• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I start to hate that Grookey. I never been so annoyed with a starter. I could bare Piplup, Oshawott, Chespin and Rowlet. I know it is a monkey pokemon, but can it do anything except causing trouble?
Gagmon starters have never been my favorite, but i really do really dislike grookey. There’s nothing positive about it in my eyes.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Mr. Mime was always Ash’s. Issue is that it was originally never fully confirmed if it was his, it was just assumed it was his mom’s.

I always thought it wasn't anyones Mr Mime. That it just decided to stick around and help by itself.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For the few I could make of the tweet, it doesn't say Drizzile is evolving, just pointing he'll play a role on it.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
D

Deleted member 384931

Drizzile focus episode?! It's about time!

It doesn't say anything about Drizzile evolving. It just says Drizzile notices something suspicious going on in the Lab

I'm doubtful of it evolving here. This doesn't sound like an evolution episode but I could be wrong
Never say never. I wouldnt be surprised anymore. Would be exactly 50 episodes since the debut of Sobble

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
That isn't even a real issue. The real issue is that they had to confirm it as his through a Tweet of all things rather than a simple 10 second flashback of a simple showing.
Thank you, that's what I've been saying. Like it or not, this was retconned/had extremely poor storytelling/however you wanna call it but could have easily been fixed with something as simple as that. Even if underwhelming, it would've been something. It's like hyping the original Mewtwo return in social media for weeks and doing absolutely nothing with that fact in the actual episode.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Thank you, that's what I've been saying. Like it or not, this was retconned/had extremely poor storytelling/however you wanna call it but could have easily been fixed with something as simple as that. Even if underwhelming, it would've been something. It's like hyping the original Mewtwo return in social media for weeks and doing absolutely nothing with that fact in the actual episode.
The way they handled continuity in the first year of this series really hurts it imo. They should have just went all out and made this a Battle Frontier 2.0 series instead of giving us hypebait episodes like the "Battle Frontier" and Ho-oh episodes.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
The way they handled continuity in the first year of this series really hurts it imo. They should have just went all out and made this a Battle Frontier 2.0 series instead of giving us hypebait episodes like the "Battle Frontier" and Ho-oh episodes.
They literally used Brock's Croagunk and Dawn's Piplup's VAs for the stupid race episode even though they aren't regulars in the show anymore, and different Pokémon always had different voices even if they're from the same species in the Japanese version. They could have used any of the regulars for that meaningless episode. Can anyone justify that? It's like the worst way to implement some kind continuity I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.