• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!
Quick question if dawn inspires Chloe to do pokemon contest don't you think it's a little old since May was inspired in pokemon advance to do it just wondering why contest ? no offense BTW

If you or a relative of yours is a minor and is related to the anipoke community on twitter, be very careful

A youtuber who is related to several minors, apparently is grooming kids
I heard about that. I have no words. Absolutely disgusting behavior.

Kungfu-Bear

This might be an unpopular opinion but... I don't want Ash to catch any other Pokemon.

I mean he gets one more and then what... Get an arc with 2 or 3 episodes interspersed and then just get putted aside like Gengar, Sirfetch'd, Dracovish without much interaction with other Pokémon and training almost entirely off-screen?
Then I say please don't give Ash any more Pokemon... The mons he has are already struggling to get some screen time, add another one without a good reason or narrative behind will only make it worse. Also, giving Ash new Pokémon could further reinforce one of the issues I have with this "World Championship" which is confusing powerscaling as I see for instance Ash's newly obtained Pokémon performing well against some of the highest ranked trainers in the world (I'm mostly looking at you, Riolu), yes with or without off-screen training.

What I think writers can give to Ash is bringing back his old Pokémon and "rotate" them in his party. Damn this is what I've been waiting for since... always. So the writers/directors/TVT/whatever can even give Goh 60% of their screen time more easily, as that's apparently what they want so bad, without worrying so much about the "off-screen" issue or any inconsistency they might be creating, since most of Ash's old Pokémon at least already have some experience level and may jump right into the action.

Goh is the 'capture boy' so leave that part to him.
The only exception I would make for Ash at the moment would be Kubfu, if that means Goh won't have one (not because of some personal tantrum with the character though, but because Kubfu/Urshifu is MUCH more suited to Ash and would seem less like a huge waste of a Legendary).

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The only exception I would make for Ash at the moment would be Kubfu, if that means Goh won't have one (not because of some personal tantrum with the character though, but because Kubfu/Urshifu is MUCH more suited to Ash and would seem less like a huge waste of a Legendary).

Kubfu would give Ash a third consistent fighting type, granted it gains a dual type upon evolving.

your not wrong either that it would probably fit Ash more than Goh, but Kubfu does have a split evolution so they could both end up getting one.

I just hope that if it comes down to where there's only 1 to give, they don't end up fighting for it, because that is something I do not want to see transpire. (the variables that could come out of it... make my head hurt just thinking about them)

Of course there's also the fact that Tsurugi already showed up the single strike style(ash did show interest in it though), and some believe the girl (i can never remember her name) might have the other form, if that's the case then the impact factor of Ash or Goh getting one is lessened signficantly, especially more so in Ash's case if it was his first legendary.

Megapixel

This might be an unpopular opinion but... I don't want Ash to catch any other Pokemon.

I mean he gets one more and then what... Get an arc with 2 or 3 episodes interspersed and then just get putted aside like Gengar, Sirfetch'd, Dracovish without much interaction with other Pokémon and training almost entirely off-screen?
Then I say please don't give Ash any more Pokemon... The mons he has are already struggling to get some screen time, add another one without a good reason or narrative behind will only make it worse. Also, giving Ash new Pokémon could further reinforce one of the issues I have with this "World Championship" which is confusing powerscaling as I see for instance Ash's newly obtained Pokémon performing well against some of the highest ranked trainers in the world (I'm mostly looking at you, Riolu), yes with or without off-screen training.

What I think writers can give to Ash is bringing back his old Pokémon and "rotate" them in his party. Damn this is what I've been waiting for since... always. So the writers/directors/TVT/whatever can even give Goh 60% of their screen time more easily, as that's apparently what they want so bad, without worrying so much about the "off-screen" issue or any inconsistency they might be creating, since most of Ash's old Pokémon at least already have some experience level and may jump right into the action.

Goh is the 'capture boy' so leave that part to him.
my hopes that ash would use his old pokemon died in episode 68

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Also who bullied Eiscue?
My impression was that they thought the Eiscue was trying to attack Falinks (since it clumsily ran through some bushes right at the latter).
If you or a relative of yours is a minor and is related to the anipoke community on twitter, be very careful

A youtuber who is related to several minors, apparently is grooming kids
I'm honestly surprised more predators haven't tried using pop culture to lure children online. Usually, it's the cliche of them asking your kid if they want some sweets or if they want to see a puppy they have in their basement, but its never some creepy YouTuber offering rare Pokemon in exchange for ... uh, I'm not going to say what that something else might be on a forum where kids are likely frequenting ...

Status
Not open for further replies.