• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Ash will have a proper self-doubt arc after struggling vs Cynthia and this will make him part ways with Goh for a while, leading to his solo episode where he discovers more about friendship or other cheesy stuff. Then afterwards they will make up and then Ash will prepare for the finals
With Ash more confident in the last episode but still tense, the "weakness" music, a clear difference of how he and Leon beat their adversaries to the point of being pretty much bad writing... There is something off with him and it's kinda good to see him actually feel this, especially since the last depression arc that was too comic
I guess this could lead to some interesting drama that would make Ash's victory more satisfying, even if probably still unrealistic

Just no snowballs this time please
We need Serena!!!

Tbh, I lost to Wulfric, but that's because I decided to go into that gym with all my Pokemon on yellow and red bars. Because all the other gym leaders were so easy.
You copied Ash and got cocky.

and not being able to overcome Avalugg's healing...which I remember a few people not being happy about Ash not defeating that tactic in the rematch.
Recover Avalugg is a pain though

The fact that Avalugg managed to beat Ash-Greninja still is amazing to me, absolute legend.
1. Wasn’t mastered
2. Greninfraud and Ash wasn’t in the right place
3. Stan Avalugg! We love the giant ice cube… except when it beats XY Ash

DayQuil95

1. Wasn’t mastered
2. Greninfraud and Ash wasn’t in the right place
3. Stan Avalugg! We love the giant ice cube… except when it beats XY Ash
Not being mastered doesn't exactly change the fact that Avalugg, a Pokemon that wasn't relying on anything more than its own strategy, managed to beat this thing that was busting through houses like the FBI, and that even after the rematch Ash didn't counter the hail strategy properly. Plus I did love it beating Ash because it was responsible for one of the best episodes in the anime.

MegaSalamence05

Yeah I think Ash's Lucario is going to learn Dragon Pulse coming up in this battle. Especially if Cynthia's Garchomp isn't going to change its moveset.

Let me explain, Ash's Pikachu and Lucario are set up similarly. Let me explain

Ash's Pikachu has ThunderBolt, Iron Tail, Quick Attack and Electro Web

While Ash's Lucario had Aura Sphere, Steel Beam, Double Team, Reversal and Bullet Punch ( I put 5 down for Lucario because we've only seen Lucario use Bullet Punch and Aura Sphere in battle recently and don't know what replaced what).

The staple
Thunderbolt = Aura Sphere
The Priority move
Quick Attack = Bullet Punch
The general STAB
Electro Web = Reversal/Steel Beam
The wild card
Iron Tail = Double Team

Argument for me is if Steel Beam is continued to be used I would have stamina questions. So for me Bullet Punch occupying both General STAB and Priority move while Double Team being the Wild card which leads into Dragon Pulse (a trick that was taught to Ash from Prof Kukui and his Lucario) leading to Ash's win. That's just how I see the battle playing out.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Kind of a crosspost with the SV speculation thread:
With moveset changing being easier in the modern games it would actually be nice to have Pikachu rotate some attacks. They experimented a bit of that with Leon Charizard
Now Pikachu could have Volt Tackle back for a major battle or even use both electro ball and electro web for whatever reason
Or even new moves

I just have no idea of how they could make it work in the anime

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Kind of a crosspost with the SV speculation thread:
With moveset changing being easier in the modern games it would actually be nice to have Pikachu rotate some attacks. They experimented a bit of that with Leon Charizard
Now Pikachu could have Volt Tackle back for a major battle or even use both electro ball and electro web for whatever reason
Or even new moves

I just have no idea of how they could make it work in the anime
Working it into the animé would actually be pretty simple. Just reveal that Pokémon don't forget moves at all. They just use stronger ones once they are learned for obvious reasons. As for why they would only show four different moves, simply have it be a previously unstated to the audience but now fully revealed rule that a Pokémon can only use four different moves in any official Pokémon battle. This would give Trainers incentive to train a Pokémon in four main moves so it knows those moves like the back of its hand/paw for major battles, with maybe a couple different moves in reserve for other battles should they end up fighting opponents based around a certain gimmick or strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.