• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I already know it's name it's

TBD
No you're wrong it's actually "incredibly vague title that will tease something but the episode doesn't give a concrete answer"
We're getting into light novel title territory now

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Meowscarada is significantly more popular than the other two and I feel like Skeledirge is the least popular. Which is a shame, because I find it significantly more appealing than Quaquaval, which is one of the ugliest pokemon I've ever seen...

I'd prefer Meowscarada, but I can see Ash with a Skeledirge as well. But I'd still want to see him with one or two feminine Pokemon tbh. I feel like the writers giving Ash an Eevee is imminent at this point, given how much they're promoting it as the second mascot.

I've seen most people call Skeledirge badass so I don't know where you're getting that it's the least popular

Yeah i think out of all the ones skeliderge > meowscarada >>>>> quaqueval seems tl be the general outlook. Although i personally perfer meowscarada.
This isn't really a good indicator of overall popularity but from what I've seen on Japanese Twitter and Pixiv it seems that the Eastern fandoms consensus is

Meowscarada >>>>>>> Quaquaval = Skeledirge

Meowscarada is light speed ahead of the other 2 starters but I genuinely cannot tell you who is more popular between Skeledirge and Quaquaval

Decidueye23

This isn't really a good indicator of overall popularity but from what I've seen on Japanese Twitter and Pixiv it seems that the Eastern fandoms consensus is

Meowscarada >>>>>>> Quaquaval = Skeledirge

Meowscarada is light speed ahead of the other 2 starters but I genuinely cannot tell you who is more popular between Skeledirge and Quaquaval
I think usage wise meowscarada is OP. Its hidden ability plus signature move are a deadly combo. And if you terrastilize it its even more. But in terms of design twitter is in love with skeliderge. Bur hey if ash gets meowscarada i am all up for it. Enough eith the no feminine pokemon for ash.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
From what I've seen, Skeledirge is vastly more popular than Quaquaval. Meowscarada is extremely popular in general, but especially with people who prefer more 'humanoid' designs. Skeledirge is the only option for those who heavily dislike humanoid designs, which is a surprisingly large portion of the fanbase. Quaquaval, from what I've seen, isn't overly popular with either camp. People either dislike its design, its battle animations, or both. Plus, it's not really a standout 'good' design either.

It's got its fans, of course, but nowhere near as many as the other two.
People don't like its animations? Weren't people complaining about how lifeless the animations were in battle before attacking? I thought people would love that it has a lively idle animation, but I guess this is the pokemon fandom we're talking about

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
People don't like its animations? Weren't people complaining about how lifeless the animations were in battle before attacking? I thought people would love that it has a lively idle animation, but I guess this is the pokemon fandom we're talking about
I like it but I can sorta understand why a Starter (a very Humanoid one at that) who shakes it's big booty at the player would make more than a few people uncomfortable (especially to those who dislike Furries)

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
May i ask bro, which Hisuian Pokemon would you like Ash to catch / evolve to in the Gen 9 anime?

For me maybe Hisuian Zorua/ Zoroak as capture, Any 1 or All 3 LA (Rowlet, Oshawott and Quilava) starters evolve

You took the words of my mouth, pal. Those are my ideas too. I also believe in catching a Scyther to evolve into Kleavor, and a Braviary which will become a Psychic type.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
It’s actually been a while since he has caught a Bug type Pokémon as his last one was Leavanny which he caught as a Sewaddle in BW.

So here is a list of available bug type Pokémon that he could get:

Scyther line(the Kleavor route)
Ledyba line
Yanma line
Shuckle
Wurmple line(Beautifly route)
Surskit line
Nincada line(Ninjask route)
Volbeat
Illumise
Anorith line
Kricketot line
Burmy line
Combee line
Skorupi( but will lose the Bug typing upon evolving although it could get around this by having a Terra typing of Bug)
Venipede line
Karrablast line
Shelmet line
Dwebble line
Joltik line
Larvesta line
Genesect
Grubbin line
Cutiefly line
Dewpider line
Wimpod line
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Blipbug line
Sizzlipede line
Snom line
Tarountula line
Nymble line
Rellor line
Slither Wing
Lokix is the most likely for the gen 9 bugs

TomRC121991

It’s actually been a while since he has caught a Bug type Pokémon as his last one was Leavanny which he caught as a Sewaddle in BW.

So here is a list of available bug type Pokémon that he could get:

Scyther line(the Kleavor route)
Ledyba line
Yanma line
Shuckle
Wurmple line(Beautifly route)
Surskit line
Nincada line(Ninjask route)
Volbeat
Illumise
Anorith line
Kricketot line
Burmy line
Combee line
Skorupi( but will lose the Bug typing upon evolving although it could get around this by having a Terra typing of Bug)
Venipede line
Karrablast line
Shelmet line
Dwebble line
Joltik line
Larvesta line
Genesect
Grubbin line
Cutiefly line
Dewpider line
Wimpod line
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Blipbug line
Sizzlipede line
Snom line
Tarountula line
Nymble line
Rellor line
Slither Wing
You forgot Spinarak line and Weedle line.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Quaquaval is my favorite starter evolution since Primarina. Colorful, both literally and figuratively. The animations are great and aquastep is just the best.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Are you UnovaMaster using an Alt account?
I thought this guy was like someone making an account to parody UM but he's a lot more sensible and doesn't spam angry reacts to everyone

Bulu likes pepsi

Who do you think will be Ash's companions in SV?

I'd say Nemona and Penny, although I would prefer Arven over the latter. But I think they're gonna once again feel the need to promote eevee.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Who do you think will be Ash's companions in SV?

I'd say Nemona and Penny, although I would prefer Arven over the latter. But I think they're gonna once again feel the need to promote eevee.
I could see all three being his companions, with him helping out Penny and Arven in their respective quests while also training with and against Nemona since in the Scarlet and Violet games, she's already a Champion-level Trainer simply training up a new team, much like Ash with her story culminating in a battle between the two. They all can then help deal with any potential issues that would be the animé version of whatever story comes with the SV DLC.

STICKTOPIA

I thought this guy was like someone making an account to parody UM but he's a lot more sensible and doesn't spam angry reacts to everyone
That could be the plot twist to make us believe it’s not him. You never know. I thought the same thing as well.
I will hand my keys over to GohMaster, may he fill this forum with good thoughts of Goh
No thanks buddy you’ve done more than enough

Status
Not open for further replies.