• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I like Goh is apparently getting Falinks.

Also, no issues with Grookey "subbing" for Pansage. They've had a Rowlett be adopted by Toucannon line and it worked. Grookey rounding that trio works even easier

Henry's Journey

Things are very different now
Regarding to? Speculation? The number of mons Ash catches by gen? to do a quick recap of the past 6 gens:

Johto: Heracross, Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Noctowl, Donphan (6)
Hoenn/BF: Swellow, Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie, Aipom (6)
Sinnoh: Staraptor, Torterra, Infernape, Buizel, Gliscor, Gible (6)
Unova: Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, Krookodile (9)
Kalos: Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Goodra, Noivern (5)
Alola: Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar, Naganadel, Melmetal (5)
Journeys (so far): Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch'd, Dracovish (5)

So far Journeys is keeping the pattern of all regions except Unova, and I only expect Ash to catch 1 or 2 more, including Kubfu.

I think it was silly back then and it's silly today to expect/speculate that Ash is going to catch every mon in existence especially now that we have a co-protagonist whose goal is to catch Pokémon.

ShadowForce720

Regarding to? Speculation? The number of mons Ash catches by gen? to do a quick recap of the past 6 gens:

Johto: Heracross, Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Noctowl, Donphan (6)
Hoenn/BF: Swellow, Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie, Aipom (6)
Sinnoh: Staraptor, Torterra, Infernape, Buizel, Gliscor, Gible (6)
Unova: Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, Krookodile (9)
Kalos: Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Goodra, Noivern (5)
Alola: Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar, Naganadel, Melmetal (5)
Journeys (so far): Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch'd, Dracovish (5)

So far Journeys is keeping the pattern of all regions except Unova, and I only expect Ash to catch 1 or 2 more, including Kubfu.

I think it was silly back then and it's silly today to expect/speculate that Ash is going to catch every mon in existence especially now that we have a co-protagonist whose goal is to catch Pokémon.
Not sure where your getting this from as, no one really expected Ash to get 100+ captures or every mon in this series, nor did anyone expect him to get the same amount of captures as Goh.

However depending on the Pokémon they chose for Ash to get and how things are laid out it is possible that Ash could still get more then 2 captures.

Last edited:
Things are very different now
Yeah, there are a lot more misses because Goh catch them instead of Ash...

Edit: i forgot one more thing, back then we know Ash won't get past generation pokemon so we didn't speculate for them, but now we speculate for all gens so our speculation accuracy is reduced.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Yeah, there are a lot more misses because Goh catch them instead of Ash...
Not really, as they can’t give Ash every single Pokémon in one series so there is going to be Pokémon that he just doesn’t get.

So basically all the Pokémon that Goh gets were Pokémon that Ash wasn’t going to get any way regardless if Goh existed or not simply just because of how the people in charge and the writers decided how this anime would be structured.

So basically all the Pokémon that Goh gets were Pokémon that Ash wasn’t going to get any way regardless if Goh existed or not simply just because of how the people in charge and the writers decided how this anime would be structured.
So even if Goh doesn't exist, Ash will still not get any Galar starters?

ShadowForce720

So even if Goh doesn't exist, Ash will still not get any of Galar starters?
Yep, because the truth of the matter is that Goh and other main characters/characters that appear in the anime are created for their respective series/s that they appear in.

Ash didn’t get any of the Galar starters because they simply didn’t intend for him to get any of them this time around with the way they decided to structure the series.

Yep, because the truth of the matter is that Goh and other main characters/characters that appear in the anime are created for their respective series/s that they appear in.

Ash didn’t get any of the Galar starters because they simply didn’t intend for him to get any of them this time around with the way they decided to structure the series.
That is a bold claim, you should said that to those who blame Goh for Ash not getting Sobble. Personally, I prefer Sirfetch'd over Intelleon so I am fine with it.

ShadowForce720

That is a bold claim, you should said that to those who blame Goh for Ash not getting Sobble. Personally, I prefer Sirfetch'd over Intelleon so I am fine with it.
It’s not really that bold of a claim and it is ridiculous to blame a character for getting a particular starter, when it’s the structure of the series itself that determines who will get which starters.

I mean heck Ash didn’t get Torchic, Mudkip, Piplup, Chespin, Fennekin, and Popplio in their respective series so are supposed to blame May, Brock, Dawn, Clemont and Lana for dare getting those starters?

Obviously I think some people here would agree that blaming those characters just because they got a particular starter is ridiculous.

Master Pikachu 11

Would welcome that. Corviknight and Grimmsnarl are amongst my favorites of Galar and I’ve been hoping they’d be on the main cast the minute I saw them
Yes I have been hoping for Corviknight since it was first revealed one of my favorite Galar Pokémon along with Dragapult. I also wouldn’t mind Grimmsnarl as I would take that Pokémon over both Falinks and Eiscue.
Not sure where your getting this from as, no one really expected Ash to get 100+ captures or every mon in this series, nor did anyone expect him to get the same amount of captures as Goh.

However depending on the Pokémon they chose for Ash to get and how things are laid out it is possible that Ash could still get more then 2 captures.
I Agree with this, if this series mostly set in Galar then yes Ash wouldn’t probably catch more then 5 mons, but since this is a world tour and the focus is on every Pokémon of every region then there should be no excuse on why he couldn't get more. After XY and SM, I would welcome to a change in Ash not just using the same 5 plus Pikachu team that he has used in both series and want him to go back to the DP days of his opponents not knowing which Pokémon that he uses. Like with Conway expecting Ash to use certain Pokémon and then be surprised when he doesn’t use those Pokémon. His rival Bea has a 11 Pokémon that she uses for the PWC and we have seen 3 of them so it wouldn’t hurt to have Ash have something similar to mix things up. So yeah I am also in the camp of believing that it is possible for Ash to catch more then two more Pokémon as well.

Let ash get Kubfu .It is the only realistic chance for ash to get kubfu as he will get a legendary pokemon as well in the form of kubfu as for goh he is not restricted to any pokemon .He can get any legendary he wants
Considering that Kubfu is the lowest stat legendary, that might reduce the unnecessary complaints that might rise due to Ash using legendary or too powerful pokemon in PWC.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I mean heck Ash didn’t get Torchic, Mudkip, Piplup, Chespin, Fennekin, and Popplio in their respective series so are supposed to blame May, Brock, Dawn, Clemont and Lana for dare getting those starters?

This.

Despite they failing Chespin, I still think Clemont was a great character and one of my favorite companions.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It’s not really that bold of a claim and it is ridiculous to blame a character for getting a particular starter, when it’s the structure of the series itself that determines who will get which starters.

Obviously I think some people here would agree that blaming those characters just because they got a particular starter is ridiculous.
At least, I blame Brock for have mudkip, since I felt it was wasted in his team. I adore corphish, but, Ash could perfectly have dealt better with mudkip (and potential swampert) than Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.