• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Another unfortunate loss. Shozo Iizuka, voice of Drake in AG and Journeys, has passed from heart failure.

Guy100

The 2023 new series seems interesting so far. From what I've seen, its possible that Liko will become a pokemon anthropologist or some type of historian or detective, while Roy's goal will be to tame a collection of Legendary Pokemon around the world.

Its likely, that Liko's goal mission will be to travel the world and collect clues (items) and information about her pendant, while Roy's quest will be to build up a team of strong pokemon that will enable to him to take on and catch some of the most iconic regional legendaries throughout the world.

Liko collects artifacts akin to badge collections while Roy battles and captures legendaries and partakes in challenging other skilled pokemon trainers which would be similar to pokemon battle challenges, such as gym leaders. Of course, the Pikachu Professor may be the one who ends up taking on many tournament challenges. If this is how it will be I like this concept so far.

Last edited:

Guy100

Just a thought, as mentioned in a previous thread, but perhaps both Latias and Latios are scouts of Ho-Oh, just like the Legendary cat trio.

Maybe towards episode 11 when Gary and Ash discuss about the goal of being a Pokemon Master, Ash will not initially be able to answer the question, since he doesn’t know.

However, towards the end of the episode, perhaps Ho-Oh properly introduces itself to Ash and Pikachu. Maybe through Latias, Ho-OH learns more of Ash’s deeds and accomplishments, and shares with Ash its admiration of him and his connection with Pokemon, such as Pikachu.

Before Ash leaves, Ho-OH gives Ash the implication that it wants Ash to catch it. Ash does so and then he releases the bird. Ash then realizes that Ho-OH’s intent of letting him catch it , just briefly, symbolizes his accension into becoming a Pokemon Master, since Ho-Oh, in essence, is a Pokemon that is praised and symbolized as the highest connection of Pokemon and Human relation, which is virtually what a Pokemon Master is.

It is then from this encounter, Ash gets his answer, and now realizes that he is a Pokemon Master. If I’m guessing right, then perhaps this is why Latias and the subplot with Latios may have been the reason for why it was important to this mini-arc story.

The plot of Latias following and monitoring Ash’s activities throughout this mini-series just to build up to the climax of requesting Ash’s help to save its friend (Latios), and how this pays off towards the end of enabling Ash to properly meet with Ho-OH and briefly catch it, while releasing it, is the hallmark that cements why Ash is a Pokemon Master and gives the audience or fans some type of satisfied closure that properly convinces us that Ash is indeed a Pokemon Master, then simply Ash just coming up with his own answer as a reason to why he is or isn’t.

I really hope this was truly the intent of why the direction for this mini arc went the way it did.

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!
So with roy wanting to face legends what legendary you think he'll challenge first

Guy100

So with roy wanting to face legends what legendary you think he'll challenge first

Probably one of the Legendary Bird trio or maybe Raquayza since it was showcased in the trailer. I'm just hoping he ends up catching alot of them, especially if the series does not explore gym challenges or league tournaments.

ShadowForce720

Probably one of the Legendary Bird trio or maybe Raquayza since it was showcased in the trailer. I'm just hoping he ends up catching alot of them, especially if the series does not explore gym challenges or league tournaments.
You know they could actually have him fight the Galarian Legendary Bird Trio instead of their Kantonian counterparts since we haven’t seen them in the main anime yet.

Guy100

Well, seeing how the "aim to be a master special is reaching its climax", guess it time to go head a make some predictions;

How will the series end (4 possible scenarios I can think of so far):

1) We get no resolution to Ash achieving his goal, no new capture, and his adventure concludes opened-ended.

2) Ash becomes a pokemon master, gains a new temporary or lifelong pokemon as an addition to his team, and continuous his endless journey to meet other pokemon and face other challenges.

3) Ash becomes a pokemon master, gets no new pokemon at the end of his mini-arc, and simply continuous his adventure.

4) We were duped to expect something special would resonate from this mini-arc and we're given some on- a- whim, possibly ambiguous, answer from Ash's perspective of what a pokemon master means to him, and his adventure ends on an inexplicable note.

My I hope is that prediction # 2 happens. I'm glad Ash is both a regional and world champion, but as a long time fan thats ready to move on from watching his adventures, I'd like to see a satisfied resolution to Ash achieving his goal since being a master was the very reason he became a trainer, and gaining something special, a new pokemon, at the end.

Dont care to see Ash catch a Latias, but I'll accept Ho-oh or Lugia as a final companion, even if its temporary.

I will say in the end, like I've stated before, regardless of what's to come or the inevitable outcome of the Ash and Pikachu mini-finale adventure, the Pokemon anime staff team certainly did accomplished its goal of hyping up its target audiences (10 year olds) anticipation to watch the new 2023 series, even if it meant using the Ash and Pikachu mundane final chapter story arc as a catalyst to effectively derail the interest of the younger audience wanting to see them again...which wont happen for a while.

Last edited:

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Wanting to fight a legendary pokemon as the sole goal of a character seems boring. What does this character hope to achieve with that? Seems too plain.

Last edited:

Guy100

Wanting to fight a legendary pokemon as the sole goal of a character seems boring. What does this character hope to achieve with that? Seems too plain.
Seems like the boy (Roy) is looking for clout to be considered a great trainer. Not many Pokemon trainers we've seen in the pokemon anime universe own legendaries, and for those that do have them, they are recognized as strong trainers for their feat of either defeating, befriending or catching them. Legendary pokemon are about as revered as champion pokemon trainers based on the level of strength, if not stronger. Plus their rare and few in numbers.

Plus, I speculate Roy's goal of seemingly wanting to be a great tamer of legendary pokemon was decided by the anime staff in order to differentiate him more from Ash, who simply went on gym and league tournament challenges, which got too redundant over the years.

However, Liko in contrast to Roy, seems to be on a quest of discovery, similar to what Chole did on her journey with Eeeve, which may or may not pan well in the new series depending on how they portray her story.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Seems like the boy (Roy) is looking for clout to be considered a great trainer. Not many Pokemon trainers we've seen in the pokemon anime universe own legendaries, and for those that do have them, they are recognized as strong trainers for their feat of either defeating, befriending or catching them. Legendary pokemon are about as revered as champion pokemon trainers based on the level of strength, if not stronger. Plus their rare and few in numbers.

Plus, I speculate Roy's goal of seemingly wanting to be a great tamer of legendary pokemon was decided by the anime staff in order to differentiate him more from Ash, who simply went on gym and league tournament challenges, which got too redundant over the years.

However, Liko in contrast to Roy, seems to be on a quest of discovery, similar to what Chole did on her journey with Eeeve, which may or may not pan well in the new series depending on how they portray her story.
You jump to an awful lot of conclusions based on a couple of minutes of preview footage and a few paragraphs of marketing materials.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Just a thought, as mentioned in a previous thread, but perhaps both Latias and Latios are scouts of Ho-Oh, just like the Legendary cat trio.

Maybe towards episode 11 when Gary and Ash discuss about the goal of being a Pokemon Master, Ash will not initially be able to answer the question, since he doesn’t know.

However, towards the end of the episode, perhaps Ho-Oh properly introduces itself to Ash and Pikachu. Maybe through Latias, Ho-OH learns more of Ash’s deeds and accomplishments, and shares with Ash its admiration of him and his connection with Pokemon, such as Pikachu.

Before Ash leaves, Ho-OH gives Ash the implication that it wants Ash to catch it. Ash does so and then he releases the bird. Ash then realizes that Ho-OH’s intent of letting him catch it , just briefly, symbolizes his accension into becoming a Pokemon Master, since Ho-Oh, in essence, is a Pokemon that is praised and symbolized as the highest connection of Pokemon and Human relation, which is virtually what a Pokemon Master is.

It is then from this encounter, Ash gets his answer, and now realizes that he is a Pokemon Master. If I’m guessing right, then perhaps this is why Latias and the subplot with Latios may have been the reason for why it was important to this mini-arc story.

The plot of Latias following and monitoring Ash’s activities throughout this mini-series just to build up to the climax of requesting Ash’s help to save its friend (Latios), and how this pays off towards the end of enabling Ash to properly meet with Ho-OH and briefly catch it, while releasing it, is the hallmark that cements why Ash is a Pokemon Master and gives the audience or fans some type of satisfied closure that properly convinces us that Ash is indeed a Pokemon Master, then simply Ash just coming up with his own answer as a reason to why he is or isn’t.

I really hope this was truly the intent of why the direction for this mini arc went the way it did.
That sounds needlessly complex, not to mention incredibly convoluted.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
It remains to be seen what he hopes to achieve with that, we know nothing about his or Liko's motivations. But the reason I'm more interested in Roy's goal is because it means the anime will give us more battles. And more battles is always a treat.

Guy100

That sounds needlessly complex, not to mention incredibly convoluted.
I dont get the convolution, if the anime presents Ho-OH as the ultimate harmonious symbol of human and pokemon connectivity, which is essentially what a pokemon master is.

If a possible resolution of "what it means to be a Pokemon Master" and "the merit of how a trainer is deemed worthy of the right to be designated as a Master" could be revolved around the rainbow bird acknowledging it, then I don't see the obscurity of how the legendary bird (Ho-OH) could not possibly be used as a plot device to support Ash reaching his goal by giving Ash its blessing of being a Pokemon Master attributed towards the qualities he's shown of being good a Pokemon trainer based on how high of a connection he's demonstrated to have with Pokemon, with Ho-OH recognizing it.

Since Ash's goal of being a Pokemon Master is essentially factored towards his relation of making friends with and catching pokemon to attain a better level of understanding them (Pokemon), then I also dont see the convolution of Ho-OH letting Ash catch it as some sort of testament of respect or praise of friendship by giving its declaration that it would be willing stand by Ash's side as his fellow Pokemon, even if temporarily, since Ash has proven that he has a far deep connection and understanding of Pokemon than most people that may perhaps rival that of the legendary bird.

If Ash does indeed become a Pokemon Master, then I dont see any reason against the possible idea of the anime incorporating a plot device involving Ho-Oh's approval of Ash's recognition as Pokemon Master. The idea of Ho-OH letting Ash catch it temporarily only compliments his success of reaching his goal since a capture would prove to be a merit of Ash being considered a true master, sort of like a badge of honor that would be registered in his pokedex, based on consideration of the capture serving as a testament of Ho-Oh's respect of acknowledging him as a worthy trainer to be praised the title, instead of the big mystery revolving around whether or not he's a master factored solely on his own personal opinion or some ambiguous or intricate answer centered around watching Ho-OH fly over a dumb rainbow.

Of course, your more than welcome to disagree. Otherwise, lets just both agree to disagree and move on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.