• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip12lov

Well since all of Ash Pokémon is shown for the MPM poster, safe to say they will appear again but the question is how would the writer address it. Like what you say, Primeape is a weird one due to it is in another trainer care and does the writer wants to give Ash a gen 9 mon like Annihilape or they have a "hi Primeape, nice to see you again and bye Primeape, good to see you again" situation
Primeape will come back And Ash would appear in Paldea with him to evolve.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Primeape is probably the weirdest capture Ash has ever had, gets caught, then we don't see it again until 4 episodes later, then it suddenly bonds with him almost instantly despite trying to kill him before hand and leaves in the same episode...even Larvitar and Nebby had deeper bonds with Ash despite not being caught.

Evolving it might the only thing to really make a return stand out, since it was hardly there in the first place.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Question is will he appear in Paldea or there is going to be like a YouTube series of him after MPM ( like Twilight wings or Pokémon Evolution) or something like the Mega Evolution specials with Alain appearing on the main series with Ash appearing like Alain in the new series. If not, i can see him getting Annihilape before his journey onscreen ends in Ep 11 of MPM

kickachu

Momentai!
Question anybody think that the fearow from the first episode will appear . That way ash can end the fued once and for all and catch it and a good way to see Pidgeot again

Phillip12lov

Question anybody think that the fearow from the first episode will appear . That way ash can end the fued once and for all and catch it and a good way to see Pidgeot again
If those other Pidgeotto didn't evolve tô protect their own after so many year they can be called failures.
Pidgeot must not carry that fate forever.

World Turtle

Primeape evolving for some Paldea promotion would be awesome!

Ash would first have to find a way to get it back from that scam artist, though
Hypothetical question: While cross region evolutions can probably count as a member of both regional teams I had a thought about this: Primeape evolves to Annihilape and would be part of Ash's hypothetical Paldea Team.

This possibly opens the door to Ash getting a new Kanto Fighting type.

Who'd you pick? Machamp, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Poliwrath?

For me its a toss up between Poliwrath or Hitmonlee.

Last edited:

Veedramon

Hypothetical question: While cross region evolutions can probably count as a member of both regional teams I had a thought about this: Primeape evolves to Annihilape and would be part of Ash's hypothetical Paldea Team.

This possibly opens the door to Ash getting a new Kanto Fighting type.

Who'd you pick? Machamp, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Poliwrath?

For me its a toss up between Poliwrath or Hitmonlee.
Machamp's probably my favourite Kanto fighting type + it complements his Gengar, so it'd have to be that.

Second would depend on if a Tyrogue's gonna evolve into it. If so, Hitmonchan, but otherwise Hitmonlee.

As for Poliwrath, it's cool in its persona, but I'm not the biggest fan of its design

kickachu

Momentai!
Question what surprise should we except besides latias like maybe a capture or evolution we would never expect like in sun and moon when brock got comfey

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Question what surprise should we except besides latias like maybe a capture or evolution we would never expect like in sun and moon when brock got comfey
If we expected a surprise, would it really be a surprise? Or is the surprise that we get let down when it doesn't happen?

World Turtle

What I hope for is since the final series poster left off Seaking, Raticate, and Beedrill giving Ash 57 Pokemon in total. I'd like him to get three more captures to round things off at 60. I suspect for this to happen they'll need to be legendary pokemon Ash has met before. If not that's okay. Not the end of the world.

ZarudeSandstorm

I just read a news that Netflix is asking for Andrew Garfield and Lady Gaga for roles of James and Jessie respectively. That got me thinking if series becomes successful and JJM and Ash ONLY make a cameo appearances in upcoming series, maybe TPCI will give Netflix rights to do mini Ash series if Ash only makes cameo appearances from April 2023 ownards. And I don't mean live -action but anime-wise mini series. Netflix can make anime like Castlevania 2017. I mean if TPCI gave a green light for JJM, they could probably give a greenlight for Ash and Pikachu to be used.

ShadowForce720

Since clauncher was false bait, I'm really wary about them giving him any new additions.
I wouldn’t really call Clauncher false bait as the episode was pretty upfront that Ash and Misty would be competing over the Clauncher.

Who knows maybe Ash will catch the Beartic in episode 4 since it doesn’t really seem to focus on Misty and/or Brock and the summary mentioned that Ash was interested in the Beartic.

World Turtle

I wouldn’t really call Clauncher false bait as the episode was pretty upfront that Ash and Misty would be competing over the Clauncher.

Who knows maybe Ash will catch the Beartic in episode 4 since it doesn’t really seem to focus on Misty and/or Brock and the summary mentioned that Ash was interested in the Beartic.

On one hand it'd be his 10th Unova Pokemon if he does catch it. I'd prefer a Galar mon.

On the other hand it'd be his first Ice type since Glalie.

Win-Win either way I guess?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
What's wrong with Dracovish that being the last captured is so weird?
It's just a pretty weird Pokemon to end Ash's journey on. Although considering that he's keeping his last party slot empty it's very likely that Ash is gonna catch something.

Status
Not open for further replies.