• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
I would like Ritchie to come back as i would want him interacting ash and see how far he has come as well and of course for old times sake one official battle also between them. As he was ash old rival would want him to come back as this series they can bring him back for pwc match or as part of project mew as well

Rune Knight

I'm relatively sure that Sparky is still gonna be a Pikachu. I do not see that changing.

Zippo is gonna finally be a Charizard. It was a Charmeleon in Chronicles, and even ignoring that, The Electric Tale of Pikachu's Charizard vs. Charizard battle is right there.

Cruise the Pupitar is probably a Tyranitar by now.

Rose the Taillow, probably a Swellow by now.

Happy the Butterfree might still be around to show off a Gigantamax Butterfree.

But beyond that? That depends on how much you want Ritchie to keep paralleling Ash vs. how much you want him to be his own character. I can see Ritchie with a Lucario like Ash. Maybe a Greninja too, though not a Battle Bond one (that would be overkill). My older sister thinks Ritchie having a Dragapult would be sick, and I agree.

See, this is why I like Ritchie so much. He's enough of an Ash clone that you kind of already know what you're getting, but just different enough from Ash that there's an equal amount of untapped potential to be unique.

Yeah so some of his Pokémon don't have to be direct mirrors of the ones that Ash owns. For example, his potential Tyranitar could be a nod to the Larvitar that Ash befriended back in Johto while his Butterfree could be considered as a nod to the one that Ash released.

Maybe, a final stage of a Pokémon that Ash never fully evolved like Gible. Or a counterpart to one of his Pokémon like Frosslas instead of Glalie.

nickdt

Yeah so some of his Pokémon don't have to be direct mirrors of the ones that Ash owns. For example, his potential Tyranitar could be a nod to the Larvitar that Ash befriended back in Johto while his Butterfree could be considered as a nod to the one that Ash released.

Maybe, a final stage of a Pokémon that Ash never fully evolved like Gible. Or a counterpart to one of his Pokémon like Frosslas instead of Glalie.

Or a Weavile as a counterpart to Ash's Gliscor.

Or maybe a Copperajah, since Ash has the other Elephant in Donphan.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I sure hope one of the Piplup ends up with Ash
That'd be ideal, Ash could finally have a full set of fully evolved starters!
If anyone else gets one it sure won't evolve. I really don't want Chloe getting stuck with it, if she got anything else it'd be a death sentence for the species as you aren't competing with Eevee, Yamper AND Piplup! I still hope she gets to bring back the tradition of a Pokegirl having a badass masculine Pokemon like Blaziken/Gyarados/Mamoswine/Dragonite

Okay, here's an idea for a Nightmare scene for a grown-up Pokémon episode where Ash turns 25-year old after he got stuck in 10-year old and He wakes up to realize that he is not 10-year old but an 25-year old Adult and now he is yelled at by some people his age for Journeying in Pokémon World.

It will never happen because Pokémon is known for younger audience.

All I want, as strange as it might sound, is for Ritchie to come back. I know. Ritchie. Such a minor, nothing character that people only remember as "that clone of Ash who only beat Ash because Charizard took a nap". But putting aside that I have a MASSIVE softspot for Ritchie, hear me out:

When Ritchie was last in the main series, he and Ash got tied up with Team Rocket and Lugia. Ash and Goh met at the start of Journeys (Pikachu episode aside) because of Lugia. Ritchie could show up in Vermillion City, chasing Lugia, and Ash and Goh could join him in chasing the giant silver ocean bird down to see Lugia again.

The last time we saw Ritchie in the side story episodes, he was on a solo journey that let him have a time travel adventure courtesy of Celebi and an adventure that let him see Moltres. I say just have him join either Project Mew or the PWC so that he can have an extra purpose to keep doing that, and so he can meet up with Ash and Goh sometimes.

And if nothing else, I think bringing Ritchie back would be a good way to show how far Ash's come. Ash isn't the same kid who got duped by Team Rocket and lost due to a disobedient Charizard anymore. Now, he's Champion of Alola with countless adventures under his belt, knocking on the door of a World Championship title. Have Ritchie return and battle Ash to prove that. Even if Ash lost to Ritchie again, it would prove that Ash lost because Ritchie simply a better Trainer, not because Ash is a bad Trainer.

That's all I really want out of Journeys. Nothing else. This is the one series where you can bring back an older, more obscure character without provocation and without it sticking out as awkward. Let my underrated forgotten boyo return.
YES I NEED RITCHIE

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

AxelJade

What about a Freaky Friday style body swapping episode where a Manaphy uses its Heart Swap ability to swap Ash and Goh?

Advertising for Sinnoh. A chance for some funny gags as Goh keeps adding to Ash's roster because it's Ash's body he's catching stuff in? A chance to maybe get fans who hate either Ash or Goh to see the merits in both of them (i.e, putting Goh in Ash's body can show what the merits to Goh's "I'll catch everything first and make friends later" approach is while also showing why Ash still works as protagonist after all this time). And it can exist as a nice callback to Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea on its own.

I have no expectation of actually seeing that happen. It's just an idea I've had kicking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.