• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Were there any Pokemon that you were surprised never got caught by the main cast? After Jessie got Seviper I was sure someone would have gotten a Zangoose. Not necessarily Ash it could have easily gone to Brock. It would have been their version of the Psyduck gag with Zangoose bursting out of its ball to confront Jessie's Seviper or visa versa when someone else was going to be sent out instead.
Well, it's a quite long list! I don’t have a pokemon I'd like to see in the cast, independent of with who, but, specifically:

Ash:

Even if took him until JN to have good Kanto 'mons, I think the only things actually missed for him were an eeveelution and raichu. Because he can't have both the secondary mascot of the franchise (even if it stays as an eevee for the shortest time) and the evo of his main partner. And I'm not talking about evolve pikachu, but Sinnoh gave me the idea that Ash can have both pikachu and raichu, since both be their own characters. Specifically, an alolan raichu.

From other regions, I always thought that mawile, zangoose, grumpig, braviary, gollet, carracosta, clawitzer, meowstic, florges, drampa, g-darmanitan and hatterene had a decent chance to be on his line ups.

Wishful thinking.

I generally like his teams as a whole by the end of their sagas, but, while some teams are well rounded (Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh), others could use extra member(s) (Houenn, Kalos, Alola, Journeys) and Unova could have given him a better selection.

Counting evolutions, I was expecting garchomp and scrafty for a loooong time!

Brock and Misty:

Brock had a larger pool of choices instead just rock types, but graveler looked an easy choice for him. Marowak, camerupt and bastiodon were things I expected he had.

About Misty, dunno, horsea looked like the only bummer. Kingdra would be a good member. But, honestly, I don’t care much about her to give her more team changes.

May:

Swablu/altaria. I think everyone agree about this one. Alternatively, medicham looked like a good change of flow to her team. I was expecting her with a spheal intead squirtle.

Dawn:

Ariados. Specifically, that shiny one. While it's a thing I could see Brock or Cilan using, Dawn could make a good use of it. I always had a thought she would do a good work with liligant and scolipede, since she doesn't mind much about appearances (aside her own).

Cilan:

Escavalier and trevanant. They look like fitting to his style, more analytic and sometimes tricky.

Iris:

With so many dragons in Unova, she doesn't have at least drudiggon by her time was disappointing. Aside that, deino.

Clemont:

I always wanted a manectric in the cast and Clemont was perfect to that. I don’t dislike luxray, but manectric would be very interesting. If not for Ash, I'd give Clemont a meowstic for variation.

Serena:

Vespiqueen. It was dumb how it wasn't her first solo catch, before meet Ash and co. I wanted a vespiqueen for Dawn, but it would be a nice thing for Serena. Also, aegislash. Sorry, guys, but it would be really good under her ownership, to build some good offensive out of the showcases/contests.

I think that's all. Go have a large pool and I can't think about anything I'd like to see with the Alola gang.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I did an edit of JN Ash to make him look like XY Ash. How did I do?
index.php
I'm indifferent since I've been accepted that XY Art Style isn't coming back and It's been made clear that the old XY Art Style isn't coming back but Serena and Bonnie and Clemont on other hand? They're already back but with Journeys art Style.

On unrelated News, I know Pokémon 2023 anime isn't premiered yet but I wonder what will Riko and Roy catch this time? Tinkaton for Riko? Golem for Roy?

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Someone seems to, which is why they keep asking for Serebii to add it to their website.
At this point, they're technically Ashmons, just without an official capture, considering he raised them both and they saw him as a primary guardian.

I'd go on a limb and say Rotom and Phone Dex could fit this category too if they were capture-able.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Someone seems to, which is why they keep asking for Serebii to add it to their website.
eh tbf, Solgaleo and Larvitar can technically be seen as "de-facto" owned by him since he did basically raised them and had a bond with them. But that's really it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Were there any Pokemon that you were surprised never got caught by the main cast? After Jessie got Seviper I was sure someone would have gotten a Zangoose. Not necessarily Ash it could have easily gone to Brock. It would have been their version of the Psyduck gag with Zangoose bursting out of its ball to confront Jessie's Seviper or visa versa when someone else was going to be sent out instead.

OS
When they gave Gary Umbreon, they should have given Ash an Espeon. It would have been a perfect mirror to their rivalry as Umbreon is immune to Espeon's Psychic-type and super effective to it. At this point, Ash was still the underdog to Gary's achievements.

AG
I don't think Zangoose would have worked just based on how "vicious" that rivalry seemed to be in the anime and they already did the counterpart captured with Jessie and May. In AG, the biggest missed opportunity was definitely May and Swablu. If they didn't want to give May too many Pokémon, they could have forgone Skitty. Skitty was definitely the weakest link in her team and mostly relied on Assist. Swablu would still have been a Normal-type like Skitty but had the opportunity to evolve into a Dragon-type. Maybe that would have been Drew's reason for training a Flygon.

DP
Snover. We had a whole episode dedicated to Grotle becoming friends with a friendly Snover for it to have gone to a bunch of random school children? If Ash's quota was filled, Brock should have caught it at least. It would have helped him with cooking and/or medicine but harvesting those berries for him. Plus Brock desparately needed a team change by then.

BW
I know most people would probably say Iris and Deino but she did eventually get Dragonite and despite that handling of that situation, she did get a 2nd Dragon-type. My main issue was that they never gave Cilan a 2nd Grass-type. They referred to him as a Grass-type Gym Leader a few times in the series but he only had Pansage. Honestly, with the way that they handled Ash's rotation in the series, Cilan should have been the one to catch Snivy, while Ash's main Grass-type should have been Leavanny. Sewaddle's capture episode was so good and adorable. At least with Cilan, Snivy might have had a chance to evolve. Iris and Ash already had a connection with Axew and Scraggy. Iris and Cilan bickering a bit more due to Emolga and Snivy would have added a much needed Spicy flavor to their dynamic.

XY
Where was the promotional Mudkip????
During FRLG, May caught Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Ash's old Kanto Starters came back for the finale.
During HGSS, Dawn caught a Cyndaquil and they had Lyra and Khory show up with Chikorita and Totodile.
ORAS... Sawyer had the Treecko line and Mayer had Mega Blaziken, but that was for a Mystery Gift event in early XY. The Mudkip line was missing. Serena could have caught one at one point.

SM
There are so many here but I'll try to be brief.

Sophocles - Alolan Geodude (Inspired by his battle against Brock)

Kiawe - Vulpix (When they gave Lillie the Alolan Vulpix egg, they should have given the Kantonian Vulpix egg to Kiawe and thus they could have bonded over having the "sisters")

Mallow - Fomantis (When she led Ash through his Akala Island Trial, she should have caught one of the Fomantis in that field)

Lana - Dewpider (Like what the heck was that episode? She should have just caught the thing)

- Vaporeon (Sandy should have evolved)

Lillie - Oricorio (Hear me out!! Since her butler Hobbes loves the family so much, he could have given her a Pom-Pom style Oricorio right after she opened up to petting Pikachu, just in time for her class trip to Akala Island. He would give it to her under the pretense that he would hope that she finds some nectar on Akala to have Oricorio turn into its Baile style. At the end of the trip he would reveal that he meant for her to keep it as a gift from him.
Thus Lillie would change it's form on every island trip)

Ash - Alolan Sandslash (It's the only Alolan variant that suits him imo besides Alolan Raichu but that's never happening)

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Kanto - Rhyhorn, surprisingly he never caught that pokemon in Safari Park, instead we got gag joke about catching all 3O Tauros. He was actually ready for catching that pokemon! But... Tauros ran in his way.

Johto - Brock and Misty caught only ONE pokemon [Corsola for Misty, Pineco for Brock] at traveling during Johto region, that seems like unfair actually compared to Ash which caught six Johto mons. That Unown which helped Larvitar find his mother, should been actually caught by one of them.

Hoenn - May getting Swablu instead of care taking that pokemon and letting this away but also could May catch some new pokemon for Max especially if he bonded with some interesting pokemon such like Ralts, Shuppet. Spoink was following to Ash much times that should been caught too. Brock actually caught two water pokemon in that region, so then... why he didn't hell caught that freakin Sharpedo when he helped him?

Sinnoh - Snover for Ash.

Unova - Meloetta for Ash - if not Melmetal, she could actually might be ended as first Ash's mythical, Deino for Iris, some grass pokemon for Cilan.

Kalos - shiny Phantump for one of XY gang.

Alola - Oiii.... very much situations.....
Ash: Grubbin, Alolan Geodude, Wimpod, Passimian, Shiinotic and there would be very surpise
Kantonian Vulpix because of regional difference, that why he's from Kanto.
Kiawe: Crawdaunt, Miltank, Mudbray
Sophocles: Ampharos, Celesteela
Lana: Dewpider, Lapras, Kyogre
Because i was joking like as Lana did
Mallow: Oranguru
Lillie: Clefable
Gladion: Kommo-o [if that would happen... actually finally could has full team in JN... ]

World - obviously Drakloak for Ash at Gengar's episode. Goh could kept Alolan Ninetales instead release him after catching. Chloe could catch Galarian Ponyta at Galar. For old traveling companions - Dawn should caught some new pokemon instead stuck with her original DP team, could be pretty interesting if she had Ariados, Cinchcino bc she was talking about she was in Johto, Unova etc. Serena - Absol and Banette, because she doing performance in Hoenn so those pokemon are 1OO% perfect for performance for sure.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I hope we will see a reference to the last scene of Journeys, where Ash reunited with his Butterfree after so much time. I want to believe this reencounter made Butterfree to return to Ash's team and he's now staying at Oak's Lab.
But that time he could have actually two Butterfrees.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Ash catching Butterpink would be weird, and just in general having those two stay at Oak's. It could happen, but it seems like that was shown as a preview of whats to come in the mini series.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope we will see a reference to the last scene of Journeys, where Ash reunited with his Butterfree after so much time. I want to believe this reencounter made Butterfree to return to Ash's team and he's now staying at Oak's Lab.
Butterfree could easily settle down and have his babies at Oak's lab

Status
Not open for further replies.