• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Captures wise? I don’t know. By now, I’d really appreciate a good old Ash episode (with zero Go) bonding with his team, before anything else.

I’d really like he got something cool in the future, Galar or not. My expectations are kinda low, since he didn’t get anything in months.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Captures wise? I don’t know. By now, I’d really appreciate a good old Ash episode (with zero Go) bonding with his team, before anything else.

I’d really like he got something cool in the future, Galar or not. My expectations are kinda low, since he didn’t get anything in months.
The only thing I even care about regarding captures is that they add more Galar mons since it’s just lame at the moment.

Risrhayne

Am I the only getting a little annoyed at Ash constantly throwing his arms around Goh’s shoulder? There’s something about it that feels so…forced and shallow to me because I genuinely don’t think Ash and Goh have good chemistry. It’s very one-sided in Goh’s favor. Ash wanted to travel, which at first went fine with Goh’s goal, but then they decided to have the PWC which….has little to do with traveling, and more being at the right place at the right time. Suddenly, Goh’s journey could be progressed in every episode at basically anytime while Ash’s needed whole episodes dedicated to it. This was not helped by the fact that Ash caught more Pokémon that needed development. Goh’s not interested in battling, having stronger Pokémon or competing in general so he can’t relate to anything Ash’s goes through with his new team, much less join in. They don’t feel like characters that would be the best buddies like their gestures suggest they are.

When’s the last time these guys had a legitimate disagreement? When has Goh helped Ash in a serious manner? The only time I can recall something like this happening was when Goh tried to ditch Raboot and Ash called him out on it. This was a great chance for Goh to thank Ash for pulling him out of his nasty habit to bail on people the second they’re not buddy-buddy with him. It would have made the later events of him making up with his old friend and reassuring Drizzile much more effective at showing how Ash has helped him. But he never acknowledges him and Raboot never knew it was nearly left behind. Meanwhile Ash needs to take a few seconds almost every episode to throw an arm around Goh or thank him for taking him to a spot where a PWC competitor just HAPPENS to be. Now here comes Project Mew where Goh is probably gonna take the biggest leaps towards his goal thanks to Ash being there to carry him, but is he gonna help Ash the same way when the tournament arc happens? Or is he gonna be late to the battle because he wanted to snag a few Pokémon outside of the stadium? Ash has Goh’s back 100%, but I just don’t see Goh feeling the same way because he can’t relate to him.

So to see Ash and Goh constantly throwing their arms around each other feels less like these guys are friends that push each other, challenge each other’s ideas and try to grow, but because….they need to do something to shove into the audiences’s faces that says “SeE!! They ARE friends! LooK how close theY aRe!” While Ash is doing all of the legwork.

RafaSceptile

Am I the only getting a little annoyed at Ash constantly throwing his arms around Goh’s shoulder? There’s something about it that feels so…forced and shallow to me because I genuinely don’t think Ash and Goh have good chemistry. It’s very one-sided in Goh’s favor. Ash wanted to travel, which at first went fine with Goh’s goal, but then they decided to have the PWC which….has little to do with traveling, and more being at the right place at the right time. Suddenly, Goh’s journey could be progressed in every episode at basically anytime while Ash’s needed whole episodes dedicated to it. This was not helped by the fact that Ash caught more Pokémon that needed development. Goh’s not interested in battling, having stronger Pokémon or competing in general so he can’t relate to anything Ash’s goes through with his new team, much less join in. They don’t feel like characters that would be the best buddies like their gestures suggest they are.

When’s the last time these guys had a legitimate disagreement? When has Goh helped Ash in a serious manner? The only time I can recall something like this happening was when Goh tried to ditch Raboot and Ash called him out on it. This was a great chance for Goh to thank Ash for pulling him out of his nasty habit to bail on people the second they’re not buddy-buddy with him. It would have made the later events of him making up with his old friend and reassuring Drizzile much more effective at showing how Ash has helped him. But he never acknowledges him and Raboot never knew it was nearly left behind. Meanwhile Ash needs to take a few seconds almost every episode to throw an arm around Goh or thank him for taking him to a spot where a PWC competitor just HAPPENS to be. Now here comes Project Mew where Goh is probably gonna take the biggest leaps towards his goal thanks to Ash being there to carry him, but is he gonna help Ash the same way when the tournament arc happens? Or is he gonna be late to the battle because he wanted to snag a few Pokémon outside of the stadium? Ash has Goh’s back 100%, but I just don’t see Goh feeling the same way because he can’t relate to him.

So to see Ash and Goh constantly throwing their arms around each other feels less like these guys are friends that push each other, challenge each other’s ideas and try to grow, but because….they need to do something to shove into the audiences’s faces that says “SeE!! They ARE friends! LooK how close theY aRe!” While Ash is doing all of the legwork.
In my eyes Ash and Goh are very good friends, similar to how Ash and Dawn were back in DP. The main difference between both dynamics is that Ash and Dawn helped to each other into their goals, meanwhile Ash clearly helped Goh, but Goh most of the time isn't helping Ash. That's why sometimes this friendship can feel a bit forced, but I think they are in very good terms.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I am waiting for one episode when the protagonists change their goals to each other for moments.
Goh to fight and Ash to catch pokemons.
I would be completely satisfied with such an episode.
Such an attitude of friendship would show how much more he is worth in this episode.

nickdt

In my eyes Ash and Goh are very good friends, similar to how Ash and Dawn were back in DP. The main difference between both dynamics is that Ash and Dawn helped to each other into their goals, meanwhile Ash clearly helped Goh, but Goh most of the time isn't helping Ash. That's why sometimes this friendship can feel a bit forced, but I think they are in very good terms.

Wow. what a good friend Goh is. He literally threw Ash under the bus in the Falinks episode.

As seen in the episode, Go's Grookey disturbed the Falinks by hitting the leader with its stick (sigh), which lead to the Falinks getting mad and wanting to retaliate. Since Grookey led the Falinks back to Ash and Go, Ash had no choice but to defend themselves by ordering Pikachu to attack back. This caused the explosion which separated the captain of Falinks with the rest, so Ash stayed to take care of the troops while Go went to save the captain. So after saving the captain, Go said to the captain that "Ash really went too far this time".

How did Ash go to far when Grookey was the one who started it. Goh's own inability to control Grookey, let Grookey to do that, but somehow he blamed Ash.

nickdt

...it's not that deep lol. Ash's Pikachu was the one who shocked the falinks even if grookey started things

If Grookey didn't start it, Pikachu wouldn't have shocked it.

So Goh blaming Ash is another case of the writers shilling Goh at the expense of Ash and shows that Goh really doesn't care about Ash or his goal.

Risrhayne

So I was wrong about their relationship being forced, but I’m definitely noticing the acknowledgement of it at least being one-sided with Ash being relegated to Goh’s hypeman for the vast majority of the show. They might be friends, but I feel like this will be seen as Ash’s weaker ones in terms of companions.

ShadowForce720

If Grookey didn't start it, Pikachu wouldn't have shocked it.

So Goh blaming Ash is another case of the writers shilling Goh at the expense of Ash and shows that Goh really doesn't care about Ash or his goal.
It doesn’t matter who started it the point is that Ash’s Pikachu is the one that separated the Falinks by shocking them.

Trying to say that Goh mentioning that Ash’s Pikachu separating the Falinks some how shows that he doesn’t care about Ash or his goal is over exaggerating things to a different degree.

Just because Goh’s Grookey taunted and provoked the Falinks and it attacked doesn’t automatically mean that Ash is justified separating the Falinks.

Sure Ash can defend himself, but at the end of the day he is an experienced trainer so he should have been able to defend against the Falinks in a way that wouldn’t separate them. Not to mention that Ash’s Pikachu literally has a attack that could have restrained.

Where as Goh is less experienced. I not saying that Goh shouldn’t have tried to rain in Grookey more, however regardless of who started it, at the the end of the day it doesn’t change the fact that Ash and his Pikachu put the Falinks life in danger.

You may try to argue that oh but that is an over exaggeration, but it’s not considering how integral being part of a 6 mon legion is for Falinks doing something that could permanently separate even one of the especially the leader could put their lives in danger since they won’t be able to operate normally with things becoming more difficult.

nickdt

It doesn’t matter who started it the point is that Ash’s Pikachu is the one that separated the Falinks by shocking them.

Trying to say that Goh mentioning that Ash’s Pikachu separating the Falinks some how shows that he doesn’t care about Ash or his goal is over exaggerating things to a different degree.

Just because Goh’s Grookey taunted and provoked the Falinks and it attacked doesn’t automatically mean that Ash is justified separating the Falinks.

Sure Ash can defend himself, but at the end of the day he is an experienced trainer so he should have been able to defend against the Falinks in a way that wouldn’t separate them. Not to mention that Ash’s Pikachu literally has a attack that could have restrained.

Where as Goh is less experienced. I not saying that Goh shouldn’t have tried to rain in Grookey more, however regardless of who started it, at the the end of the day it doesn’t change the fact that Ash and his Pikachu put the Falinks life in danger.

You may try to argue that oh but that is an over exaggeration, but it’s not considering how integral being part of a 6 mon legion is for Falinks doing something that could permanently separate even one of the especially the leader could put their lives in danger since they won’t be able to operate normally with things becoming more difficult.

The fact of the matter is: If Grookey left the Falinks alone, Pikachu didn't need to use T-Bolt.

So its 100% Grookey (And as such by extention Goh) to blame here. This episode made it fairly obvious Goh doesn't care about what Grookey does to others or not (Which we have seen in 2 episodes now, not including this one).

nickdt

if PM2019 is over... The Last thing Ash will capture new Pokémon will be gen 9 starter to make up for his lack of Starters in gen 8 anime.

edit: Ash could have beaten leon before we get to Gen 9.

Thing is all depends on when we get gen 9.

If we get gen 9 announced before Ash faces Leon, i don't think Ash vs Leon will be for the champion title of the PWC, but only a Masters 8 match-up and that the gen 9 champion has defeated Leon before Ash (As to set them up as the next big goal for Ash).

Now obviously, Ash can beat Leon for the PWC title, but then gets beaten by the gen 9 champion (But then his win against Leon would feel hollow imo), so i don't see this as a likely option.

ShadowForce720

The fact of the matter is: If Grookey left the Falinks alone, Pikachu didn't need to use T-Bolt.

So its 100% Grookey (And as such by extention Goh) to blame here. This episode made it fairly obvious Goh doesn't care about what Grookey does to others or not (Which we have seen in 2 episodes now, not including this one).
That doesn’t change the fact that Ash could have order Pikachu to use Electro Web instead of Thunderbolt. Regardless of Grookey taunting Falinks Ash and Pikachu are not blameless here.

The fact of the matter while Grookey did taught Falinks no matter how much Grookey did that it wasn’t going to lead to Falinks being separated on its own.

Also it’s not that Goh doesn’t care about what Grookey does it’s that do to his inexperience he’s not able to control it.

You can’t just try to hand wave things here and say that oh that it’s entirely Goh’s and Grookey’s fault when Ash and Pikachu could have handled that situation better.

I mean you’re basically saying would be like sayingthat if Grookey provokes Farfetch’d or Flabebe e and which leads to it attacking him and Ash and then Ash and his Pikachu accidentally destroy the leak/flower that somehow Ash and Pikachu are innocent and don’t bare any responsibility towards what happened.

That’s not how that works sure do/would Goh and Grookey bare some responsibility towards what happened? Yes, but Ash and Pikachu would still bare responsibility for separating the Falinks and/or destroying the leak/flower.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

I do get this kind of feeling of it being forced from time to time. I guess it’s mostly because there’s only two of them to bounce off each other, so they have to be made look close even though the way they act is pretty normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.