• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

World Turtle

Let's see looking back there does seem to be a plan of sorts regarding Ash's progress from OS to SM.

Top 16, Top, 8, Top 8, Top 4, Top 8, Top 2, Winner.

Now we've gone from regionals to the nationals with the PWC.

If Ash wins here he's become the number 1 trainer in the world. There is nothing higher then this. So it does beg the question what his next challenge will be.

Another question is will they keep the world tour format and remain "Pokemon 2019" and just place "Spain" in the regional rotation or will we see a jump to a completely new series, with a new set up, new companions, etc.

ShadowForce720

Let's see looking back there does seem to be a plan of sorts regarding Ash's progress from OS to SM.

Top 16, Top, 8, Top 8, Top 4, Top 8, Top 2, Winner.

Now we've gone from regionals to the nationals with the PWC.

If Ash wins here he's become the number 1 trainer in the world. There is nothing higher then this. So it does beg the question what his next challenge will be.

Another question is will they keep the world tour format and remain "Pokemon 2019" and just place "Spain" in the regional rotation or will we see a jump to a completely new series, with a new set up, new companions, etc.
Well have more clear cut answers and an ideas as to what is happening in September or October because that will probably be when we will start to be getting information on what the anime is doing for gen 9.

DuskAstral

unknown.png

Ash's Dad is Silver from Pokémon Chronicles? Does he even have the same hair color as Ash Ketchum?
Different hair colors do not rule out kinship, so Silver may still be Satoshi's father (although this is unconfirmed).
Besides, not only knowing Satoshi would indicate their relationship. Admittedly, it may be a coincidence, but "Similar to Ash, Silver saw a Legendary Fire / Flying Pokémon when he was young, owns a starter Pokémon that rides on his shoulder, and has a draconic Pokémon that serves as a strong battler."
About this, i tweeted recently about this "theory".

I have heard of this theory, but it is not true. Satoshi had met Sakaki once, and the leader of the TR did not even know him.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I have heard of this theory, but it is not true. Satoshi had met Sakaki once, and the leader of the TR did not even know him.
They each other didn't get chance talk about family, Ash might not remember him and Giovanni same.
Even if someone leave home for longest journey dad might not remember someone who this person wear with cap and another clothes.

I just write once about my bio there - i don't remember my dad's appearance even if i have his picture. I saw him last time in 2003.

Ali.Frenstein

New titles for upcoming episodes (PJ109-112) were revealed already 21 hours ago on YouTube and they also appear on pokemon wiki website with their summaries - so they're 100% confirmed. Project mew ep, alola ep with lilie's return, ultra class final battle against raihan (pikachu is battling as was seen in the preview) and paul ep with dragonite battling garchomp.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
New titles for upcoming episodes (PJ109-112) were revealed already 21 hours ago on YouTube and they also appear on pokemon wiki website with their summaries - so they're 100% confirmed. Project mew ep, alola ep with lilie's return, ultra class final battle against raihan (pikachu is battling as was seen in the preview) and paul ep with dragonite battling garchomp.
Well those are not exactly credible sources, and I don't think that Raihan would be Ash's entry point into the MC unless we see him lose to Flint in an upcoming episode (which would make them showing Flint ranking down to 8 completely pointless).

Ali.Frenstein

Well those are not exactly credible sources, and I don't think that Raihan would be Ash's entry point into the MC unless we see him lose to Flint in an upcoming episode (which would make them showing Flint ranking down to 8 completely pointless).

Hopefully we'll get the confirmed titles by Friday. It's the middle of the month already so it shouldn't take much longer till we have at least 1-2 of them.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I hope its false, why do we need to see the sm toddlers again
"We"? Why do we need hearing about your hates SM characters?

I like you, and I like the XY series too, Serena, Greninia, Bonnie whatever. But please shut up anything related to S&M, because you will waste your time on them like a mediocrity. This is what I hate that you make public every time everyone you hate anything about S&M series. Please respect the S&M fans here and shut up about this.

You can write anything about XY or other series, but please do not write anything about S&M because you look like an retard more than trying to talk to others to forcing us why should we not like this series too.
And where is Hatterene
That should be fine your comment without dumb text anything about S&M.
As for the Hatterene, I hope this pokemon comes soon, preferably before the Master Class battles.
Hatterene, Weezing and Morgrem are only fairy type mons from Galar didn't still debuted in this anime.

Last edited:

nickdt

Its most likely false. All that build-up with Raihan and Ash being rivals of eachother to beat Leon and then the battle is in Ultra Class instead of Master Class. I call bogus and fake.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Its most likely false. All that build-up with Raihan and Ash being rivals of eachother to beat Leon and then the battle is in Ultra Class instead of Master Class. I call bogus and fake.
The first shot of the special preview trailer is Ash and Lucario running up to Hammerlocke. I could see Ash having his final Hyper Class battle against Raihan with a spot in the M8 as the stakes. Raihan is the final gym battle before you get to the Pokemon League tournament in Sword and Shield.

The only thing I'm still not sure of would be a battle between #9 and #8 since those are two different classes. But we will find out soon.