• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

How does that show Goh doesnt care about Ash or his goal
Jesus christ do you people love to overreact on everything related to him, exhausting
I said it once and I said it before the main issue is that the PWC is basically a sideshow.
The main selling point of this series was exploring and researching Pokemon which tends to lean more in Gou's favor.
Ash has the brains of a Shonen protagonist and a lot of the situations they're put in he's dealt with before so they allow go to experience them.
The unfortunate consequence of that is is that Ash is basically just there until the animators and budget say it's time to have a new PWC.
It's a classic ( and downright hilarious) example of writing yourself into a wall.
But what really stinks is that the research angle and IMO isn't really all that interesting compared to the side plot which is something that was somewhat hyped up since DP.

Risrhayne

I said it once and I said it before the main issue is that the PWC is basically a sideshow.
The main selling point of this series was exploring and researching Pokemon which tends to lean more in Gou's favor.
Ash has the brains of a Shonen protagonist and a lot of the situations they're put in he's dealt with before so they allow go to experience them.
The unfortunate consequence of that is is that Ash is basically just there until the animators and budget say it's time to have a new PWC.
It's a classic ( and downright hilarious) example of writing yourself into a wall.
But what really stinks is that the research angle and IMO isn't really all that interesting compared to the side plot which is something that was somewhat hyped up since DP.
Not to mention the whole “research fellows” theme just doesn’t feel right when these guys have pokedexs and are old enough to go on a journey. What would REALLY help this angle is if they opened up Sakuragi Park like a petting zoo and all of the little kids not old enough to get a pokedex can learn about Pokémon. That way Goh catching every Pokémon can actually feel beneficial and not some self-imposed challenge he’d probably stop if he accidentally caught Mew earlier than expected. ‘Cause you can’t tell me Max, Bonnie, Harper and Sarah wouldn’t kill to check out Sakuragi Park and learn about the different forms of Flabébé, go on a rocket ship ride with Golurk or watch Magikarp jump.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
This is my list of wishful captures for Ash, based on several factors:

1º) Pokemon that belonged to Ash's old companions:
+ Brock: Onix (Ash wasted several chances in the past to catch one)
+ Misty: Togepi (He found its egg originally)
+ Tracey: Scyther (A young one, of course)
+ May: Blaziken
+ Dawn: Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon
+ Iris: Dragonite (CAPTURED)
+ Cilan: Pansage
+ Serena: Pancham
+ Clemont: Chespin (although I also thought about Luxray)
+ Kiawe: Turtonator
+ Sophocles: Vikavolt (He was supposed to capture a Grubbin in Alola).

2º) Pokemon that Ash SHOULD have captured in his past journeys:
+ Kanto: Gengar (CAPTURED)
+ Johto: Tyranitar
+ Hoenn: Sableye
+ Sinnoh: Lucario (Captured)
+ Unova: Zoroark
+ Kalos: Tyrantrum
+ Alola: Either Zeraora or Solgaleo.

3º) Regional variations:
+ Alola Exeggutor (he befriended several ones)
+ Alola Raichu (a Psychic type, evolved from "Surfing Pikachu", keeping Pikachu)
+ Alola Marowak (Not sure, simply because is another Ghost type)
+ Galar Weezing (a Fairy Type)
+ Galar Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd (CAPTURED)
+ Galar Meowth/Perserker (It's described as a "warrior").

4º) Pokemon to make a full Galar Team:
+ Corviknight
+ Coalossal
+ Orbeetle
+ Urshifu (Single Strike)
+ Toxtricity (Amped Form)

DuskAstral

This is my list of wishful captures for Ash, based on several factors:

1º) Pokemon that belonged to Ash's old companions:
+ Brock: Onix (Ash wasted several chances in the past to catch one)
+ Misty: Togepi (He found its egg originally)
+ Tracey: Scyther (A young one, of course)
+ May: Blaziken
+ Dawn: Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon
+ Cilan: Pansage
+ Serena: Pancham
+ Clemont: Chespin (although I also thought about Luxray)
+ Kiawe: Turtonator
+ Sophocles: Vikavolt (He was supposed to capture a Grubbin in Alola).

2º) Pokemon that Ash SHOULD have captured in his past journeys:
+ Johto: Tyranitar
+ Hoenn: Sableye
+ Unova: Zoroark
+ Kalos: Tyrantrum
+ Alola: Either Zeraora or Solgaleo.

3º) Regional variations:
+ Alola Exeggutor (he befriended several ones)
+ Alola Raichu (a Psychic type, evolved from "Surfing Pikachu", keeping Pikachu)
+ Alola Marowak (Not sure, simply because is another Ghost type)
+ Galar Weezing (a Fairy Type)
+ Galar Meowth/Perserker (It's described as a "warrior").

4º) Pokemon to make a full Galar Team:
+ Corviknight
+ Coalossal
+ Orbeetle
+ Urshifu (Single Strike)
+ Toxtricity (Amped Form)
There is no chance that he will catch that many Pokémon. Satoshi is not a collector to catch that many creatures.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
There is no chance that he will catch that many Pokémon. Satoshi is not a collector to catch that many creatures.

He's not a collector, but he surely has gathered a lot of Pokemon through the years. I wouldn't be surprised if the series ends up with Ash having captured 151 Pokemon, as reference to the original number. Besides, many of those Pokemon comes as references to characters that is very difficult they will appear in the future.

Sirfetch’d’s fighting style literally revolves around using it’s leaks as weapons in the form of a sword/lance and shield, while Urshifu uses it’s fists, no matter how you look at it those styles are completely different.
Doesn't that means Sirfetch'd and Urshifu are both melee physical attacker?

Edit: It is about ROLE, not STYLE.

Sword vs fist? Whatever... both are melee and physical.

FYI, Wushu can utilize sword and shield.
Well the Duck is a swordsman while Lucario is based off of an Egyptian boxer with an emphasis on Ki.
The bear would utilize Wushu which would either Focus on hard-hitting attacks or rapid-fire Blows and if they really wanted to differentiate them further they can just focus primarily on the secondary typing
Hard-hitting? Possible Meteor Assault.
Rapid-fire? Look at how they animate Night Slash and Furry Cutter.

You both are actually supporting instead of countering this:
While this is true, all three of them provided different roles (And he technically had 2 Ground types in Sinnoh at the same time, since Gible and Gliscor were never on the same team).

Torterra - long ranged attacker
Gliscor - Aerial, physical attacker
Gible - Mixed attacker

Talonflame: Physical airborne attacker
Hawlucha: Phyiscal ground based attacker
Noivern: Special airborne attacker

I can't see Urshifu's and Sirfetch'd attacking style be different (They can make Lucario mixed

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
He's not a collector, but he surely has gathered a lot of Pokemon through the years. I wouldn't be surprised if the series ends up with Ash having captured 151 Pokemon, as reference to the original number. Besides, many of those Pokemon comes as references to characters that is very difficult they will appear in the future.
Most of us will be on death's door if not already six feet under by the time that happens.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Most of us will be on death's door if not already six feet under by the time that happens.

Don't be so sure. The games are already having trouble gathering so much creatures, moves, stats and information in the same game. Pokemon is reaching its limit about how many creatures can be collected in one game, breaking the motto "Gotta Catch'em all". So I wouldn't count Pokemon making more new games for much longer.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
While this is true, all three of them provided different roles (And he technically had 2 Ground types in Sinnoh at the same time, since Gible and Gliscor were never on the same team).

Torterra - long ranged attacker
Gliscor - Aerial, physical attacker
Gible - Mixed attacker

Talonflame: Physical airborne attacker
Hawlucha: Phyiscal ground based attacker
Noivern: Special airborne attacker

I can't see Urshifu's and Sirfetch'd attacking style be different (They can make Lucario mixed).

technically the only special move I remember Noivern getting was Boomburst (supersonic doesn't count)

Doesn't that means Sirfetch'd and Urshifu are both melee physical attacker?

Sword vs fist? Whatever... both are martial arts, both are melee and physical. Even Wushu can utilize sword and shield.

I'm having a hard time picturing Urishifu using Sirfetch'ds weapons especially when you consider how important they are to Sirfetch'd.
Hard-hitting? Possible Meteor Assault.
Rapid-fire? Look at how they animate Night Slash and Furry Cutter.

You both are actually supporting instead of countering this:

just because some of their techniques can be similar doesn't mean they will all be.

if people were willing to put up with the 3 grounds and flyers during sinnoh and kalos respectively, which are considered by most to be 2 of the best regions Ash has ever been through why should it matter if they did it again here with a different type?

I will agree though going beyond 3 is too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.