• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Well, that's game logic. In the anime, it's different as fish Pokemon can only really be used in the water, otherwise they're just about as useful as Misty's Goldeen.
But its not a fish. It’s a dragon with a secondary water typing. It may look like a fish, but that doesn’t mean it is a fish.

And every fish in the game is restricted to water. You can’t catch Magicarp or the other fish unless you’re in or right next to the water. Tatsugiri spawns on land and in the water.

MunchMunch

But its not a fish. It’s a dragon with a secondary water typing. It may look like a fish, but that doesn’t mean it is a fish.

And every fish in the game is restricted to water. You can’t catch Magicarp or the other fish unless you’re in or right next to the water. Tatsugiri spawns on land and in the water.
Huh? Dravoish is a mixture of different parts, it can still be a fish without knowing how to swim. Gen 9 literally introduced a Land Whale Pokemon. It's clearly part fish, it literally comes from a Fossilized Fish .

As Lance said in Pokemon Masters. "Not all Dragons are Dragon-type Pokemon" ;) Also not on birds in Pokemon fly, like Piplup for example. Piplup is a bird but it can't fly.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Huh? Dravoish is a mixture of different parts, it can still be a fish without knowing how to swim. Gen 9 literally introduced a Land Whale Pokemon. It's clearly part fish, it literally comes from a Fossilized Fish .

As Lance said in Pokemon Masters. "Not all Dragons are Dragon-type Pokemon" ;) Also not on birds in Pokemon fly, like Piplup for example. Piplup is a bird but it can't fly.
I’m not sure what point you’re making here.

I was replying to Riley who was saying Ash couldn’t get Tatsugiri because it’s a fish and would be restricted to water. The point I was making was that 1) it’s not a fish and 2) Tatsugiri is not restricted to water in the game like every fish and spawns like crazy on land.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
meh, Tinkaton fits more into the TR roster. Should have Ash own a Corviknight as part of his Paldea saga roster instead, just to bring the meme to life and bring back the Pika-Mimikyu gag but in a new form :>
Tinkaton actually looks like something Jesse would have, but, I'd like Ash had it if only to not let the poor thing be a perpetual loser. Also, he could use a fairy with some spunk.

James can have the pig. Jessie probably would have tarountula.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Right now my expectation is if the anime were to continue Ash, Goh and Chloe continue on to Paldea. It's as seamless of a transition as possible.
Honestly think about it. If I was a betting man. That would be expectation. With as much criticism Journeys gets it's as seamless of a transition as physically possible than any region's saga before hand.

Ash - Nemona (Champions) Even with Ash Ketchum's ascension as World Monarch.
Goh - Arven (Researchers) Even if Goh were to catch Mew
Chloe - Penny (Students) Even if Chloe wasn't as main of cast member.

This is my expectation to be honest. The only one that rivals this as a transition process was from Kanto to Johto. At the very beginning. Which is why I'm eagerly anticipating the cast list for JN135.

With the news that Goh wants to go on his own journey, I get the feeling like Ash and Chloe will be the ones continuing with the next JN series. Professor Clavell might be the one that visits Cerise Labs to personally invite Ash to visit Uva Naranja Academy to give a class on Pokémon Battling. Chloe being a fan of school, might be interested in accompanying him as well.

If Ash and Chloe attempt the Treasure Hunt the three SV stories might be used to showcase them in different ways.

Option 1
Ash participates in the Pokémon League to "prove" himself in that region as he is always up to a challenge.
Chloe and Penny bond over school problems and they get contacted to help stop Team Star.
Ash and Chloe help Arven with the Herba Mystica hunt and Arven becomes the "third" member of the group when they go to Paldea.

Option 2
Chloe decides she wants to attempt the gym challenge in her home region of Kanto so Ash mentors her in Pokémon battling while Ash forms a rivalry with "Champion-level" Nemona in Paldea as a new season of the WCS starts but under double battle rule set do everyone starts at Normal Class again.

Paldea gets Galar'd where Ash and Chloe only travel there for important plot points and captures. The world traveling still happens and Chloe takes over for Goh as Cerise's research fellow and Ash's partner.

With the news that Goh wants to go on his own journey, I get the feeling like Ash and Chloe will be the ones continuing with the next JN series. Professor Clavell might be the one that visits Cerise Labs to personally invite Ash to visit Uva Naranja Academy to give a class on Pokémon Battling. Chloe being a fan of school, might be interested in accompanying him as well.

If Ash and Chloe attempt the Treasure Hunt the three SV stories might be used to showcase them in different ways.

Option 1
Ash participates in the Pokémon League to "prove" himself in that region as he is always up to a challenge.
Chloe and Penny bond over school problems and they get contacted to help stop Team Star.
Ash and Chloe help Arven with the Herba Mystica hunt and Arven becomes the "third" member of the group when they go to Paldea.

Option 2
Chloe decides she wants to attempt the gym challenge in her home region of Kanto so Ash mentors her in Pokémon battling while Ash forms a rivalry with "Champion-level" Nemona in Paldea as a new season of the WCS starts but under double battle rule set do everyone starts at Normal Class again.

Paldea gets Galar'd where Ash and Chloe only travel there for important plot points and captures. The world traveling still happens and Chloe takes over for Goh as Cerise's research fellow and Ash's partner.
No Chloe because she’s boring and that means Chloe and Ash are going to be dating

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu

Option 1

Option 2

i can see Option 1 of Ash facing the the Paldea Pokemon League to "prove" himself happening maybe he can defend the World Title against the gym leader and the E4 before facing Geeta. I can see Geeta being the chairwoman and Champion of Paldea questioning the legitimacy of the PWC and slated that she declined the invitation to participated in the tournament because she have better thing to do rather that participating in a event like this which forced Ash to defend PWC honor by defending his title.

For Option 2, i can see Chole taking on Team Star due to her seeing how they bullied Penny (you know school bullying and Chole in JN goes to school regularly and saw a lot of bullying happen in school) and Ash offer to train with her and she start to sympathize Team Star after hearing the stories of the 5 branch leader.

For Nemona, i can see her challenging Ash at every attempt (like in the game when she challenged the MC at every possible chance she can get) to get better and prove why she deserved the attention of being the Champion rank student ( the writer can have her being jealous of Ash getting all the attention from Clavell to Geeta due to his status as 2x Champion and wanting to prove why she deserved the spotlight)

For the titan story, i can see Goh getting involve for some reason, maybe because of Project Mew that he wishes to learn more about the Titan Pokémon and assisting Arven in completing his treasure hunting for the mystic herbs

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
By the look of it, it seems in this Generation, the anime will include the Hisui Pokemon. It's not difficult to guess, after all; since the Paradox Pokemon come from the Past and the Future, it would be possible for Pokemon from the past (like the ones from Hisui) to have a wait to debut in the present. I would like Ash would capture some of them, or in some cases, make some of his Pokemon to evolve into the Hisui forms.

Guy100

I wonder, if the writers will surprise us with an unexpected scenario of Ash and Goh going on separate journeys, just to cross paths midway towards the very end.

Ash travels the world, while Goh goes to some unmentioned region (Paldea). When Ash finally visit Paldea, he finds out that Goh has become the champion of the Paldea region, with a team of Legendaries and starters. Goh becoming the Paldea champ would be especially unexpected, if he accomplishes this offscreen.

Then I guess, both Ash and Goh could have their destined battle as some fans were hoping. However, Goh giving Ash a good fight, would seem to convincing for older fans, especially seeing how Goh never competed in other regions. However, I some fans could argue that Iris became the champ in the BW region, and she hasn't to my knowledge competed in other league challenges in other regions like Ash.

Last edited:

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
If they do show non Zorua/Zoroark Hisuian forms that'd make Hisuian Snow even more disappointing to me

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
By the look of it, it seems in this Generation, the anime will include the Hisui Pokemon. It's not difficult to guess, after all; since the Paradox Pokemon come from the Past and the Future, it would be possible for Pokemon from the past (like the ones from Hisui) to have a wait to debut in the present. I would like Ash would capture some of them, or in some cases, make some of his Pokemon to evolve into the Hisui forms.
May i ask bro, which Hisuian Pokemon would you like Ash to catch / evolve to in the Gen 9 anime?

For me maybe Hisuian Zorua/ Zoroak as capture, Any 1 or All 3 LA (Rowlet, Oshawott and Quilava) starters evolve

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
If they do appear, he'd probably get a Zorua since it was heavily pushed by GF

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Also focused on in Hisuian Snow which was less of a PLA series and more of a "please buy our Hisuian Zorua plushies" series

World Turtle

Short of IDK defeating Mewtwo there isn't much they can do to top "world champion" in terms of accomplishments.

...maybe that's what they'll have Ash do? Go fight the Legendary?

Honestly, Gen 9 anime should be Ash's last series. It'll be the equivalent to Post-Game content.

Check off the bucket list

BobbbidyBob

Is Pikachu a teenager or a child?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
They never gave Ash an Alolan regional variant but they did give him a Galarian variant so there's no guarantee that he would get a Hisuian or Paldean variant. Right now we are at 50:50.

Status
Not open for further replies.