• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

That's because the writers have nothing planned for ash this series in terms of future captures I think but it seems that everything is planned for goh
There is still time plenty of time left for Ash to get more captures, heck if were talking Ash catch rates this isn’t even the largest gap between Ash’s captures.

Just because it’s been awhile doesn’t mean that every capture is planned to go to Goh. Heck there are still plenty of Pokémon left to choose from.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
There is still time plenty of time left for Ash to get more captures, heck if were talking Ash catch rates this isn’t even the largest gap between Ash’s captures.

Just because it’s been awhile doesn’t mean that every capture is planned to go to Goh. Heck there are still plenty of Pokémon left to choose from.
I hope it is true and am glad that atleast lucario and gengar will get their own focus arcs in the future

IkeBayern

Hmmm he didn't get eiscue ok let's see now which other pokemon he might get or he doesn't get anything still I will hope he gets some new pokemon i think kubfu and toxitricity is the best chance for ash to get

Hopefully he does get a few more captures but I don’t think it’ll happen anytime soon sadly and besides there’s not many Pokémon that the writers would deem suitable for Ash and his PWC journey.

I still am quite disappointed he didn’t get a Galar region starter, technically he still could but I think that ship has sailed.

Corviknight, Toxel, Kubfu and maybe one more popular Galar region Pokémon will join Ash at some point but that’s it and I’m being optimistic tbh.

He does have a lot of Pokémon tho, so maybe they wanna use one of the underdeveloped ones at some point but it seems like they’ve been reluctant to take that approach just yet unlike with human characters.

All of Ash’s captures (so far) from this series either are nostalgic, correcting a past mistake or from the current generation, so unless the Pokémon has a narrative the writers want to use and explore, doubt Ash would catch it.

My personal favorite would be Tyranitar, would be even better if they went to Mt. Silver on a research project and Ash caught the old Larvitar he used to take care of, it isn’t too unreasonable considering all the fanservice we’ve gotten so far!

Every cool, interesting, funny or cute Pokémon that you’d love to see Ash use at some point in this series will be caught by Goh only to never be seen again

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Now you have seen the light brother.

Lol where’d this come from? ....but there’s probably a lice Pokémon.

I KNOW! What was up with that!?
It deserves better. Sweetie pie

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I hope he doesn't catch any of them. I don't really like the idea of all his Pokémon being the popular ones.
Honestly, I did never find why toxel and kubfu lines are appealing. To me, kubfu is just a mythical tyrogue. And corviknight is way too dark (color wise). But, I don't play SwSh, so that's it.

But, Ash didn't start to have much more popular mons in his teams until XY and Alola and, in their credit, the anime made a good work showcasing them. Not every oddball is good (palpitoad, boldore), but, some of them comes as a good surprise (tauros, glalie, gliscor, even gible). Probably it's what I'm missing in JN team, someone that contrasts a little with the other guys. No, I don't count dracovish, I hate that abomination.

The show's writing staff shares that opinion.
Hey, Riley can make a good joke, that's new!

DuskAstral

Why are you so against anything getting more development/more Pokemon of any kind?
You misunderstood me. My point was not to give him only popular Pokémon. If he has to get something, I think it is better to give him some unpopular Pokémon, so that his team does not consist of "stars" only.

deliaketchum

Fun fact, in Animedia magazine (I think that is the one, not 100% sure) Ash is 19 in the top 20 male characters and Goh doesn't appear in the top 30, that means Goh popularity has declined A LOT, give them both and there is no chance to improved this, well better that way
You are just jelly of goh. I want goh to catch everything and become topmost pokemon go player in our world also.

deliaketchum

Pretty sure he'd outdo every other character at the rate he's going. I predict that writers will have partake in a league, just so he sweep everyone, and show how much he's "grown as a trainer"
He could take part in galar league sincd ash is not doing. With his pokemon, he can sweep all gym leaders easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.