• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I kinda figured it might have that move, at least it's executed differently, hopefully it'll upgrade to Aura Sphere after evolving.
Eh, I don't mind it being a staple... I was just hoping it'd have Bullet Punch instead. I know Vacuum Wave isn't necessarily treated the same way as Quick Attack in the anime, despite being just that in the game... it just seems rather lame overall regardless of animation. But like I said, if it keeps it, so be it... just hoping future Lucario doesn't get Force Palm, the real staple move of the species (Aura Sphere is too, but a Lucario without it would feel kinda gross lol)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Eh, I don't mind it being a staple... I was just hoping it'd have Bullet Punch instead. I know Vacuum Wave isn't necessarily treated the same way as Quick Attack in the anime, despite being just that in the game... it just seems rather lame overall regardless of animation. But like I said, if it keeps it, so be it... just hoping future Lucario doesn't get Force Palm, the real staple move of the species (Aura Sphere is too, but a Lucario without it would feel kinda gross lol)

So Kakui's was gross then because I know it didn't use it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
I think it's quite obvious that Ash would capture a Gallade instead of a Gardevoir, as a Psychic type that is also Fighting type would suit him better.

I don't think he'll get either one, but I'd rather see him with Sirnight since it's Psychic/Fairy and could replace Barrierd completely. People were previously saying that Satoshi is overdue for another feminine Pokemon, anyway.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuskAstral said:
Team Yell will definitely appear. It has never happened that any game criminal organization did not show up in the anime.

Well then maybe it's time for another pattern to be broken. The Yell-dan being Mary's fanbase and not really much of a threat in the games wouldn't translate well in the anime from my viewpoint. At most it would be sort of funny, but we already had a goofy villainous team in SM.

Red and Blue

Both Dragonite and Mr. Mime are in the same boat since they each only got one battle so far and we don't know when they will be used again. At least we know Gengar will battle soon

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Both Dragonite and Mr. Mime are in the same boat since they each only got one battle so far and we don't know when they will be used again. At least we know Gengar will battle soon

This.

That's why it'd be cool for a Latias or a Gible ---> Garchomp comeback, because they wouldn't even be overshadowing anything at this rate.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
With the way Riolu is and Korrina coming back, I really cannot NOT see this ending with Ash getting a Mega Ring
Ash to Greninja: I don't want you anymore. For real this time because I have an actual Mega instead of a frog that grows hair for a weird reason when I sync with you.

SatoSereFan224888

I say the egg hatches into Riolu while Gou gets Sobble. I think Ash will not be getting any Galarian starter.

Man, I have more of a problem with Garchomp pandering than Lucario pandering. I got sick of Garchomp in XY and I really don’t like its design. There’s been some Flygon advertising so I’m hoping Ash gets Flygon

With the way Riolu is and Korrina coming back, I really cannot NOT see this ending with Ash getting a Mega Ring

I don’t see a mega coming for Ash tbh. There is a clear chance though, especially since this Riolu wants to get powerful.

For a potential Lucario moveset, I’m currently seeing:

Aura Sphere
Extreme Speed
Bone Rush
Ice Punch/Hi-Jump Kick/Close Combat

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Instead of Mega Evolution I still think they will introduce G-MAX Lucario for either the DLC or Sinnoh remakes

SatoSereFan224888

Also I think it would be best if Ash & Gou went their separate paths. I feel Ash needs to go it alone but seems like that idea is going to get me blackballed here on serebii forums.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Instead of Mega Evolution I still think they will introduce G-MAX Lucario for either the DLC or Sinnoh remakes

why have Korrina use it at all then?

Besides people have made it clear, they don't want Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing going down outside of Galar (I feel it should be possible, but I get the fact that it lowers Galar's importance even further), but at the same time i'm very doubtful that all of Ash's battles and some of his big ones would be restricted to Galar alone either, given that this is a world based competition, so why not let him use the other mechanics to compensate outside of Galar's borders?

because sure there's no guarantee he'll get a mega ring, but at the same time he very well still could.

It'd be ironic though to some degree if Riolu evolves and ends up being his first mega though, considering in X/Y your first mega was indeed a Lucario, and against Korrina with one.

SerenaRulez

Riolu chose Ash because it was looking for those aura waves it felt as an egg, so when it saw ash it thought it couldn’t be him I’m going to get stronger on my own. Then felt ash’s aura, makes me wonder how his and ash’s relationship will be. When ash and riolu battle

I get this weird feeling like the writers are going to have them bond to the point where we get Ash-Lucario. :p

SerenaRulez

I feel Ash needs to go it alone but seems like that idea is going to get me blackballed here on serebii forums.

Because you keep bringing it up even though it won't happen. A lot of your ideas are unpopular because they don't make sense like how you said a little while ago that Go will get Sobble even though we know that Ash will get it instead because he asked it to join him in the trailer.

SatoSereFan224888

Because you keep bringing it up even though it won't happen. A lot of your ideas are unpopular because they don't make sense like how you said a little while ago that Go will get Sobble even though we know that Ash will get it instead because he asked it to join him in the trailer.
Yeah. I know you love Serena. While it would be nice to see her again, I wouldn't get my hopes up high. I fear something bad happened to her and her tragedy is being hidden on Ash on purpose. That would really piss me off if Serena was written off.

Status
Not open for further replies.