• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalFlame

Sunyshore gym leader!
E7tu3VdXEAAHdUo
It's fanmade, right?

D

Deleted member 384931

The way they handled continuity in the first year of this series really hurts it imo. They should have just went all out and made this a Battle Frontier 2.0 series instead of giving us hypebait episodes like the "Battle Frontier" and Ho-oh episodes.
I know right?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The only thing I like about Richie was Sparky. It had a cool nickname and that super cool tuffed hair really seals the deal.

Megapixel

in a hypothetical situation, how would they create a situation where ash ends up catching a ralts, or kirlia, or gardevoir without goh getting ahead of him?

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Drizzile focus episode?! It's about time!

It doesn't say anything about Drizzile evolving. It just says Drizzile notices something suspicious going on in the Lab

I'm doubtful of it evolving here. This doesn't sound like an evolution episode but I could be wrong

Apparently someone has stole all the data that Ash and Goh collected.

Is this was a good series this could be interesting, sine it means that someone took interest in what Ash and Goh had been doing, that means Project Mew being in jeopardy, a possibilty to track Suicune in order to catch Ho-oh, locartions of Zapdos and Moltres.

But this is Pokémon after all... So it will be solved in the same episode. Probably just the TRio.

wellwellwells

I think the filterer recently said there was a chance the OP would change in episode 77.
Please don’t take this as an attack, but I always have a mini stroke when trying to understand your posts using “filter” instead of “leak” LOL
Are you a fellow Spanish/Latinx? That would explain the filtración/filtro confusion as it is the same word ins Spanish but the one you want to use in English is “leak” and “leaker” and not “filter” and “filterer” (which I don’t think exists).

ShadowForce720

in a hypothetical situation, how would they create a situation where ash ends up catching a ralts, or kirlia, or gardevoir without goh getting ahead of him?
A similar way to Ash’s current 5 captures that he got in this series and a similar way to his previous captures in previous series.

Look all the Pokémon that Goh gets are Pokémon that they didn’t intend to give Ash this series regardless of whether Goh existed or not.

So if they intend to give Ash a member of the Ralts line then he get it regardless. As for specific captures scenarios for the Ralts line it could be that takes a liking to Ash.

AxelJade

Don't see the purpose or appeal of Ritchie returning

He's just Ash but even more Mary sue-ish. At least Ash has the excuse of being the Protagonist
While I disagree with you on Ritchie being more Mary Sue-ish than Ash (even though being a more mature Ash was the point), there's plenty of appeal to him coming back.

Last time he was in the main anime, it was in a storyline about Lugia and Team Rocket, so there's potential that bringing him back could lead to another small story arc. Even though he's a rival of Ash, he's shown himself to be more interested in traveling the world than actively battling, and ends up having experiences with Legendary Pokémon as a result of that, so sticking him in Project Mew is also logical.

And even if you don't buy either of those, bringing him back for at least one episode closer to Ash's battle with Leon so he can battle Ash and prove "see?! Ash isn't a loser who can't control his Pokémon anymore, and Ritchie wasn't just some bargain bin Ash who got lucky. They're both awesome!" would be some nice fan service for people who have been around since the beginning.

Master Pikachu 11

OK, about these pictures. I admit some of the Pokemon can be random, but it's obvious there has to be spoilers hidden too, as many of the Pokemon we see match with captures made by both, Ash and Goh. Some others also make reference to Koharu and other characters.

1º) Let's start with the tiny image:
+ Pikachu, Darkrai, Cresselia and Sirfetch'd: No need to analyze.
+ Sinnoh's Starters: Goh already captured the three starters from Galar, so maybe these will be distributed between Ash, Goh and Koharu. Ash will get the one he doesn't have, Piplup. Turtwig and Chimchar could be with Goh and Koharu. Since Grookey doesn't seem to have a fighting style, maybe Goh will get Turtwig.
+ Luxray and Shinx: Luxray can be a reference to Volkner, and personally, I would like Ash getting a Shinx. Not only because that Luxio he befriended back in Sinnoh, but also as a reference to one of his journey partners, Clemont.
+ Rolycoly, Carkol and Coalossal: I want to see this as a potential capture for Ash. Especially remembering the Coalossal he protected from the mad people during the Eternatus' arc.
+ Galar Ponyta: I wanted Ash to get this Pokemon too, but I guess it means Koharu will be the one to get it.

2º) About the bigger pictures, the first one is clearly a promo for the remakes of Sinnoh, with all the Pokemon from that Generation. Even so, it could have some clues, like maybe Goh's Misdreavus evolving to Mismagius. The second one, however, MIGHT have hidden spoilers of future events, considering many of them are between the ones that are already regular in the anime. I'm going to mention the ones that call my attention the most:

+ Kanto:
- Pidgeot: I hope this could mean the return of Ash's Pokemon.
- Butterfree: Yeah, yeah, I know, it can be Goh's, but since it doesn't have much role in general, can you blame me with dreaming about Ash's Butterfree returning?

+ Jonhto:
- Tyranitar: Definitely, Ash's Larvitar returning and evolved.
- Starters: I would like Ash's would return and evolve further, especially Totodile.
- Togepi: Ash found Togepi's egg originally, and Togetic can use Aura Sphere (Aura Power) just like Lucario. So, why not?

+ Hoenn:
- Torchic: I would like Ash to have a Blaziken too.
- Metagross: I don't know why, but I always this Pokemon as one potential capture for Ash.
- Corphish: Ash's could return? It would be a good time to make it evolve to Crawdaunt.

+ Sinnoh:
- Empoleon: The Sinnoh starter Ash is lacking. He has to catch one.
- Shinx: Another potential capture for Ash.
- Garchomp: it could mean Cynthia's return, but I would like Ash's Gible returning and evolving.
- Mime Jr: Someone (Ash, Goh or Koharu) could get one and evolve it into a Galarian Mr Mime and then into a Mr Rime.

+ Unova:
- Starters: I would appreciate the return of Ash's to make them evolve.
- Gigalith: MAYBE Ash and Goh will make their respective Boldores to evolve by trading.
- Zorua: Another good capture for Ash.

+ Kalos:
- Tyrunt: Ash definitely needs to capture one of these.
- Pancham: Another potencial capture for Ash, as reference to Serena.
- Litleo: Ash befriended one in the past, so it could return.
*Greninja: It doesn't appear here, but Ash's Pokemon definitely has to return.

+ Alola:
- Rowlet: I would want Ash's returning getting rid of the Everstone and finally evolving.
- Toucannon: I have doubts about this one for Ash. I don't know.
- Vikavolt, Turtonator, Alolan Vulpix: I know they can be references to the Pokemon of Ash's gang, but Ash could still have one of them for himself. Vikavolt and Alolan Vulpix the main ones.

+ Galar:
- Orbeetle: This is the only one I see fitting for Ash.
I don’t think that those first two posters have anything to do with the anime, but it doesn’t hurt to speculate what he might get next.
In regards to Shinx: I expect it to show up as a brief flashback to when Volkner’s Luxray was a Shinx. If and when they decide to break the second electric type curse, my prediction is that Ash could end up with either Toxtricity or Zeraora. I believe either would have a better chance then Luxray even though I wouldn’t mind Luxray.
Gagmon starters have never been my favorite, but i really do really dislike grookey. There’s nothing positive about it in my eyes.
I agree with that statement especially since I didn’t care for Oshawott’s gag and I wish it, Totodile and Rowlet would have evolved since I personally preferred their final evolve forms then staying as is.
Drizzile focus episode?! It's about time!

It doesn't say anything about Drizzile evolving. It just says Drizzile notices something suspicious going on in the Lab

I'm doubtful of it evolving here. This doesn't sound like an evolution episode but I could be wrong
Since the merchandise that contained Piplup, Luxray, Darkrai along with Inteleon pretty much confirmed future episodes. I think that it is safe to say that it will possibly evolve here just because the merchandise reflexes on it.
There's no way it evolves here. They're clearly setting up Sobble/Drizziles arc like Farfetchd, we had ep 1 in that arc, ep2 and now ep3. I believe we will get 2 more episode until it evolves. Goh's starter mons storyline so far has been my absolute favourite thing about Journeys so hope they don't drop the ball here and rush Inteleon

He's been right about everything. Even when they said the OP was changing, while it didn't change then the ending song did
She has been right about a lot of things except for Blaze form Infernape, I think that is the only thing that she has gotten wrong so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.