• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Ignition

World’s biggest Incineroar stan
Now that all of gen 8 seems to be pretty much done, If y'all could make ash's team a gen 8 exclusive for JN what would it be? ( provided Goh didnt ened up with all 3 starters)

My picks:
Pikachu
Cinderace
Toxtricity
Urshifu - rapid style
Zarude
H-Arcanine
Pikachu
Cinderace/Inteleon/Rillaboom (any combination of these 3)
Sirfetch’d
Dracovish/Centiskorch/Flapple (depending on what starters he would get)
Galarian Darmanitan
Grimmsnarl
Ursaluna

MartínK

I hope Ash will consider in the next episode to take some of his Pokemon from Alola with him for future matches. We need to know how powerful Incineroar is now, and we could see Melmetal in Gigantamax form.

And see his new moveset cuz the only move that i see retaining is Fire Blast

I also thought about the idea of Noivern becoming part of his team but I'm also partial to him getting a Venusaur or any mons he own in the core series.

He has Crobat and Porygon-z in both games, Lycanroc replaces Lucario and has Weaville in SM but in USUM that slot belongs to Zoroark.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Why when Incineroar is the only Fire Type Pokemon that Ash has that doesn't know Flamethrower. It's what makes it unique.

In the event that Ash's Incineroar does happen to change its moveset. I think Fire Blast is the only move that can't change.

In the games, Fire Blast is a powerful moves, but it has a low rate of accurancy. I prefer a move like Flamethrower because it has a balance between Power and Accurancy.

DuskAstral

I hope Ash will consider in the next episode to take some of his Pokemon from Alola with him for future matches. We need to know how powerful Incineroar is now, and we could see Melmetal in Gigantamax form.
Unfortunately, there is nothing at the moment to suggest that Satoshi will use the reserves.
As for G-max Melmetal, although it would be nice to see him, looking at how neglected Galar is, I don't see much chance for it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Why does Tokyo or whatever is her name need to have a Gardevior which we have seen 10000 times and soon with the perfect and beautiful Diantha?
She could have a Hatterene for example…. Which we saw, let’s see….., 0 times.

BobbbidyBob

Why does Tokyo or whatever is her name need to have a Gardevior which we have seen 10000 times and soon with the perfect and beautiful Diantha?
She could have a Hatterene for example…. Which we saw, let’s see….., 0 times.
I think he is a boy with a gardevoir, that’s why I think it’s original

MegaSalamence05

In the games, Fire Blast is a powerful moves, but it has a low rate of accurancy. I prefer a move like Flamethrower because it has a balance between Power and Accurancy.
the Anime doesn't equal the games though. Like didn't we recently have an Articuno spam Sheer Cold a move that's 30% accurate. That hit every single time. Eliminated 8 Pokemon in total. I understand the personal preference however.

Sham

Unova Power
Y’all if Paul does appear in that Alola episode then that means as of that episode and Serena’s Trip and Alder are the only main rival/Champion to not appear this series. Unova got nothing