• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I have no idea.

Having been subjected to it for a day when I was watching my nephew last year, I’ve learned it’s bad for me on a neurological level, though…
I remember hearing that all the rapid scene changes are really harmful for a toddler's brain (aka the target audience).

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Imagine:

“Hey what is your job”

“Oh I make “speculation videos on Pokemon videos with clickbait to an audience that has probably barely left diapers”.

It’s the same with those people I see on YouTube making content geared towards children. The fact that grown ass adults know how children work is hella creepy.

What a bizarre, and frankly speaking, offensive thing to say. Do you think ECE teachers and children's book authors are closet pedophiles, too?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The fact that grown ass adults know how children work is hella creepy.
And this folks, is a prime example of an someone who’s lost their logical side of their brain. Probably grew up without love in their family and some other things.

A pity.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
From a studied industry childcare perspective, any video time more than 9min at any given time is harmful, cognitively, for children under 3.
And if the videos are too short, kids will have a hard time following it and learn the lessons they’re trying to teach.

There is a reason that Sesame Street went from short clips with story segments spread across an episode to larger segment blocks.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Isn't Cocomelon like, legitimately bad for kids in a neurological level?

I’ve heard cases of kids watching Cocomelon & as soon as they turned it off, they threw really bad tantrums. I’ve turned off regular TV for my kid & no tantrum, i mean he would get mad but not to the level that he throws tantrums & starts hitting. Spongebob is bad too, well for little kids from what I experienced myself.

My cousins came over, (4 & 7 back in 2015) & when they watched Spongebob, I kid you not, their mouths dropped & it reached their knees. I think Cocomelon has the same effect, it just gets them all hooked like a god damn zombie.

And this folks, is a prime example of an someone who’s lost their logical side of their brain. Probably grew up without love in their family and some other things.

A pity.

Don’t enter a conversation without knowing what the hell is going on. I’m saying that there are adults that do that to children. This is a prime example of why threads on this forum gets derailed because of people like you who insult people without knowing them, asshole.

What a bizarre, and frankly speaking, offensive thing to say. Do you think ECE teachers and children's book authors are closet pedophiles, too?

Again, read above. I won’t be aggressive towards you since you misunderstood & didn’t insult me.

I mean for one, the videos speculating about stuff about anipoke are not targeted towards babies.

And many adults need to know how kids work, due to parenting, teaching, babysitting, etc.

Sarcasm, clearly I am aware that those videos are generally for kids, not necessarily “babies”, even though the age that a person goes away from diapers is generally not a baby anymore but ok.

And also if there is a misunderstanding, what I am referring to is to the adults who do this, which I heard some people on YouTube are doing. Go watch “SomeOrdinaryGamers” on a video about YouTube videos that look like its for children but contain explicit things that slides through on YouTubeKids, which is supposed to be a place for just kid friendly content. I’ve seen said content and was sickened by it.

Last edited:

Guy100

With Ash's story ending as the main protagonist, its peculiar how kids who grew up watching the original series in the 90s often imagined his final pokemon to be something grandiose like in the gen 1 and gen 2 video games; Mewtwo, Ho-Oh or Lugia.

Instead, we can only expect to see him obtain this bronze medal legendary (Latias).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
With Ash's story ending as the main protagonist, its peculiar how kids who grew up watching the original series in the 90s often imagined his final pokemon to be something grandiose like in the gen 1 and gen 2 video games; Mewtwo, Ho-Oh or Lugia.

Instead, we can only expect to see him obtain this bronze medal legendary (Latias).
As long as he gets to properly interact with Ho-oh....

MegaSalamence05

I really need to know what happens on the 17th of March now because if I read what I think I read and how I understand things. I really question this 11 episode arc presumed conclusion.

I'm keeping an open mind still but that suspiciousness.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Honestly, independent of whether or not we will see Ash again in the future, I wish he had a last capture.

"Durr, it's pointless to give him a new pokemon now, because we won't see it again too".

Again, I. Don’t. Care. It would be nice give him a last 'mon. Because, honest talk, they won't pull a suicune with Ho-Oh and have Ash catching it just to have it back to roaming around. I wouldn't doubt about it, but, not expecting much, anymore, after this latias boring fest.

Caesar XII

Lurked for 14 years before posting my first post.
I would find it funny if Ash does capture Ho-Oh and not Latias, he has currently hasn't captured two types of Pokémon which are a Legendary and a female-only one. If what I talked about happens, he is gonna leave the show with just one category left that he never caught which would drive me up the wall.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
they could do the ORAS route here instead which would still lead to a capture lmao.

(I’m just poorly memeing don’t mind me :>)

Guy100

Well, if Ash ends up gaining nothing new from this mini-series, then I guess this proves to me that the writers intentionally derailed the hype of Ash's progression of being a World Champ with this mundane adventure just to arouse its target audience, 10 year old age group, to grow bored of him and easily move on to the next series.

Best way to marketably kill off a characters popularity is to make them bland and to show case their story's adventure as dull (repetitive story plots) and inefficient (no capture or reward at the end) after the conclusion of a story arc.

All this sight-seeing and running around, and we can only anticipate that there was nothing to show for it. Time wasted, if he doesn't even acknowledge himself as a Pokemon Master or let alone make one final capture. The Ho-OH episode could have easily been done in one episode.

Could careless about Latias, as I felt the legendary was not that special or as popular compared to others. Reasonably, Lugia seemed to fit the role as a final capture, seeing how it liked to battle and was fond of Ash. I think the alpha bird could have symbolized Ash's acension into becoming a Pokemon Master seeing how Lugia is very strong and is tough of a Pokemon to capture. Maybe Lugia makes one final surprise appearance by popping up towards the final episode and decides it wants to travel with Ash after Ash meets with the Pokemon Company CEO spirit animal (Ho-OH) for a send off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.