• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

kickachu

Momentai!
From the opening, apparently the finale will be some epic clash of Charizard attack and G-Max Aura Sphere
Hope we get something in the same level of GUARDIAN OF ALOLA
Hopefully some hype ending too
But if Lucario faces Charizard it'll be at a disadvantage and doesn't know stone edge

Master Pikachu 11

From the opening, apparently the finale will be some epic clash of Charizard attack and G-Max Aura Sphere
Hope we get something in the same level of GUARDIAN OF ALOLA
Hopefully some hype ending too
That part of OP 4 has been there since they started using that OP and has not changed. You guys are just now recognizing it? Regardless, I still expect Pikachu to end up being Ash’s final Pokémon against Leon when it is all said and done.

Decidueye23

Its definetly going to be pikachu, When was the last time it battled? Vs Bea i think. Even the M8 poster has all the trainers with their aces and pikachu is ashes undoubtedly. so its 100% going to be Pikachu that delivers the final blow to leon.

UnovaMaster

I think we got a Mewtwo reintroduction for a reason, it's going to show up to defend Mew from Amaranth

Finally having Mew's back, what a good brother

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

Currently watching the Pokémon anime
Getting back alain and not having gekkouga battlw him again would be one of the biggest fails in anime history
Agreed.
Too bad no one will remember it anyways because it’s going to be overshadowed by Ash vs Leon

Decidueye23

Is it weird actually thinking Alain deserves to be there based on him having the best track record outside of Champions in terms of strength? And not really focusing on him being there as a jobber for Ash kinda?
No doubt alain deserves to be there. But the fact that they specifically brought him back, while also bribging back greninja and showibg flashbacks to their battle, and knowing the upset that the kalos league battle caused, it would be weirdly foolish to not expect closure for that battle. Since he is literally the only rival ash hasnt defeated.

Sham

Go, my Steady!
No doubt alain deserves to be there. But the fact that they specifically brought him back, while also bribging back greninja and showibg flashbacks to their battle, and knowing the upset that the kalos league battle caused, it would be weirdly foolish to not expect closure for that battle. Since he is literally the only rival ash hasnt defeated.
Gotcha

Master Pikachu 11

Logically speaking it would be better if Ash used Pikachu because he has a type advantage against Charizard and Lucario is weak towards his type. However this is Ash we’re talking about
As I said he is using Lucario because mega evolving it gives him a better chance of getting Leon’s Charizard to go back to it’s normal size after it G Maxes and one of the reasons that Ash lost was that he can’t beat Leon in a G Max vs G Max battle because Pikachu depends on its speed so trying to get Leon’s Charizard to go back to normal and waste his G Max form will allow Pikachu to have more of a chance. Also Lucario’s Aura sphere is a good counter to stopping Charizard’s G Max move since that move has been one of the reasons Leon has won the battles that we have seen him win.

Sham

Go, my Steady!
As I said he is using Lucario because mega evolving it gives him a better chance of getting Leon’s Charizard to go back to it’s normal size after it G Maxes and one of the reasons that Ash lost was that he can’t beat Leon in a G Max vs G Max battle because Pikachu depends on its speed so trying to get Leon’s Charizard to go back to normal and waste his G Max form will allow Pikachu to have more of a chance
I literally didn’t say who he would use and how, I was pointing out type advantages. Idk about the rest of you but I won’t know anything about this battle as a certain until it airs

BlueDragonfangirl

Frustrating parts in all of this

- I’d love it if Ash could bring Charizard into this since we’ve got a bunch in this party, why not bring back the original to play? :(

- Why can’t Ash talk about Mew from movie 8?

- I hope we get an official promo for masters 8 after project Mew is done.

AARTX

WAKU WAKU
Frustrating parts in all of this

- I’d love it if Ash could bring Charizard into this since we’ve got a bunch in this party, why not bring back the original to play? :(

- Why can’t Ash talk about Mew from movie 8?

- I hope we get an official promo for masters 8 after project Mew is done.
Because this is PM2019