• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Master Pikachu 11

Yep agreed. Also showing he’s “worthy taking on Leon” by beating Cynthia doesn’t make any sense. If Iris defeats Cynthia then she’s just as a strong if not stronger than Cynthia.

The narrative pays off, so it’s not this “well narrative it makes sense!”, you just want him fighting Cynthia and that’s breezy but it effects the plot in no way.

The whole “if they wanted” or “well this makes sense” has not been working. Your logic does not dictate the show. If they intend on letting them keep their promise of battling then it will happen
It’s not matter of me wanting him to battle Cynthia, it’s a matter of knowing that it has the strongest chance of happening since there have been plenty of hints of Ash battling Cynthia since she is the only other champion besides Leon that has appeared in multiple episodes, who’s team has been showcased in episodes that she has appeared in and pretty much was teased in the Volkner episode. I expect Iris to give her a run for her money but I expect Cynthia to pull off the win. So we shall see if Journeys continues to be unpredictable because I knew that he was going to probably take on Steven first since the first special preview.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
It’s not matter of me wanting him to battle Cynthia, it’s a matter of knowing that it has the strongest chance of happening since there have been plenty of hints of Ash battling Cynthia since she is the only other champion besides Leon that has appeared in multiple episodes, who’s team has been showcased in episodes that she has appeared in and pretty much was teased in the Volkner episode. I expect Iris to give her a run for her money but I expect Cynthia to pull off the win. So we shall see if Journeys continues to be unpredictable because I knew that he was going to probably take on Steven first since the first special preview.
Welp people doubted she was even in this thing (including you) so it’s ambiguous. There have been plenty of hints that they’d also as well battle here. If you think that’s the “strongest case” then that’s fine but it’s not set in stone by a long shot at all.

The fact that Cynthia theorthically should have a “jobber” and she’s still taking her on gimickless and everything while Cynthia MUST use hers is a testament of her strength. There is a reason why all of the other previewed battled should the Champions just attacking but hers made it seem like she was in the lead. If Cynthia is struggling against the “weakest Champion” she deserves being beat

That’s also the issue with you people, you take small “hints” then delude yourself and think that your theory must be correct… then get mad at the writers then it doesn’t happen.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

Welp people doubted she was even in this thing (including you) so it’s ambiguous. There have been plenty of hints that they’d also as well battle here. If you think that’s the “strongest case” then that’s fine but it’s not set in stone by a long shot at all.

The fact that Cynthia theorthically should have a “jobber” and she’s still taking her on gimickless and everything while Cynthia MUST use hers is a testament of her strength. There is a reason why all of the other previewed battled should the Champions just attacking but hers made it seem like she was in the lead. If Cynthia is struggling against the “weakest Champion” she deserves being beat

That’s also the issue with you people, you take small “hints” then delude yourself and think that your theory must be correct… then get mad at the writers then it doesn’t happen.
We shall see what happens

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
So with the updates past characters got what spoilers you think iris Steven and cythnia will get as in updates
Iris - Another dragon (I don't care which)
Steven - Besides cradily (kinda underrated 'mon, nice choice), maybe carbink or purrserker
Cynthia - Can use a z-move with kommo-o + eelektross

What strategy will ash come up with in his battle with diantha
In universe? Take his seat and watch Lance waste her.

Ash Vs Steven looks the only interesting battle for Ash here, since they barely interacted.

If anything, I'm curious to how will be when Ash battle Leon, if only I because I want to see all the defeated champions trying to tip Ash about how he should fight, just for him say he'll "boom zap bang" or something.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Steel Beam was replaced, most probably. He’s not forgetting aura sphere and double team, reversal is that dramatic “do or die” attack.

It’s strange, because I don’t remember steel beam as something very used aside against machamp.

I’m away from the games for a long time, did bullet punch become a learnable move or is it just the anime bending rules again?

togenaught18

Steel Beam was replaced, most probably. He’s not forgetting aura sphere and double team, reversal is that dramatic “do or die” attack.

It’s strange, because I don’t remember steel beam as something very used aside against machamp.

I’m away from the games for a long time, did bullet punch become a learnable move or is it just the anime bending rules again?
I would say reversal imo, Steel beam its still relative new.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Bullet Punch is an Egg Move for Riolu but that wouldn't be the first time a Pokémon has learned a Tutor/Egg Move in the middle of battle. From the top of my head, Torracat learned Revenge which is an Egg Move.

BlazingAsh

Most fans now expect Diantha to win against Lance lol
Mega Gardevoir might beat his Dragonite but stands no chance against Lance's Dynamax Gyarados. Even Leon's Charizard was struggling against it.

Red and Blue

Mega Gardevoir might beat his Dragonite but stands no chance against Lance's Dynamax Gyarados. Even Leon's Charizard was struggling against it.
Gardevoir can learn some Electric moves such as Thunderbolt. And even if it goes down Diantha still has one more Pokemon up her sleeve

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I’d kind of live if they gave Iris a Salamence based on her Challenge Mode team. Emolga would be nice, but I’d like to see her with another “intimidating” Dragon (so not Goodra or Altaria)

I'm expecting they'll have her use a new Dragon capture and I think it's either going to be Salamence or Druddigon.

Megapixel

The same Leon's Charizard who was also able to maintain a fight with Raihan's duraludon, which in turn was defeated by ash?, diatha has the same chance of winning as Lance.

Status
Not open for further replies.