• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash might very well still stay, but even I refuse to believe the staff would be so tone deaf to the point that Ash just casually continues in Paldea as though nothing happened. You just don't do a power of friendship victory with all the recurring characters just to ignore it.

If it's still Ash, maybe a timeskip, or a reboot of the whole anime could happen, basically something significant.

Agreed, the intensity and prestige levels are too high to make resetting Ash as he currently is plausible.

They would pretty much have to reboot the show entirely, to do that again.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Agreed, the intensity and prestige levels are too high to make resetting Ash as he currently is plausible.

They would pretty much have to reboot the show entirely, to do that again.
Yeah, this goes way beyond the unova "soft" reset. You can't have Ash going to Paldea to just go through the 3 paths and battle gym leaders and lose to a level 5 lechonk at the start, etc.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Maybe the competitive age is over and now Ash will just continue to be a researcher?
Exploring new pokemon and researching about terastal would be already more interesting than the Alola school
And there are still battle related goals with strong trainers, the problem is what would happen if he lost
True, Pokémon Master is not only about battling with Pokémon and getting stronger, researching about them is also what makes a true Pokémon Master.
Ash might very well still stay, but even I refuse to believe the staff would be so tone deaf to the point that Ash just casually continues in Paldea as though nothing happened. You just don't do a power of friendship victory with all the recurring characters just to ignore it.

If it's still Ash, maybe a timeskip, or a reboot of the whole anime could happen, basically something significant.
Maybe they can have Ash defending the title against Paldea Gym Leader and Champion? At least he get to stay powerful but yet learning more about that he don't know like Terastal.

IcySealeo

There is no doubt that the writers (and probably others on a higher level) have taken a risk here. Winning the Alola league was a risk too, but this time, it's an achievement you just can't ignore like the Orange league. They could have easily make it a regular series with Ash battling the gym leaders in Galar, but they decided to take Ash to the next level, and I don't see how can they go back. They knew right from the beginning that going this road would lead to the end of Ash's story.

Even if they let Ash lose this battle, meaning he still has a goal to achieve, you can't take back the fact that this series he beat champions like Cynthia and Steven, which the writers always avoided doing (as well as winning the league) so they could make Ash a normal trainer who's trying to become the best.

Broseph08

Not gonna lie, that press release of Ash winning saying that he has the title of 'strongest in Pokemon battle' but is still away from his goal of being Pokemon Master makes me think he will for sure be back. The anime may go on hiatus for a bit to fix production problems but I'm confident that it returns, it will feature Ash and Pikachu.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
The press release didn't mention Pokemon Master, nor did the press release say anything about him being away from such goal

Again this forum is weirdly trying to put words in that press release' mouth.
Um, But it did said that he had a long way to go before he does finally getting called "Pokemon Master"

Last edited:

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It would be funny if one of the plot points next series is Ash finally asking himself what it really means to be a pokemon master.

We always assumed he knew how to become one, so the reveal that he himself doesn’t really know would be interesting.
There was some talk about Ash figuring out what defeating Leon really meant but I think this went nowhere, at least for now

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
There was some talk about Ash figuring out what defeating Leon really meant but I think this went nowhere, at least for now
I think there is still some time for this.

It’s probably going to be similar to the last Alola episode where he finally realized what winning the Manalo Conference meant

charinija

Pokemon Master
I think Ash needs at least 1 more series.

If Ash is a Pokemon master, they can take the lead character with him and wander around like Brock.

While Ash competes in series like Pwc, those who want to become the new pokemon master also have limited Gym battles.

Ash gets his Pidgetto. He will be reunited with his Primeape.

We can see 1 more series of Ash

masdog

Many people do believe being a pokemon master is being the strongest trainer
Even when Ash won the Alola League there was some mistaken news websites saying he became a pokemon master after it
I think that is the show’s, or at least the dub’s, fault. Season 1 had a lot of references to Ash taking on the Pokémon League, winning, and becoming a Pokémon Master.

And a lot of those writers were kids who watched the early seasons before outgrowing or moving on from Pokémon.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I think that is the show’s, or at least the dub’s, fault. Season 1 had a lot of references to Ash taking on the Pokémon League, winning, and becoming a Pokémon Master.

And a lot of those writers were kids who watched the early seasons before outgrowing or moving on from Pokémon.
To be fair, making a characters goal something "not tangible" is generally not the norm and most people wouldn't understand or accept that because it's honestly just not good writing in a broad spectrum.

masdog

To be fair, making a characters goal something "not tangible" is generally not the norm and most people wouldn't understand or accept that because it's honestly just not good writing in a broad spectrum.
It depends. An intangible goal can be good writing to drive the character forward, but it has to be addressed at some point in time.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
It depends. An intangible goal can be good writing to drive the character forward, but it has to be addressed at some point in time.
It has to be handled extremely well. In the case of Ash, it's "well becoming a pokemon master has no *true* set conclusion, so he will always be chasing it."

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
There is no doubt that the writers (and probably others on a higher level) have taken a risk here. Winning the Alola league was a risk too, but this time, it's an achievement you just can't ignore like the Orange league. They could have easily make it a regular series with Ash battling the gym leaders in Galar, but they decided to take Ash to the next level, and I don't see how can they go back. They knew right from the beginning that going this road would lead to the end of Ash's story.

Even if they let Ash lose this battle, meaning he still has a goal to achieve, you can't take back the fact that this series he beat champions like Cynthia and Steven, which the writers always avoided doing (as well as winning the league) so they could make Ash a normal trainer who's trying to become the best.

I think that the next biggest risk that they could take is having Ash celebrate his 11th Birthday. It seems like such a minor thing but it opens the possibilities in the future.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
If Ash is going to continue, please return Squrtle and get Blastoise. What a waste.
Give me Special Red 's Saur Bulbasaur 's final evolution Venusaur !

Status
Not open for further replies.