• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I've heard people wanting him to catch Pokemon that are up there in terms of power, like Zacian, Darkrai, or Latias.

considering the latter two were used by Tobias in the sinnoh league i don't think they are on the same level.

and Zacian I could actually see given that Eternatus is sealed away, so the need to protect Galar isn't necessary at the current time.

In all honesty of this Ash potentially getting a legendary talk, i want him to get something that isn't OP as heck, but at the same time surprising.

Last edited:

DuskAstral

What other evolution of Lucario going to go through?
I think Mega Lucario has been shown enough already (mostly with Korrina and partly with Gurrkin) so I wish Satoshi wasn't using it as well. In my opinion, it would be better if in "BD / SP" or "Legends" the creators gave Lucario some special form or something like that and that is what our hero would use.
We also have merchandise of it fighting gmax Charizard along with merchandise of gmax Gengar by Ash.
I don't think this Gengar belongs to Satoshi. This whole fight you're talking about either has nothing to do with the anime, or it foreshadowed Leon's fight with Agatha or Allister.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I think Mega Lucario has been shown enough already (mostly with Korrina and partly with Gurrkin) so I wish Satoshi wasn't using it as well. In my opinion, it would be better if in "BD / SP" or "Legends" the creators gave Lucario some special form or something like that and that is what our hero would use.

Considering the mixed opinions people already have of Lucario, would trying to repeat what Greninja did be a good idea?

If they let it mega evolve then fine by me, it's not like all of Ash's major fights are going to be in Galar only.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I've seen some Boltund merch lately... do you guys think Yamper will evolve and/or be caught/given to Koharu?
I personally think yes, cause they had two focus episode at the beginning of Journeys, and now Koharu already have Eevee in the "cute mascot" spot

BlazingAsh

I've heard people wanting him to catch Pokemon that are up there in terms of power, like Zacian, Darkrai, or Latias.
If he catches them, it would be towards the end of the series like they did with Naganadel and Melmetal. And since a rookie like Goh has caught Eternatus and Suicune, anything could be possible for Ash except for Tier 1 legendaries and Arceus.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
If he catches them, it would be towards the end of the series like they did with Naganadel and Melmetal. And since a rookie like Goh has caught Eternatus and Suicune, anything could be possible for Ash except for Tier 1 legendaries and Arceus.
What counts as Tier 1 legendaries? Genuinely asking, I have trouble placing them in which category.

desdar300

I don't think this Gengar belongs to Satoshi. This whole fight you're talking about either has nothing to do with the anime, or it foreshadowed Leon's fight with Agatha or Allister.
Repetition never stop them before so I don't know why it would now and that merchandise is tied specifically to the anime.
It also lines up with what the staff were teasing for the two and about Ash reaching high heights.

D

Deleted member 384931

Repetition never stop them before so I don't know why it would now and that merchandise is tied specifically to the anime.
It also lines up with what the staff were teasing for the two and about Ash reaching high heights.
I agree, but I feel like Mega Evolution and Dynamax would be kinda cheap power ups for two pokemon he barley uses. And to mention Satoshi hasnt used Dynamax since episode 13. And I feel like after the whole Ash-Greninja thing, Mega Evolution is easy for Satoshi and I wouldnt want a repeat of the Korrina-Lucario Mega Evolution arc if they fail to master it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I agree, but I feel like Mega Evolution and Dynamax would be kinda cheap power ups for two pokemon he barley uses. And to mention Satoshi hasnt used Dynamax since episode 13. And I feel like after the whole Ash-Greninja thing, Mega Evolution is easy for Satoshi and I wouldnt want a repeat of the Korrina-Lucario Mega Evolution arc if they fail to master it.

Gengar is the only one who falls under that category, Dragonite was used for a while first, then Riolu/Lucario got plenty of usage before shifting to Farfetch'd-Sirfetch'd, and then Dracovish, just a shame Gengar hasn't been used more outside of combat situations...

I wouldn't really consider it cheap personally, and i'd prefer Lucario just going mega than the anime bending the rules on something that can't be obtained or used in the games.

@KenzeyEevee so are you against Lucario or Gengar doing these things completely?

Last edited:

DuskAstral

and that merchandise is tied specifically to the anime.
Even if, as I mentioned, this Gengar could belong to Agatha or Allister.
I don't think this ghost was pointing to Satoshi for two reasons:
1) The world champion mentioned that his next fight with Satoshi will be official, and there are still many episodes left

2) I don't see any logic in Satoshi putting Gengar into a fight with Leon's Charizard. Since Ash put up a pikachu during an unofficial fight, it makes more sense for the electric mouse to face Charizard again.

D

Deleted member 384931

Gengar is the only one who falls under that category, Dragonite was used for a while first, then Riolu/Lucario got plenty of usage before shifting to Farfetch'd-Sirfetch'd, and then Dracovish, just a shame Gengar hasn't been used more outside of combat situations...

I wouldn't really consider it cheap personally, and i'd prefer Lucario just going mega than the anime bending the rules on something that can't be obtained or used in the games.

@KenzeyEevee so are you against Lucario or Gengar doing these things completely?
Oh no. If Lucario and Gengar (especially Gengar) could get proper focus, I would be totally fine with it. Now it feels like they suddenly remembered that Lucario and Gengar still are there. At least that is how I think about it. I get that they want to make him more powerful, but this is suddenly much you know, AND Mega Evolution AND Gigantamaxing.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't see any logic in Satoshi putting Gengar into a fight with Leon's Charizard. Since Ash put up a pikachu during an unofficial fight, it makes more sense for the electric mouse to face Charizard again.

unless Gigantamaxing is not involved Pikachu's chances of beating Leon's Charizard are slim to none if they are since we know Pikachu can't move properly when gigantamaxed, especially since Leon can alter his Zard's attacks on the fly to counter whoever he's facing, hopefully when they fight again it's a full 6 v 6 and more than 1 pokemon take Leon's Zard down.

Cause in a normal fight pikachu's chances are higher, but again due to Leon's switching move tactics he could still surprise and beat Ash anyway.

Oh no. If Lucario and Gengar (especially Gengar) could get proper focus, I would be totally fine with it. Now it feels like they suddenly remembered that Lucario and Gengar still are there. At least that is how I think about it. I get that they want to make him more powerful, but this is suddenly much you know, AND Mega Evolution AND Gigantamaxing.

Just because Lucario hasn't been used for a while doesn't automatically mean it's forgotten, i mean what has Sirfetch'd done since it evolved besides be a letter opener, and do I need to start on Dragonite? Gengar I will give you but not Lucario

honestly if this allows them to get more focus then i'm all for it, heck Gengar can probably use the current gimmick better than Pikachu anyway who clearly had trouble with it.

D

Deleted member 384931

Just because Lucario hasn't been used for a while doesn't automatically mean it's forgotten, i mean what has Sirfetch'd done since it evolved besides be a letter opener, and do I need to start on Dragonite? Gengar I will give you but not Lucario

honestly if this allows them to get more focus then i'm all for it, heck Gengar can probably use the current gimmick better than Pikachu anyway who clearly had trouble with it.
I get your points, I sometimes forget he has a Lucario tbh due it appearing less, I thought since it evolved it would appear more. I just hope they dont master it right way, tho.

D

Deleted member 384931

Lucario hasn't been important since December, I think it's fair to say it's been out of focus. It's not Gengar bad, but what isn't?
True lol. Aside from Dragonite, it feels kinda saddening, considering all the popular pokemon Satoshi got in his JN team. The fact that Pikachu hasnt fought alot this years says enough...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I feel like Lucario is going to get something similar to Greninja in XY(Z) where it got consistent focus up until Ramos-Valerie then it gets back into the limelight like it was in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.