• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuskAstral

think that the 3 episodes of the "Satoshi vs Leon" fight are an exaggeration.
Champion Galar has been introduced to us as a person who adjusts his Pokémon's attacks to have an advantage over his opponent's Pokémon.
So why would Satoshi make Leon more difficult than the others?

That's why I think 2 episodes are enough for this fight.

DuskAstral

It wouldn’t make any sense to have Ash vs Cynthia only last 3 episodes and then turn around and have Ash vs Leon be only 2 episodes one the latter of which is a bigger battle then the previous battle.
Even if it doesn't make sense, I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
Especially since it never happened that there were 2 full battles with 3 parts in one series

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Is it wrong to say that the only way ash vs Leon should go is for rillaboom to crubstomp all of ash’s Pokémon without any problems?
It is for some people like me who want Ash to be put on a bus and Florian or whoever to take the reins. If Ash loses here then he isn't going anywhere, if he wins then the chances of him finally buzzing off rise dramatically ... although tbh with how episodes are made like six months in advance his fate was likely determined sometime in May/June if the battle with Leon is occurring in October. They are probably already starting work on episode 20 of the new series.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well, game confirms Lucario had Inner Focus, so whatever that flinching looked like, it was just a strong hit and not an actual flinch.

Quinton

Writer at TheGamer, RPG Site, Nova Crystallis
I'm happy with this result. On to the finals, then... after some other stuff.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Kind of a crosspost with the SV speculation thread:
With moveset changing being easier in the modern games it would actually be nice to have Pikachu rotate some attacks. They experimented a bit of that with Leon Charizard
Now Pikachu could have Volt Tackle back for a major battle or even use both electro ball and electro web for whatever reason
Or even new moves

I just have no idea of how they could make it work in the anime
Simple: Introduce TMs to the anime as a way to have a Pokemon constantly change its moveset of 4
I headcanon that's how Leon constantly changes Charizard's moves back and fro

Kameinu

Arooo!
Simple: Introduce TMs to the anime as a way to have a Pokemon constantly change its moveset of 4
I headcanon that's how Leon constantly changes Charizard's moves back and fro
TM’s can be introduced as videos, not event the idea of “programming” it into the Pokemon.

Teachy TV Subscription service anyone? It’d be another neat way for Ash to use his Rotom Phone.

Oh and “knowing” only 4 moves is stupid in the anime anyways. It should’ve always just been a rule of 4 moves per battle. Pokemon are far to smart to forget something they worked their butts of to learn and master like Volt Tackle.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I guess just making a Rotomi machine in the pokemon center would be easier
But i have no clue of what would replace it and the move relearner in SV

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Watching todays episode made me wonder, if we'll ever see reserves truly back. I mean lile Charizard in AG or Sceptile in DP where they have atleast one full scale battle.
eh likely not. The Journeys roster will face the same fate as them, simple retirement. Whatever the Paldea saga has for Ash, will just be what he uses.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The only league Ash really used his reserves after OS was DP, AG doesn't count because it was after the league(like Charizard in BW)
I wanted them to be used as much as anyone here, but even if it was the perfect opportunity it was never the norm
Not only that, even in DP Ash was sure to use his usual team in the climax battle(Paul)

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I think Ash vs Leon is obviously going to give more spotlight to Gengar, OPnite and Pikachu. However, if the leaks are real, I see another potential lineup...

Status
Not open for further replies.