eevee), cause they had 2 focus episodes and the doggy only listens to Koharu anyway.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
What Gen 8 Pokemon have actually been handled well so far?

Cinderace and Grookey are the only ones who come to mind.

Dracovish and Sirfetch'd are awesome but they don't show up often...

Inteleon was awesome in its debut but that's only one episode and his pre-evos have been handled like crap

Morpeko is one long running food joke that's overstayed it's welcome

Chewtle again, doesn't show up enough to form a real opinion on

Everything else? Either Cameos or still haven't debuted yet

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Twitter is for gaslighting. People (usually in bad faith) passing judgments on topic they are ignorant about and then showing pride and confidence in that.

Not to mention IT cells have troll farms to specifically manipulate opinions specially political.
And those who try and mix in Politics with their "Hobbies" are the worst. There is a reason why Gaming Journalism is considered a joke almost universally these days. I see people asking for so-called "Diversity" and "Representation" in Anime. Like bro, the show you watch comes from a Country which is 99% Homogeneous, stick exclusively to Western Programming if you are so obsessed about Race, Sexuality & Gender.

desdar300

I'm just going to repeat what I said in an old thread:

"The only actual problem with Gou having all 3 Starters is that since Gou isn't a Battler it's really hard to develop Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey in any way that doesn't seem contrived and when things like Evolution occurs it feels completely unearned because we don't get to see these guys actually doing anything so it just feels like the Writers are handing Goh fully Evolved Starters on a Platter."

It's been outright confirmed that Goh is literally about to get a fully Evolved Inteleon by doing absolutely NOTHING

And then there's also the high possiblity of a Rillaboom down the line as well
I think there in lies the issue.
The thing about the starters is that in their base forms they basically just act as a Pikachu stand in and then when they evolved they go through some sort of teen phase before evolving completely into situational Battlers.

nickdt

Inteleon was awesome in its debut but that's only one episode and his pre-evos have been handled like crap

This basically. It feels like OLM hates the Galar mons, aside from Cinderace line and Grookey.

RafaSceptile

What's wrong with being a chef? Dont insult this profession. Food is an important aspect of life.
If u think that calling some1 who likes to cook a chef is an insult, then.... Who is the pessimistic one? :)

Anyway, will Koharu catch Yamper?
Calling someone who already you know the name by his/her profession and not by his/her name (or profession+name) is disrespectful, similar to how you should refer to the characters' VA by their name, and not by the character they voices

deliaketchum

And those who try and mix in Politics with their "Hobbies" are the worst. There is a reason why Gaming Journalism is considered a joke almost universally these days. I see people asking for so-called "Diversity" and "Representation" in Anime. Like bro, the show you watch comes from a Country which is 99% Homogeneous, stick exclusively to Western Programming if you are so obsessed about Race, Sexuality & Gender.
Yea, going political over show for 10 yrs lol. Just consume it if you enjoy. I dont know what people are expecting out of it some sort of deep sociological meaning.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Calling someone who already you know the name by his/her profession and not by his/her name (or profession+name) is disrespectful, similar to how you should refer to the characters' VA by their name, and not by the character they voices
Who says it is disrespectful? How is calling some1 a chef is disrespectful? On the contrary, chef is a title which is not easy to get. So calling some1 that likes to cook a chef is more than respecting

Last edited:

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!

Yamper deserved better (they should've made it Koharu's first pokémon...)

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I think Drizzile is going to evolve in a few weeks.

BTW has anybody heard news about M24? The next Pokemon movie after Secrets of the Jungle? Usually, the title and its event legendary star would have been revealed months ago, but we haven't heard anything I don't think.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

BTW has anybody heard news about M24? The next Pokemon movie after Secrets of the Jungle? Usually, the title and its event legendary star would have been revealed months ago, but we haven't heard anything I don't think.
Eh there might not even be one until past 2022.

nickdt

I don't think we get a movie this year (Else it would release between now and September and we would already have known)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.