• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

People are really trying to convince hope like there wasn’t a poster with Charizard, Gardevoir, Garchomp, Metagross AND Haxorus in the poster and magically that confirms Steven and Diantha but not Iris.

Haxorus and Hydreigon merch being released . Like this could all be wrong but the fact people are acting like this is out of the realm of possibilities is giving delusion. The fact people are making every excuse in the book that Alder is somehow there but not Iris is wild.
Iris was already shown outside of the Masters 8. If she was going to end up in it anyways it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for Ash to have battled her so early. The fact that she’s in the opening means she’s returning again at some point but it’s likely just to help Ash prepare for the tournament.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Iris was already shown outside of the Masters 8. If she was going to end up in it anyways it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for Ash to have battled her so early. The fact that she’s in the opening means she’s returning again at some point but it’s likely just to help Ash prepare for the tournament.

So what does this mean? All jokes and sarcasm aside I’d like to know your opinion.

Do you think her ace being around Diantha’s, Steven’s, Rihan’s, Leon’s and Cynthia’s means something?

nuzamaki90

So what does this mean? All jokes and sarcasm aside I’d like to know your opinion.

Do you think her ace being around Diantha’s, Steven’s, Rihan’s, Leon’s and Cynthia’s means something?
It means as much as the random Rillaboom, Piplup, and absence of an Infernape and a red Gyarados. If we take it at face value we could say the Haxorus is Leon’s. The Gardevoir could be Tokio’s. It’s not like Journeys has been allergic to reusing Pokémon for different characters.

In reality these merch posters aren’t always reliable to speculate off of. However like I already ssid, Iris is in the opening so she is almost certain to return but in any PWC capacity I seriously doubt.

Sham

The Guardian of War
It means as much as the random Rillaboom, Piplup, and absence of an Infernape and a red Gyarados. If we take it at face value we could say the Haxorus is Leon’s. The Gardevoir could be Tokio’s. It’s not like Journeys has been allergic to reusing Pokémon for different characters.

In reality these merch posters aren’t always reliable to speculate off of. However like I already ssid, Iris is in the opening so she is almost certain to return but in any PWC capacity I seriously doubt.
Rillaboom could be Hop’s, Goh’s or Leon’s. Piplup is obviously Dawn’s and if Haxorus is Leon’s then why couldn’t Rillaboom be? Since when has any other Champion’s Pokémon be promoted that’s another’s ace? Why not promote Aegislash? Dragapult?

So are you saying because Infernape and Gyarados aren’t there that Steven and Diantha are not returning and those are just random choices? Who does Metagross belong to? Duraludon?

Why are the 108 and 109 threads locked?

nuzamaki90

Rillaboom could be Hop’s, Goh’s or Leon’s. Piplup is obviously Dawn’s and if Haxorus is Leon’s then why couldn’t Rillaboom be? Since when has any other Champion’s Pokémon be promoted that’s another’s ace? Why not promote Aegislash? Dragapult?

So are you saying because Infernape and Gyarados aren’t there that Steven and Diantha are not returning and those are just random choices? Who does Metagross belong to? Duraludon?
No I’m not saying that at all, you’re creating entirely new sentences that I never said or implied. If the poster is meant to depict the Master Class why on earth is Piplup there? If your answer is because Dawn is returning, then why would you not think the same for Iris? If we consider that the Haxorus is Iris’s, then we can correlate that it being amongst the other Champion ace’s because she’s a Champion herself, not because she somehow made it into the Masters Eight.

Now that I answered your question, please answer mine; why on earth would Iris be in the Masters Eight if she was already shown outside of it in the Super Class?

Oh and I forgot to add, Gardevoir has been promoted in JN merch for a while now, and we finally saw it in the opening and the Articuno episode that it belonged to Tokio. Even though I’m positive Diantha is also in the Masters Eight, I’m just addressing your point to say Champion’s Pokémon have in fact been promoted with other trainers.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
No I’m not saying that at all, you’re creating entirely new sentences that I never said or implied. If the poster is meant to depict the Master Class why on earth is Piplup there? If your answer is because Dawn is returning, then why would you not think the same for Iris? If we consider that the Haxorus is Iris’s, then we can correlate that it being amongst the other Champion ace’s because she’s a Champion herself, not because she somehow made it into the Masters Eight.

Now that I answered your question, please answer mine; why on earth would Iris be in the Masters Eight if she was already shown outside of it in the Super Class?
Obviously isn’t on the same side as the other Champions ace. Piplup is in the middle with Pikachu with Eevee and you didn’t answer everything I asked. Who does Metagross and Duraludon belong to? Add Garchomp on that list.

Again if you’re saying her Haxorus isn’t next to the Champion’s ace then you’d be implying that Diantha’s ace and Steven’s ace are there for no reason. You can’t somehow think that Steven and Diantha are implied when they’re literally on the same exact poster. I’m basing this on the “then we can correlate…” part. Also why are all of the other Champion’s ace on the poster released after Ash got in M8, what sense does that make?

She would be there because it’s not impossible that she would move up in ranks. Did Ash not do that? And that episode was to establish that she became champion unless you all would be even more upset when she randomly popped up in the M8. And to be blunt… because the writers want her to be there. Just like despite you guys being upset about her becoming Champion….the writers wanted it.

Do you remember us having a similar debate about this about how there was no way a person was becoming Champion because the writers would never do that and I said that a certain dress was enough proof of it and well…. you know.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Obviously isn’t on the same side as the other Champions ace. Piplup is in the middle with Pikachu with Eevee and you didn’t answer everything I asked. Who does Metagross and Duraludon belong to? Add Garchomp on that list.

Again if you’re saying her Haxorus isn’t next to the Champion’s ace then you’d be implying that Diantha’s ace and Steven’s ace are there for no reason. You can’t somehow think that Steven and Diantha are implied when they’re literally on the same exact poster. I’m basing this on the “then we can correlate…” part. Also why are all of the other Champion’s ace on the poster released after Ash got in M8, what sense does that make?

She would there because it’s not impossible that should would move up in ranks. Did Ash not do that? And that episode was to establish that she became champion unless you all would be even more upset when she randomly popped up in the M8. And to be blunt… because the writers want her to be there. Just like despite you guys being upset about her becoming Champion….the writers wanted it.
Even if they aren’t on the same side, Piplup being there shows that the Pokémon on the poster can mean more than just being Pokémon related to the main cast and the Master Class. Iris is likely returning and Haxorus may be there to represent that, and again it’s with the other Champions’ aces because Iris is a Champion herself. And I did answer your question, Champion’s Pokemon have been promoted in merch outside of the Champion appearing i.e Tokio and Gardevoir.

As I’ve already said, merchandise posters are not reliable material to use for speculation and I already gave you my opinion on it when you asked for it. You keep saying “you think Diantha and Steven are implied” when I never said that, in fact I said the Gardevoir could belong to Tokio lol.

Finally, it’s possible that she could scale up ranks, but since no other opponent Ash has already beaten done that, I doubt she will be the outlier. Your generalizations are killing me too, because if you took a couple seconds to look at the Iris’ episodes’ thread, you’d see that I was very positive about her being Champion and I adamantly defended the writing decision. To be blunt, I don’t see a purpose of Iris showing up again in the Masters Eight, her PWC career is done just like every other trainer Ash defeated.

Edit: and no I don’t. However I do remember saying I loved Iris in her episode, I loved that so much attention was on her, I loved that I used to hate her vehemently and now I want her to come back, I loved how far along Dragonite and Haxorus have come, I loved how I actually thought she was going to win at first, I loved how much she developed, and I loved that she was now the Unova Champion, lol

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Even if they aren’t on the same side, Piplup being there shows that the Pokémon on the poster can mean more than just being Pokémon related to the main cast and the Master Class.
And that's true but not others think in a linear way. It's possible that the poster is promoting people in the Masters and promoting upcoming episodes and character returns.

Iris is likely returning and Haxorus may be there to represent that, and again it’s with the other Champions’ aces because Iris is a Champion herself.
Okay.

Champion’s Pokemon have been promoted in merch outside of the Champion appearing i.e Tokio and Gardevoir.
That's a single example out of how many Champions? You also said that Haxorus could of been Leon's but questioned why Rillaboom was there.

Finally, it’s possible that she could scale up ranks, but since no other opponent Ash has already beaten done that, I doubt she will be the outlier.
Well considering she's not another "character" because she was apart of the main cast and is a Champion she's not on the same level as Marnie or Volkner.

To be blunt, I don’t see a purpose of Iris showing up again in the Masters Eight, her PWC career is done just like every other trainer Ash defeated.
Welp just gonna have to wait and find out right? She did promise Ash did she would increase her ranks unless you believe that was just thrown in there because. Like I said it doesn't have to make sense to you. It's not impossible that she got in there and your "it's a pattern!" thing doesn't work. How many times has that worked out for you?

And again it’s with the other Champions’ aces because Iris is a Champion herself.

Champion’s Pokemon have been promoted in merch outside of the Champion appearing i.e Tokio and Gardevoir.

So which is it? Do you think it's other people's Pokemon or the Champion's?

but it’s likely just to help Ash prepare for the tournament.
She's there to prepare him, Paul is supposedly there to prepare him and Greninja is there to prepare him, how much prep does a person with an unlimited winning streak need?

Also let it be known that I'm not saying it's official she's in there but people dismissing it completely even as far as to say that Alder is there is crazy

I also could been mistaken and mistake you as another person.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

And that's true but not others think in a linear way. It's possible that the poster is promoting people in the Masters and promoting upcoming episodes and character returns.

Okay.

That's a single example out of how many Champions? You also said that Haxorus could of been Leon's but questioned why Rillaboom was there.

Well considering she's not another "character" because she was apart of the main cast and is a Champion she's not on the same level as Marnie or Volkner.

Welp just gonna have to wait and find out right? She did promise Ash did she would increase her ranks unless you believe that was just thrown in there because. Like I said it doesn't have to make sense to you. It's not impossible that she got in there and your "it's a pattern!" thing doesn't work. How many times has that worked out for you?

So which is it? Do you think it's other people's Pokemon or the Champion's?

She's there to prepare him, Paul is supposedly there to prepare him and Greninja is there to prepare him, how much prep does a person with an unlimited winning streak need?

Also let it be known that I'm not saying it's official she's in there but people dismissing it completely even as far as to say that Alder is there is crazy

I also could been mistaken and mistake you as another person.
We’re definitely going to have to agree to disagree here because it seems like your loyalty to Iris is clouding your judgement. While I’m not going to address every point to stretch this page even farther that we already have, I will say I completely forgot Leon can have the other starter evolutions, as I battled him in SWSH with his Inteleon and the Gotcha video showed him with Inteleon so I just assumed he had strictly an Inteleon on his team. Also, Iris isn’t the only one who said she’d scale up the ranks to not be outdone by Ash; Korrina, Bea, and even some of the COTDs have said the same thing.

And finally, Ash has trained during and leading up to Pokemon Leagues before, especially in Johto and Sinnoh where he trained with all his reserves while the League took place. This is a tournament to decide the strongest trainer in the world, of course Ash would need as much training and with as many strong trainers as he can.

Who really knows who exactly will be in the final Masters Eight roster, I’m just giving my opinion. Iris just doesn’t seem likely at all. Hell I don’t even think Flint will be in the final lineup lmao

Sham

The Guardian of War
We’re definitely going to have to agree to disagree here because it seems like your loyalty to Iris is clouding your judgement. While I’m not going to address every point to stretch this page even farther that we already have, I will say I completely forgot Leon can have the other starter evolutions, as I battled him in SWSH with his Inteleon and the Gotcha video showed him with Inteleon so I just assumed he had strictly an Inteleon on his team. Also, Iris isn’t the only one who said she’d scale up the ranks to not be outdone by Ash; Korrina, Bea, and even some of the COTDs have said the same thing.

And finally, Ash has trained during and leading up to Pokemon Leagues before, especially in Johto and Sinnoh where he trained with all his reserves while the League took place. This is a tournament to decide the strongest trainer in the world, of course Ash would need as much training and with as many strong trainers as he can.

Who really knows who exactly will be in the final Masters Eight roster, I’m just giving my opinion. Iris just doesn’t seem likely at all. Hell I don’t even think Flint will be in the final lineup lmao
Most people always play the “you’re a fan of X and that’s why you’re judgment is off” but it’s simply virtue signaling. I never said she’s for sure in there. What I said was that it’s ridiculous to think Alder would be there before her, that it’s interesting that her ace is with other Champion’s aces, that Haxorus being Leon’s is ridiculous and finally that it’s not an impossible thing. So don’t go planting those seeds. It’s no different than you thinking Diantha is there.

And I don’t have “loyalty”. Iris is not deity or even a human.

Considering Ash needed no training to face Wallace or Iris he’s probably good.

All of those are facts so don’t go pulling the cheap card of “well dur uR JuTz a Fan” because that does nothing to negate my points.

nuzamaki90

Most people always play the “you’re a fan of X and that’s why you’re judgment is off” but it’s simply virtue signaling. I never said she’s for sure in there. What I said was that it’s ridiculous to think Alder would be there before her, that it’s interesting that her ace is with other Champion’s aces, that Haxorus being Leon’s is ridiculous and finally that it’s not an impossible thing. So don’t go planting those seeds. It’s no different than you thinking Diantha is there.

And I don’t have “loyalty”. Iris is not deity or even a human.

Considering Ash needed no training to face Wallace or Iris he’s probably good.

All of those are facts so don’t go pulling the cheap card of “well dur uR JuTz a Fan” because that does nothing to negate my points.
Yeah and I’m clarifying it as not to be taken as a insult, it’s a observation that you’re a fan of her so you’re more inclined to be passionate about her being in the Masters Eight than I am, so there’s no use in going back and forth when neither of us are going to let up on our stance. I never said anything about Diantha but you keep saying I did. I don’t know why you keep making it seem like I’m attacking you or Iris.

If it helps, I think anyone who thinks Alder is in over Iris when she’s already taken his place is delusional. If Steven is officially > Wallace, than the same can be considered for Iris > Alder.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I don't think Iris, Diantha, or Steven are necessarily automatically in, but I certainly have to wonder who could be at this point. Like they might as well just tell us soon, hopefully in Raihan's episode, so we can stop speculating. The only names that feel set in stone are Leon, Ash, Cynthia, and Lance, so who knows who'll be the other four.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Anyone in this chart who's below Ash (which is pretty much everyone not in M8) and/or has a downward facing arrow, is automatically out of contention of getting into the M8 under normal circumstances, regardless of someone's opinion on it.

066afa66010a3e260efc9718ba3e385a.png

Like I mentioned in another thread, the only way they can make it into M8 before Ash despite him being ahead, is if the writers ignore their own worldbuilding and PWC rules/setting.

Decidueye23

Anyone in this chart who's below Ash (which is pretty much everyone not in M8) and/or has a downward facing arrow, is automatically out of contention of getting into the M8 under normal circumstances, regardless of someone's opinion on it.

066afa66010a3e260efc9718ba3e385a.png

Like I mentioned in another thread, the only way they can make it into M8 before Ash despite him being ahead, is if the writers ignore their own worldbuilding and PWC rules/setting.
We dont really know of any further battles have taken place to replace someone in the master class or any rank ups and downs within masterclass. I expect them to reveal the master class after his battle with raihan.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
We dont really know of any further battles have taken place to replace someone in the master class or any rank ups and downs within masterclass. I expect them to reveal the master class after his battle with raihan.
True, but here's the thing. At the least, the Hyper Class trainers + Iris are realistically 2 wins behind Ash to make it into M8. The Raihan battle is supposedly the final enrollment match, which effectively kills their chances as the Hyper Class matches are fixed schedule based so actively seeking out battles on the street like in the previous tiers won't help.

Everyone below the above are automatically out of the contention because they're not major enough of a presence. Every high-E4/Champion tier trainer not on that chart like Paul, Diantha, Alder, Steven, Brandon etc. still have a chance of being in the final 8.

Last edited:
the Hyper Class trainers + Iris are realistically 2 wins behind Ash to make it into M8.
Dude, considering Ash upgrade like the hell when he defeated Iris, it's possible that she would have been rank 102~103, won a battle and up to rank 100

You could argue that her first opponent was someone ranked 12, then someone ranked 11 , and finally someone ranked 10 or something. Done, rank 9

Status
Not open for further replies.