• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

KenzeyEevee

Some ppl have the insight of a Magikarp
I disagree with it being difficult to bring them back.

Like I said above, Dawn literally has her Quilava on hand with her. She can call it out at anytime

Ash is currently living in Kanto. He not that far away from Pallet Town, he has easy access to Professor Oak

He can also get in touch with Kukui quite easily

The problem is the writer's not wanting to bring them back
Why doing effort if you also can be lazy? Should be the writers motto.

KenzeyEevee

I understand you...it's something like "why should we do something "great" or nice? when we can simply do nothing and save ourselves the trouble".
YES! It isnt a problem when you dont feel it in the writing of shows, but with Pokémon you FEEL it in the writing sometimes.

Mythical-Moonlight

JN give me a Lucario/Cinderace/Inteleon episode!
Let the Bigger mons be showcased more outside of their Pokeballs 2k22!

Let Lucario and Sirfetch'd be sparing buddies like the 2nd OP hinted at

Let Lucario and Cinderace be friendly rivals like the Almost Pikachu Crisis episode set up but never did anything with

Let Dragonite be a Momma to all the other Pokémon

Let Gengar pull pranks around the Lab and annoy every other Pokemon

Let Sirfetch'd be an over protective big brother and protect tge Pokemon from Gengar's pranks

Keep doing what you're doing with Dracovish but just give it more Screentime

Let Inteleon charm and flirt with every female Pokemon he sees withing a 10 mile radius

Let Inteleon and Cinderace ****ing interact ffs

God just let these Pokemon have actual personalities!!!!

They all deserve better than just being regulated to Battle Bots!!!!

KenzeyEevee

Let Lucario and Cinderace be friendly rivals like the Almost Pikachu Crisis episode set up but never did anything with

Let Sirfetch'd be an over protective big brother and protect tge Pokemon from Gengar's pranks

Let Inteleon charm and flirt with every female Pokemon he sees withing a 10 mile radius

Sadly, how much I agree with you, I doubt it will change soon. Journeys is the opposite of SM in that regard. SM is about Pokémon being as important in the human world, Journeys is about Pokémon being tools to use when it is handy. Sees Gous use of Pokémon, See Satoshi diference in handling Pokémon in SM and before compared to JN.

Ignition

Sinnoh Season

Sorry the best you’ll get is Pikachu and Grookey with an occasional Lucario and Cinderace

KenzeyEevee

my predictions: mew project and chloeharu contest

In March we will possibly have Marnie and I hope that Cilan will return in April, so that Grookey and Teselia Grookey can meet
You forgot the Slowking episode about world peace for February. Wouldnt Cilan meet Mallow meeting Satoshi and Gou make more sense?

Mythical-Moonlight

JN give me a Lucario/Cinderace/Inteleon episode!
Sorry the best you’ll get is Pikachu and Grookey with an occasional Lucario and Cinderace
Sadly, how much I agree with you, I doubt it will change soon. Journeys is the opposite of SM in that regard. SM is about Pokémon being as important in the human world, Journeys is about Pokémon being tools to use when it is handy. Sees Gous use of Pokémon, See Satoshi diference in handling Pokémon in SM and before compared to JN.
That "Almost Pikachu Crisis" episode was one if my favorite episodes and I'll always defend it for portraying Cinderace and freaking LUCARIO as something other than a Battle Bot

And yet it's still not enough

We need more portrayals like that and for the other Pokémon also.

What's worse is that ALL of these Pokemon are hinted at having other layers besides being just battle bots but the show never bothers to explore them

Remember when it was hinted somewhat early on that G. Farfetch'd, was something of a rival to Riolu?
I'm sure Sirfetch'd must have some kind of inferiority complex compared to Lucario. ESPECIALLY after that recent battle with Bea

Dragonite and Dracovish literally are shown to be kind and gentle parents

Gengar is canonically upset that Ash barely ever uses him

Inteleon is hinted to having a flirtatious, womanizing side during its fight with Kecleon and the Spanish guitar music that plays over as soon as it evolves. And maybe has a bit of an Ego if one takes the Kecleon Trainer's "Pure Lady" comment seriously

All of these can make for potentially great episode plots but the writers refuse to acknowledge that potential

KenzeyEevee

That "Almost Pikachu Crisis" episode was one if my favorite episodes and I'll always defend it for portraying Cinderace and freaking LUCARIO as something other than a Battle Bot

And yet it's still not enough

We need more portrayals like that and for the other Pokémon also.

What's worse is that ALL of these Pokemon are hinted at having other layers besides being just battle bots but the show never bothers to explore them

Remember when it was hinted somewhat early on that G. Farfetch'd, was something of a rival to Riolu?
I'm sure Sirfetch'd must have some kind of inferiority complex compared to Lucario. ESPECIALLY after that recent battle with Bea

Dragonite and Dracovish literally are shown to be kind and gentle parents

Gengar is canonically upset that Ash barely ever uses him

Inteleon is hinted to having a flirtatious, womanizing side during its fight with Kecleon and the Spanish guitar music that plays over as soon as it evolves. And maybe has a bit of an Ego if one takes the Kecleon Trainer's "Pure Lady" comment seriously

All of these can make for potentially great episode plots but the writers refuse to acknowledge that potential
We will never see it. Only in fanfics lol. Little parts in still cartoony images on the anipoke twitter page.