• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
That Beartic screamed Ash capture, what happened?
I don’t think they are interested in Ash catching the pokemon he has been bonding with. This is just a way to show that part of being a pokemon master means you can connect and help pokemon without having to capture them.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

World Turtle

I don’t think they are interested in Ash catching the pokemon he has been bonding with. This is just a way to show that part of being a pokemon master means you can connect and help pokemon without having to capture them.
on one hand I get that.

on the other hand I still feel frustrated

MunchMunch

Pok%C3%A9mon_Aim_to_Be_a_Pok%C3%A9mon_Master_poster.png

place your bets: do you think Meowth will join Ash’s team? It’s interesting to see him up front with Ash and Pikachu instead of back with Jessie and James.

This is something that I've wondered how Team Rocket ends its arc. Without Giovanni being involved and keep his ending open ended. Honestly think about it, Meowth's ambition was to be Giovanni's lap cat usurping Persian. It had a replacement Alolan Meowth usurp that role. I wonder about resentment. Individually how many of Ash's Pokemon has Meowth individually bonded with. Pikachu, Incineroar, Butterfree, Infernape, possibly more. Regardless of the antagonistic role he plays. I think Team Rocket may see it as an opportunity for providing Meowth a better life and providing Pikachu it's rival, in house.
It's a reference to the orignal poster. He was on the front in the orignal poster as well
8hvbisr2q96a1.jpg

World Turtle

Can you imagine if Ash had his own 151 and they tried to shove them all onto a single poster? Maybe getting only the ones he caught was for the best. Plus evolutions. Be hard to make space for a bunch of big guys.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Man, why can't the series have been this from the start? Ash rotating his team with Misty and Brock as partners, meeting old companions from time to time and bonding with new Pokemon such as his journeys team. The main goal would still to beat Leon, but it would have made more sense this way than having a whiny companion that hogs all the spotlight and magically gets handed everything.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Man, why can't the series have been this from the start? Ash rotating his team with Misty and Brock as partners, meeting old companions from time to time and bonding with new Pokemon such as his journeys team. The main goal would still to beat Leon, but it would have made more sense this way than having a whiny companion that hogs all the spotlight and magically gets handed everything.
I agree
But then ppl would know it was Ash’s final series hehe

Trainer Micah

If my memory serves correctly at the end of Pokemon journeys episode Ash Goh and Chloe set off anew did anyone hear or catch a Pokeball sound off by chance? It was when Ash reunited with his Butterfree and Pink Butterfree did anyone catch it?

Reason thought i'd ask reason eh call it a mystery for right now, But what if Ash captured his Butterfree again? Think about it do you think Butterfree has new moves? if so what do you think he'll know? If he got recaptured by Ash?

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
If my memory serves correctly at the end of Pokemon journeys episode Ash Goh and Chloe set off anew did anyone hear or catch a Pokeball sound off by chance? It was when Ash reunited with his Butterfree and Pink Butterfree did anyone catch it?

Reason thought i'd ask reason eh call it a mystery for right now, But what if Ash captured his Butterfree again? Think about it do you think Butterfree has new moves? if so what do you think he'll know? If he got recaptured by Ash?
I think if he had recaptured it we would know from the opening, the merchandise, or something like that.

DuskAstral

He certainly didn't catch him again.
Satoshi wants the best for his Pokemon (including those released), so I don't think he wants to separate Butterfree from his family.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
He certainly didn't catch him again.
Satoshi wants the best for his Pokemon (including those released), so I don't think he wants to separate Butterfree from his family.
That, and there's no real narrative reason for Butterfree to return permanently, anyway. Its story was finished a long time ago, more specifically, a quarter of a century ago for everybody's information.

Primeape at least would have some justification to return permanently but I doubt he'll make the comeback unless they decide to evolve him into Annihilape which doesn't really seem all that likely to happen tbh.

If we see Ash’s Torterra get some spotlight (episodes 8-9-10-11) then I would be so happy

Status
Not open for further replies.