• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Power

Do you think now would be a good time to start predicting the rosters of Pokemon for the new protagonists in the Scarlet and Violet anime? Or should there be a new thread?

BobbbidyBob

Rewatching episode 112 where everyone in Alola screams champion while the bittersweet music plays tastes different knowing Ash will leave =‘(

Master Pikachu 11

His lucario have the same japanese voice actor as Sir Aaron's and yet they aren't the same.

It doesn’t need to be the same latias and the scenary sure implies they are fleeing from some random forest, not in Alto Mare. It is a different latias.

I hope so. I'm expecting he get something new (not legendaries), but, if he's using/evolving some of his old pokemon, I'm satisfied.
I disagree, I think he should catch a legendary, if his old rival owns one along with his former companion owning two of them then I hope Ash gets one too. It is his final arc so it doesn’t matter. This is one of the only disappointing things about Ash not continuing in the future since there were so many other Pokémon that I would have loved to see him utilize in battle. Oh well it was a good run

kickachu

Momentai!
I still don't think 11 episodes is enough for a proper conclusion

Guy100

Well, even with the Pokemon anime deciding to continue on without Ash being its future series main protagonist, I do realize that Ash will not be removed from the series or franchise, and will return in special events of the future series of the anime.

For example, I do foresee the Pokemon anime introducing battle tournaments in the new series, with Ash guest appearing as a Participant to showcase how much he's grown along with newer Pokemon he's bonded with. I do even see them doing a scenario with Goh also entering the same special tournament as Ash, and the two having a showdown at the final round just to showcase Goh's growth.

Moving forward, with Ash's voice actor previously stating that Ash is half way towards his dream of being a Pokemon Master, I still speculate that Ash, while on his travels, will inspire people he meets around the world about his dream of being a Pokemon Master, and that will eventually transcend over to other regions like Paldea, which will inspire the anime World of Pokemon to establish a new official Pokemon Tournament event which will be able to bestow upon Pokemon Trainers the rank of Pokemon Master, only allowing the worlds elite trainers with qualifications of having won a regional tournament or have won a world champion in the past to enter.

After all, since Ash is now a celebrity and world champion, I would assume alot of people would take his dream of being a pokemon master much seriously and put it into pratice, by setting up an official tournament to give trainers the rank of Pokemon Master, with Ash sharing his wisdom. A good case study of this can be said of how kid Kuki was inspired by Ash's adventures and decided to make it a reality to set up the Alola Leauge.

Perhaps maybe the new anime series will some how bring back Ash by showcasing a new Pokemon Tournament. Like Red in the video games, Ash is now iconic in the Pokemon anime world, as Red is in the video games, so will still be around and will not being going anywhere. Younger kids that may not know him can always watch the old series.

Last edited:

BobbbidyBob

Well, even with the Pokemon anime deciding to continue on without Ash being its future series main protagonist, I do realize that Ash will not removed from the series, and will return in special events of the future series.

For example, I do foresee the Pokemon anime introducing battle tournaments in the new series, with Ash guest appearing as a Participant to showcase how much he's grown along with newer Pokemon he's bonded with. I do even see them doing a scenario with Goh also entering the same special tournament as Ash, and the two having a showdown at the final round just to showcase Goh's growth.

Moving forward, with Ash's voice actor previously stating that Ash is half way towards his dream of being a Pokemon Master, I still speculate that Ash, while on his travels, will inspire people he meets around the world about his dream of being a Pokemon Master, and that will eventually transcend over to other regions like Paldea, which will inspire the anime World of Pokemon to establish a new official Pokemon Tournament event which will be able to bestow upon Pokemon Trainers the rank of Pokemon Master, only allowing the worlds elite trainers with qualifications of having won a regional tournament or have won a world champion in the past to enter.

After all, since Ash is now a celebrity and world champion, I would assume alot of people would take his dream of being a pokemon master much seriously and put it into pratice, by setting up an official tournament to give trainers the rank of Pokemon Master, with Ash sharing his wisdom. A good case study of this can be said of how kid Kuki was inspired by Ash adventures and decided to make it a reality to set up the Alola Leauge.

Perhaps maybe the new anime series will some how bring back Ash by showcasing a new Pokemon Tournament.
Or maybe the writers want Ash to lose again so we are following the protagonist that will beat Ash but it’s fine because we will be rooting for the new protagonist to win instead. Smart move writers LOL

Red and Blue

Do you think now would be a good time to start predicting the rosters of Pokemon for the new protagonists in the Scarlet and Violet anime? Or should there be a new thread?
For now I hope either Liko or Roy get some of my favorite Paldean Pokemon such as Palafin,Tinkaton, Lokix, and the Fire Warriors. Since the world tour is returning there are plenty of options from the other eight regions as well

Pokemon Power

If the new series is a world tour again, it's basically impossible to predict.
For now I hope either Liko or Roy get some of my favorite Paldean Pokemon such as Palafin,Tinkaton, Lokix, and the Fire Warriors. Since the world tour is returning there are plenty of options from the other eight regions as well
Did they say it was gonna be another world tour, or are you just theorizing?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The tagline was " new dreams and adventures across the vast world" instead of just Paldea
So basically expect the bare minimum as far as Paldea is concerned, just the starters and maybe the dragons?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
So basically expect the bare minimum as far as Paldea is concerned, just the starters and maybe the dragons?
I’m not sure I’d jump to that conclusion just yet.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Well uh Paldea is very vast especially compared to Alola and Galar so maybe that's what they meant (copium)

Master Pikachu 11

If the Paldea starters are going to be their main partners, then I have a feeling that they will only last for this gen and will probably be replace by new characters when the next gen starts that is just my theory

Status
Not open for further replies.