• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

didn't you say that Kubfu would fit Ash more to begin with?

Also, i'm not seeing how Kubfu is similar to riolu, Riolu was battle hungry baby the moment it hatched, where as from what we see in the games Kubfu is more shy at first and has to open up to the world, if the anime portrays it in the same way then that is not the same as Riolu.

I would also like to point out that even though we did see Tsurugi with it, that doesn't necessarly mean Ash can't still get one for himself, heck he did seem interested in it as well.
Exactly, when it comes to looking up poke dex entries for Pokémon, it’s usually Goh that uses his Poke dex, which he used for the three Galar Pokémon that he and Ash encountered in Friday’s episode. So when Tsurugi showcased his Urshifu, Ash was the one that pulled out his poke dex and not Goh which is what you said by him being interested. So I agree I think that they can easily give Ash an Urshifu despite the fact that it’s a fighting type since they have had him own 3 of the same type before.

nickdt

he had 3 grounds in sinnoh and 3 flying types in kalos, as long as they don't go beyond 3 then it's fine to me.

as long as each one battles differently that's what really matters, not the types alone.

While this is true, all three of them provided different roles (And he technically had 2 Ground types in Sinnoh at the same time, since Gible and Gliscor were never on the same team).

Torterra - long ranged attacker
Gliscor - Aerial, physical attacker
Gible - Mixed attacker

Talonflame: Physical airborne attacker
Hawlucha: Phyiscal ground based attacker
Noivern: Special airborne attacker

I can't see Urshifu's and Sirfetch'd attacking style be different (They can make Lucario mixed).

ShadowForce720

While this is true, all three of them provided different roles (And he technically had 2 Ground types in Sinnoh at the same time, since Gible and Gliscor were never on the same team).

Gible - Mixed attacker

I can't see Urshifu's and Sirfetch'd attacking style be different (They can make Lucario mixed).
Sirfetch’d’s fighting style literally revolves around using it’s leaks as weapons in the form of a sword/lance and shield, while Urshifu uses it’s fists, no matter how you look at it those styles are completely different.

desdar300

Gible - Mixed attacker

Well the Duck is a swordsman while Lucario is based off of an Egyptian boxer with an emphasis on Ki.
The bear would utilize Wushu which would either Focus on hard-hitting attacks or rapid-fire Blows and if they really wanted to differentiate them further they can just focus primarily on the secondary typing

Last edited:

xNidoQueen

Honestly, I see some people still holding out hope for Eiscue to return but after seeing it reunite with his buddies at the end of the epiosde, I think the chances of that happening now are slim to none. This case is not very comparable to Krookodile's or Gengar's case.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I am only one who think those writer just forgot both PWC and project mew ?
No one mention them recently
cough JOHTO JOURNEYS cough
When Ash goes to Ecruteak city for gym battle, before this was more than 20 fillers episodes....

tsunamimijumaru

I wouldn't mind Ash catching Urshifu if he didn't already have Sirfetch'd. He's already living in the shadow of Lucario so to then compete with a legendary as well doesn't great for it. Regardless of fighting style, having to compete with one of the most popular mons and a legendary just sounds like he's the most likely to get screwed over in battle the most compared to the other two despite his mini arc.

Also, if they wanted Ash to get Urshifu and have it be his first legendary then why show it off with Tsugiri first. At the moment a lot of fans want Ash to catch a legendary especially considering Goh has already caught two and could potentially get more so wouldn't feel very special having Ash's first legendary be something that's gonna be shown off by another character. I dunno what do you guys think?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If Grookey didn't start it, Pikachu wouldn't have shocked it.

So Goh blaming Ash is another case of the writers shilling Goh at the expense of Ash and shows that Goh really doesn't care about Ash or his goal.
Yeah he's really coming off as one of those OCs who you see in fics that a majority of the time come off as WAY better than him
And took the 'magical' trait that most Ash variants have of Pokemon magically falling for him and wanting to be owned by him without him earning it. (Suicune, Absol, Grookey....)

Honestly I'm glad I always disliked Grookey's line. It's the worst Pokemon ever to be on the cast, topping even the Rocket Unova drones. At least they were cool to look at!
It has been eight episodes since the last PWC ep and TWO since the last Project Mew ep. Do people act like this when Ash goes a while without doing a Gym?
PWC isn't limited like Gyms are, they could have SO many battles yet take forever to air a new one. Yet Goh keeps getting capture focused episodes left and right! They could easily make a new character for Ash to fight like the Gallade guy, bring back a character who shares a VA with a current prominent character(Barry) or introduce more Galar characters or E4 members like Wikstrom who didn't initially have roles. Sure wish Ash could have battled and beaten him before beating 'champion' Iris! :rolleyes:
It still hardly feels like a 'World Championship' cause most everyone was from Kanto/Galar. Still need a Johto and Hoenn trainer!

I'm actually very insecure about my work but I'm pretty confident in saying that I'm handling that better. The thing should have been handled in arcs with Ash going to regions and staying there for awhile like Hoenn to challenge the Elite Four before popping on back to Galar for obligatory focus, then to another region like Johto for a bit, then back to Galar, Mohn arc, Galar, Sinnoh BF, Galar, Unova... not sitting in Kanto and doing pretty much nothing, not even training for over 3/4 of the series!
Yea, but ash having 3 fight pokemon is overkill. Writers should do interesting stuff with what he has rather than giving him new toys hoping that will solve the problem of boring ash this season.
Ash had three Flying types in XY lol
I'm sick of Fighting types too but at least we had a break in SM. Also have to keep in mind that not all of them are the same, Urshifu and Lucario are vastly different. Lucario has Aura Sphere and the potential to use Bone Rush/Meteor Mash, Urshifu has Fighting attacks and Water/Dark moves depending how they go(Dark pls), Sirfetch uses his leek!

Also pretty sure that Goh has far more than three lmao Goh doesn't need Kubfu, Bea should get the other to help their rivalry. Ash and Bea doing the Armor stuff together and then doing the dojos! The rivalry could use some excitement, I just don't care for it. Lucario lost once, drew one, the next thing they can do is let him win or it's just repetition! Let Lucario win and put the focus on Urshifu, is Trip really the last rival where they don't focus on a species rivalry the entire time? *sigh*
If you like Falinks, you don't want him getting it. His Water types got shelved once Sobble entered the picture and are really only appearing now cause Drizzile got unfortunately shelved

desdar300

I wouldn't mind Ash catching Urshifu if he didn't already have Sirfetch'd. He's already living in the shadow of Lucario so to then compete with a legendary as well doesn't great for it. Regardless of fighting style, having to compete with one of the most popular mons and a legendary just sounds like he's the most likely to get screwed over in battle the most compared to the other two despite his mini arc.

Also, if they wanted Ash to get Urshifu and have it be his first legendary then why show it off with Tsugiri first. At the moment a lot of fans want Ash to catch a legendary especially considering Goh has already caught two and could potentially get more so wouldn't feel very special having Ash's first legendary be something that's gonna be shown off by another character. I dunno what do you guys think?
Historically he does tend to get Pokemon that others have had prior to him owning one.
I think the main reason why people are hoping for the bear is because it's on the weaker side of legendary Pokemon and would fit right in with his current team without being too much.

tsunamimijumaru

Historically he does tend to get Pokemon that others have had prior to him owning one.
I think the main reason why people are hoping for the bear is because it's on the weaker side of legendary Pokemon and would fit right in with his current team without being too much.
While this is true and I understand why it would fit his current team. I originally wanted him to get it before he caught Sirfetch'd but I just mean if it's gonna be his first legendary it would have felt more special if it actually made its debut under Ash's command. If he gets an Urshifu then cool I'm not mad but I just fear what will happen to the duck as I gained a lot more appreciation for it because of its mini arc

desdar300

While this is true and I understand why it would fit his current team. I originally wanted him to get it before he caught Sirfetch'd but I just mean if it's gonna be his first legendary it would have felt more special if it actually made its debut under Ash's command. If he gets an Urshifu then cool I'm not mad but I just fear what will happen to the duck as I gained a lot more appreciation for it because of its mini arc
I guess the thing about the bear is that they can just give it a little mini Arc in the Isle of armor and call it a day.
It'll be just like his other Pokemon where it's on the sidelines until there's a big PWC match.
That's not ideal ofc but that's how we roll in this season

Last edited:

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I guess the thing about the beer is that they can just give it a little mini Arc in the Isle of armor and call it a day.
It'll be just like his other Pokemon where it's on the sidelines until there's a big PWC match.
That's not ideal ofc but that's how we roll in this season
I know you meant the bear as in "Urshifu" but this typo has me wondering if alcohol has ever appeared onscreen. I think Kukui and Burnet drank some kind of wine at their wedding but that's the only incident I really remember (and it was turned to juice in the dub irc).

Kungfu-Bear

didn't you say that Kubfu would fit Ash more to begin with?

Also, i'm not seeing how Kubfu is similar to riolu, Riolu was battle hungry baby the moment it hatched, where as from what we see in the games Kubfu is more shy at first and has to open up to the world, if the anime portrays it in the same way then that is not the same as Riolu.

I would also like to point out that even though we did see Tsurugi with it, that doesn't necessarly mean Ash can't still get one for himself, heck he did seem interested in it as well.
Well we're just talking about chances, right? If the show's priority is to expose each Pokémon species then this significantly reduces (not eliminate it) the chances of showing more than both Ursh forms in this phase of the anime, specially cus it's a Legendary.

Yes I said it suits Ash better. Let me make it clear:
What I want it to be = Kubfu will be Ash, IMO suits him better because he's a battle-oriented Pokemon.
What I believe it will be = Kubfu may be Goh's, for the reasons I explained. The fact that Urshifu is a Pokémon that would fits better in the competitive battle scenario doesn't stop Goh from catching it at all, even because he has already got Flygon, Absol, Scizor, Suicune, the giant Golurk, a [potentially] giant Gyarados and so on. Why would writers miss this unique opportunity to give this Legendary to Goh, especially considering the reasons that beef up this potential? His dream is to complete the Pokédex, right? Writers are already giving everything to him, that's why it kind of doesn't matter if "it suits Ash more". I'm just trying to separate the writer's perspective from wishful thinking, sorry if it felt contradictory.
(I also don't get why people keep saying that Ash was "interested" in Wulaosu. I mean maybe he was but he literally just used his Pokédex on a Pokémon he's never seen before, did I miss something?)

Despite some small differences I think the plot structure would be the same as Riolu's arc: a fighting-type baby Pokémon with great fighting spirit (according to Pokédex) training hard along with his trainer to evolve and become powerful (according to IoA's "plot"). If they give Kub to Ash, they might need to introduce some extra conflict to make the story feel fresher.

Master Pikachu 11

Well Urshifu has two forms and Kubfu has not been seen yet, so they showed off a Pokémon in order for the main characters to see it and possibly want to travel to IOA to learn about it. So just because they showed one form doesn’t mean, they still can’t give one to Ash.

Megapixel

that was what he could read in another image that was in Japanese, whether it is the same darkrai from canalave city or from the film is very likely

Status
Not open for further replies.