• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Journeys is essentially just Doraemon.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Do you guys ever actually think about what this show would've been like if this were a Galar centric series?

index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

Oh btw Happy Birthday to Drizzile and Morpeko!
(If only the writers gave a crap about either of you)
This gives me a hateful and fearful Best Wishes vibe I just can’t explain... -shivers-

If this was canon, I think I’d give sobble and hattena to Ash, keep sirfetch’d and, maybe, add toxel, cufant and centiscorch. I don’t dislike his JN team (except dracovish), but, some diversity doesn’t hurt.

I’d let the girl have the grass starter for a change, it wouldn’t hurt. Seriously, let her have some intimidating team, instead cute things that evolve into bigger cute things.

And Hop...eh, whatever, let Bea call him “cinderace’s trainer” and I’d be fine.

Mind you, I don’t dislike the canon (mostly), but, do you guys remember when Ash did battle regularly on screen?

Me neither.

Last edited:
This gives me a hateful and fearful Best Wishes vibe I just can’t explain... -shivers-

If this was canon, I think I’d give sobble and hattena to Ash, keep sirfetch’d and, maybe, add toxel, cufant and centiscorch. I don’t dislike his JN team (except dracovish), but, some diversity doesn’t hurt.

I’d let the girl have the grass starter for a change wouldn’t hurt. Seriously, let her have some intimidating team, instead cute things that evolve into bigger cute things.

And Hop...eh, whatever, let Bea call him “cinderace’s trainer” and I’d be fine.

Mind you, I don’t dislike the canon (mostly), but, do you guys remember when Ash did battle regularly on screen?

Me neither.
Yep. I would love that but I Agree that the Best Wishes thing is a wasted potential.

I'd like for Ash's rival to be Bede if they wish to, Who would voice bede and Marnie in this hypothetical version?

As for Ash's sobble and Ash's Hatenna, what would be their personality and moveset?

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Anybody think ash will get eiscue
I really don’t know. I think he’s got a chance. But then again, I want him to have it so bad that it could be my hopes projecting that, ya know?

I know there’s been a decent amount of eiscue merch. When that’s been the case, what Pokémon was it alongside? (Like for example, Yamper and Eevee are all listed together. Cinderace, Inteleon, and grookey are together, Pikachu and Lucario are together. Together meaning next to each other

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Bede was such a missed opportunity. Could be the perfect rival for ash

it's not like he can't still appear.
I for one would've enjoyed a somewhat modified badge quest than what the PWC is offering right now. Sadly.

I disagree, but only due to the virtue of the writers refusing to let ash and pikachu go for a new lead.

If someone else was doing the trinket hunting and Ash was moving on to better things I would gladly accept another badge quest, but that is not the case.

that's one of the reasons i personally like this series, they are letting Ash battle at the skill level he should always be at, and not being reset due to promotion.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It must be difficult to see Ash doing the same thing for more than 20 years and always lose the league, I understand why you like this series

Everyone has there own preferences, as someone who's been with this show since the beginning yeah i welcome the change to the format.

I'm not sure if I should ask the question here, but if Naganadel is a Legendary Pokémon, shouldn't it be Ash's strongest?

who knows, technically Silvally is classified as a legendary but we all know it's not unbeatable.

I honestly think Gladion's Lycanroc is his strongest.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I for one wouldbhave enjoyed a somewhat modified badge quest than what the PWC is offering right now. Sadly.
Same. They easily could’ve used the idea of Galar’s league being more competitive as a way to shake it up for Ash. The one thing I’ll give the PWC is that it’s easier to return older characters and give them a role in Ash’s goal.

Red and Blue

I'm not sure if I should ask the question here, but if Naganadel is a Legendary Pokémon, shouldn't it be Ash's strongest?
Not necessarily. While Legendary Pokemon are strong in the anime they aren't impossible to take down. Ash's Charizard and Pikachu took down Articuno and Regice respectively one on one.

And Naganadel still lost against Tapu Koko while Pikachu was able to beat it

desdar300

it's not like he can't still appear.

I disagree, but only due to the virtue of the writers refusing to let ash and pikachu go for a new lead.

If someone else was doing the trinket hunting and Ash was moving on to better things I would gladly accept another badge quest, but that is not the case.

that's one of the reasons i personally like this series, they are letting Ash battle at the skill level he should always be at, and not being reset due to promotion.
PWC is basically a glorified gym challenge research fellow angle that the series was sold on.
Because of that the swsh Rivals are basically obsolete and at worse might end up like Opal with them appearing because of the TPC obligation over anything else.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Because of that the swsh Rivals are basically obsolete and at worse might end up like Opal with them appearing because of the TPC obligation over anything else.

so them appearing is an "obligation?" by that logic shouldn't Galar be getting all the attention then?

desdar300

No i believe they still can, but why does it have to be an "obligation" for them to do so?
Because we're in the generation 8 anime and two of them are very popular in Japan.
However my point is they may as well not show any of them because there's not much for them to do.
Those three were rivals in the League with Bede being Rose's tool of sorts.
They have lost that privilege so what does that leave them with?
The hyper class opponents seem to be set in stone and what little hop could have offered has gone to go

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
It's literally just the old formula but with no direction or plot.
I think this is a good point to bring up. Even if the coating is different, has the PWC really shaken up the dynamic with ash that much?

Ash is still just getting a few battle relating to his goal between long gaps of episodes. In between battles ash is still doing random filler, but then even less stuff with his team.

With a ranking system the main shake up should‘ve been battles having more often, and more tangible progression fluctuations through the ranking number and class. While fanservice functions by bringing a lot of recognizable characters.

But what we‘ve had is barely any substantial battle, that rarely have been handled as good as a gym battle, and the ones that do are spaced maybe even farther than gyms. The most unreliable progression marker we‘ve had with the ranking numbers themselves not having any weight to them, when they just make it go up without much care or effort. This all done with completely random cotds, with only two returning and one new game characters people actually recognize and the story actually tries to make people care about.

Frankly, pwc has just felt more like a much worse version of a gym quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.