• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
No matter what anyone says, Iris’ progression does somewhat make sense. It’s not like she wasn’t skilled enough to make it up to champion level, especially with a Dragonite, Haxorus, Excadrill and by the looks of it, Goodra on her side. She wasn’t exactly slacking in terms of strength within her team..

People just love to complain about something that was included as a bit of fun, as a nod to her in-game counterpart.. it’s sad really, I love the fact that she’s progressed the way she has, it shows that she’s truly connected with her Pokémon and wasn’t that always her goal? To be truly connected with the hearts of dragons?

Illusio

No words, only rage
I think the point I was trying to convey was they didn’t HAVE TO make Iris the Champion knowing very well the anime would have to follow up with that. I wouldn’t even be surprised if her anime incarnation played a part in that.

Cheren also could of been a good contender with some of the maturity he gained that was used towards him becoming a GL. That being said the anime making it clear she didn’t want to be a Gym Leader was setting this up. Why people are acting shocked that she’s possibly amongst the strongest trainersq in the pokeverse is odd.

Did they? The anime didn't follow up on it for eight years, I don't think it was a big deal to them.

And Cheren's whole thing is finding a different goal that wasn't the Champion, why would he be the Champion after that?

ShinyCharyZard

It's funny that we dont even know the Iris thing is true. Alain at least come from the actual anime leaker.
The leaker included Iris in amongst their Masters 8 images, so she’s as likely as Alain at this point. Especially since both ZardX and Haxorus are also in that toy set..

Sham

The Guardian of War
Also it’s not her fault that the writings were on the wall that this would hapenned. People just wanted to ignore it because of vitriol and hate. She was returning as Champion and Alder was a fool in the anime.

She was already Gym Leader tier by the end of the series

Was praised by the Elder and Drayden. Drayden wanted to make her a Gym Leader by pure talent since unlike the games they didn’t really know each other.

Said no to becoming a Gym Leader (implying something better would happen)

Was a childhood prodigy before she could even become a trainer

Defeated Ash relatively early and was the first girl to do it (Ash only lost to Misty because he forgot something about her Pokémon)

Etc

@Illusio And yes. She basically told Drayden she would think about it and by the time DA happened she just brushed it off when Cilan mentioned it. Pretty sure Cheren still wanted it. Perhaps in the sequels they changed it but that was Bianca who wanted a goal.

It's funny that we dont even know the Iris thing is true. Alain at least come from the actual anime leaker.

Haxorus and Hydreigon merch both in game mons

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
The leaker included Iris in amongst their Masters 8 images, so she’s as likely as Alain at this point. Especially since both ZardX and Haxorus are also in that toy set..
Different leakers. The Iris leak is from Khu who is known for game leaks but has never leaked anime info while the Alain leak comes from the more well known anime leaker.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Different leakers. The Iris leak is from Khu who is known for game leaks but has never leaked anime info while the Alain leak comes from the more well known anime leaker.
You’re also forgetting the part where he’s apparently never been wrong about his games leaks regarding Pokémon.

ShinyCharyZard

Apologies, I was unaware that there were multiple leaks, I’ve been working off the images and the toy release.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
You’re also forgetting the part where he’s apparently never been wrong about his games leaks regarding Pokémon.
The point is about anime leaks here. His game leaks track record doesn't automatically mean his anime leak has to be right. And even his game leaks come from another source, so who knows which source he's getting his anime leak from. Though on the flip side, everyone says he's an insufferable moron so he probably wouldn't leak without knowing his source was right.

Sham

The Guardian of War
The point is about anime leaks here. His game leaks track record doesn't automatically mean his anime leak has to be right. And even his game leaks come from another source, so who knows which source he's getting his anime leak from. Though on the flip side, everyone says he's an insufferable moron so he probably wouldn't leak without knowing his source was right.
Hasn’t the Chinese leaker… been wrong about the anime as well?

I thought that he was the one that mentioned that LA was going to get a DLC
About an announcement in April which was well SV. Don’t quote me on that though but I don’t think it was directly said.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I don't think the leaker said that? Some people on Twitter say stuff and people think it actually cames from the leaker for some reason
So then how do you know if everything is reliable if you don’t know if the “bad” leaks are from the leaker or not? How do you know their track record is the best? Because from I’ve gotten they’ve been wrong before.

Jibanyan

So then how do you know if everything is reliable if you don’t know if the “bad” leaks are from the leaker or not? How do you their track record is the best? Because from I’ve gotten they’ve been wrong before.
What they got wrong before?

Sham

The Guardian of War
What they got wrong before?
Specific examples? Honestly I couldn’t tell you because I don’t really pay attention to leaks but I do remeber times when people have said they were incorrect which is why I asked you. It wasn’t an attack.

How do you know that the times they’ve been incorrect was Twitter fodder and mistranslations? Because that seems very convenient.

Jibanyan

Specific examples? Honestly I couldn’t tell you because I don’t really pay attention to leaks but I do remeber times when people have said they were incorrect which is why I asked you. It wasn’t an attack.

How do you know that the times they’ve been incorrect was Twitter fodder and mistranslations? Because that seems very convenient.
I'm not sure if you still can see their OG posts but lots of stuff people claim the leaker said is stuff she never said. Anyways, I don't know why this leaker being wrong means the other leak is right. Khu was not the OG of that pic btw, he took it from another person (who is not the anime leaker) just like he takes other leaks from actual leakers/dataminers.

Master Pikachu 11

I don't think the leaker said that? Some people on Twitter say stuff and people think it actually cames from the leaker for some reason
Well if the leaker I believe you are talking about is the same one that is friends with @Kuzehiko, who I remember mentioning in the spoiler posts of this forum that Infernape would go into blaze form and that it came from the leaker herself. So if it is this one then she has been wrong before.

Status
Not open for further replies.