• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Giovanni ain't the same thing as wanting to see Ash's dad
Maybe not, but I brought it up because it’s two things I frequently see people wanting some form of closure on before the end.

Guy100

In regards to Ash's father, the anime could reveal his identity towards the finale in a scene where Ash takes a look at his family portrait of his dad holding him as baby next to Delia and his grandfather, as he leaves from home to go on another adventure.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I'm skeptical only because it's coming from the dub VA, and it's entirely possible that she's out of the loop or behind on voicing the episodes (could very well be on the Distant Blue Sky episode). I'm not sure it will be addressed in the remaining three episodes (although anything is possible - a curveball could come!).

I just thought it was interesting that it's still a thing a lot of people care about.
I didn't say what it was hinting at. :)

For all we know, it's a hint that Distant Blue Sky is getting dubbed.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'm not that interested in seeing Ash's dad since he found a father in Kukui. What would be interesting is if an accident somehow happened to him much like Mohn.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
So is the TRio separated for good or are they conveniently going to reconcile? I felt bad for their Pokemon just watching them walk away in three opposite directions, Frillish looked really distraught, Amoongus seemed confused, and Serviper looked sort of sad, too, which is odd since it's usually a smug jerkasss if I recall correctly.

Also, I am not sure how interested in seeing Ash's Dad I would be at this point, there really isn't enough time to actually develop the character if he makes an appearance, but if he shows up and turns out to be somebody interesting rather than the loser he's implied to be by that ancient novelization then I won't be mad.

Master Pikachu 11

The team rocket episode was such a let down, the plan they had until Latias had to intervene instead of Ash actually defeating them with his Pokémon for one last time pretty much ruined the episode for me. But I’m not expecting anything else since this entire series as a whole minus the Gengar episode and Beartic episode has been one huge disappointment. It’s really sad that they decided to waste our time instead of giving us a proper closure to some characters and Pokémon

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Well since Team Rocket is going to be an afterthought in two weeks I'm goingHo to put Pokemon I would have liked them to have alongside Arbok and the others

JESSIE

Kanto

Nidorina
Jynx
Fearow

Johto

Houndoour
Sneasel
Murkrow

Hoenn

Mawile
Plusle
Bannette

Sinnoh

Gastrodon
Vespiqueen
Skorupi

Unova

Whimiscott
Vullaby
Galvantula

Kalos

Pyroar
Aromatisse
Dragalge

Alola

Lurantis
Bruxish
Salazle

Galar

Chewtle
Sandaconda
Polteageist

JAMES

Kanto

Nidorino
Growlithe
Hitmonlee

Johto

Gligar
Delibird
Octillery

Hoenn

Migthyena
Breelom
Minun

Sinnoh

Chatot
Stunky
Drifblim

Unova

Maractus
Mienfoo
Reuniculus

Kalos

Espurr
Clawitzer
Gogoat

Alola

Shinotic
Ribombe
Komala

Galar

Cramorant
Flapple
Pincurchin

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY

DuskAstral

That doesn’t really mean anything considering every Pokémon has a Terrastal form for every type.
Oh well.
It makes sense to me that the developers would rather promote the Terrastal form than let Eevee evolve.
The fact that every Pokémon has access to this special form doesn't change that.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Oh well.
It makes sense to me that the developers would rather promote the Terrastal form than let Eevee evolve.
The fact that every Pokémon has access to this special form doesn't change that.
It's nothing special to promote because every Pokemon has one. The only way it would become special is if there were special "Tera forms" that only certain Pokemon had.

ShadowForce720

Oh well.
No, it actually does, because since every Pokémon can use it, means if Eevee evolved into one of its Eeveelutions it stil be able to promote the Terrastal Phenomenon because it would still be able to Terrastalize.

Eevee Terastalize not a special thing as every Pokémon can do it every Pokémon will have the same kind of Terra Crown.

Right now there really isn’t anything special about Terrastalizing one specific Pokémon, now it’s Pokémon that the DLC could introduce new special Terrastal forms for specific Pokémon that Terrastalize to a specific type.

Sure maybe Eevee could be one of the select Pokémon that gets a special Terrastal form but at this point and time nothing is currently confirmed and Eevee hasn’t really gotten anything special in gen 9 at this moment.

Red and Blue

I don't think Terastal has any bearing on whether or not an Eevee on the new cast would evolve. It's not like Gigantamax Eevee played any part in Koharu's arc with her Eevee.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Anime usually sticks to games, so I guess this trick will only be available in Paldea.
I don't think we can make that assumption. Based on what we know so far, we need the crystal orb to activate Terastal and that orb needs to be recharged after use. So it could be like Mega or Z-Moves where it can be used outside of the region, but you wouldn't be able to recharge the crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.