• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucipher

ok i re-watched episode 21 a few times to look at Riolu's battle's and this is what I got from it.
We will start with known moves.
Vacuum Wave
Tackle
Ok I have a good feeling Vacuum Wave will stay as his quick attack/set up move.
Now tackle if you look at how he does it he goes in with the shoulder. What move that Lucario knows can easily transitions to simple Look at Ash vs Alain and when Metagross use's Meteor mash you can't see it at some point Lucario trying to use tackle and is in a bad spot then it evolves the move into Meteor Mash. Riolu desperately wants to get stronger. We dont know why but we know it does so it leveling up attacks it knows into better version should be a thing.
Now i dont think a lot of you noticed but when fighting the diglets it used a kick. What move does Lucario know that is also a kick. Blaze Kick. Lets not forget that Go has Raboot who use's its kick to do its fire attacks. with Riolu's personality it will look towards it Senpai for guidance in its quest to get stronger. Dont be shocked if there is an episode Raboot takes Riolu under its wing to teach it how to do a fire kick. It also fits in Raboots personality in that its always trying to take care of other pokemon. Last reason is makes it so ash does not need to get a fire pokemon this gen.
Last move well its the Duh move Aura Sphere.

So we are left with
Lucario
Vacuum Wave (Mid Range/Quick Strikes)
Meteor Mash (Move to get into close range)
Aura Sphere(Range Bomb)
Blaze Kick(Close combat move that also gives a 3rd coverage attack)

Hanto

Water Addiction
ok i re-watched episode 21 a few times to look at Riolu's battle's and this is what I got from it.
We will start with known moves.
Vacuum Wave
Tackle
Ok I have a good feeling Vacuum Wave will stay as his quick attack/set up move.
Now tackle if you look at how he does it he goes in with the shoulder. What move that Lucario knows can easily transitions to simple Look at Ash vs Alain and when Metagross use's Meteor mash you can't see it at some point Lucario trying to use tackle and is in a bad spot then it evolves the move into Meteor Mash. Riolu desperately wants to get stronger. We dont know why but we know it does so it leveling up attacks it knows into better version should be a thing.
Now i dont think a lot of you noticed but when fighting the diglets it used a kick. What move does Lucario know that is also a kick. Blaze Kick. Lets not forget that Go has Raboot who use's its kick to do its fire attacks. with Riolu's personality it will look towards it Senpai for guidance in its quest to get stronger. Dont be shocked if there is an episode Raboot takes Riolu under its wing to teach it how to do a fire kick. It also fits in Raboots personality in that its always trying to take care of other pokemon. Last reason is makes it so ash does not need to get a fire pokemon this gen.
Last move well its the Duh move Aura Sphere.

So we are left with
Lucario
Vacuum Wave (Mid Range/Quick Strikes)
Meteor Mash (Move to get into close range)
Aura Sphere(Range Bomb)
Blaze Kick(Close combat move that also gives a 3rd coverage attack)
I guess Vacuum Wave will evolve into Aura Sphere when Riolu became Lucario. They are both the wave energy moves, but Aura Sphere is more compressed and dense one.

Zariful

Also, I was right. They did acknowledge that Ash has Aura abilities, which I said that they had to if Ash was going to get a Riolu in order to keep this series in continuity with the past.
Just because they planned on doing this from the get go since they've acknowledged continuity before, doesn't make your ridiculous statement right. It just means it was significantly likely because of the nature of Riolu as a pokemon. Regardless of if they did/didn't acknowledge Aura, your statement wouldn't have been right. It was always canon. Aura was not a factor in whether this was an alternate reality or not. The moment Ash mentioned Lt.Surge in 18 already proved that. So no once again you're wrong.

lucipher

I guess Vacuum Wave will evolve into Aura Sphere when Riolu became Lucario. They are both the wave energy moves, but Aura Sphere is more compressed and dense one.
Thats if you dont take function into account. Take a look at Pikachu it has always known 2 Electric Moves like Shockwave(Quick electric attack) ThunderBolt more of a charge ultimate move. Then it learned Volt Tackle now it knows ElectroWeb and Thunderbolt. People keep saying Vacuum Wave becomes Aura Sphere not taking into account that They dont function the same. One is a Quick beam attack like Thundershock while the other is a Nuke/ultimate attack Aura Sphere

Juaquin

The Chosen One
i feel like you guys are giving too much thought into ash's riolu/lucario moveset, most of his pokemon usually have 2 primary type moves a long and short range attack, a versatile move, and type coverage move or a powerful attack
i can see happening
-Aura sphere
-Force palm
-Extreme speed
-steel beam (gen 8 promo priority)

Samurott

What do we think about Ash doing both the PWC and Galar gyms this time around and having two different teams? Ash mentioned wanting to catch a lot of Pokemon. Also it seems like Lt. Surge and Visquez are doing both gym leader duties and participating in the PWC. I can understand Riolu being part of the PWC because of his bond with Ash boosting his aura, but I can't really picture Sobble as an Inteleon being on the same league as Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario when the time comes. His PWC team could focus on Pokemon and the types he missed out on his previous adventures along with some reserves.

PWC:
Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Tyranitar
Absol
Gogoat
Alolan Sandslash

Galar:
Pikachu
Inteleon
Appletun/Rillaboom (if Koharu doesn't catch Grookey)
Centiskorch
Toxitricity (Amped Form)
Dragapult

Other:
Rowlet to Decidueye (could fill up his Grass slot for Galar)
Gible to Garchomp (could take up a PWC slot)

The only overlap I could see is Riolu competing in gyms and Dragapult competing in the PWC.

Also, the Onix that Riolu fought had some interesting moves, and the fact that the battle wasn't completed made me believe it could come back, but that's just wishful thinking. We know that Ash having Dragonite means he can get some of the same Pokemon as his friends, but for their starter Pokemon, that trend hasn't been broken yet, so who knows.

One last thing, I'm not really into discussing movesets in a capture speculation thread and I don't like making wishlists, but I really hope they give Lucario a DBZ style moveset with Aura Sphere, Extreme Speed, Close Combat, and Flash Cannon.

nickdt

What do we think about Ash doing both the PWC and Galar gyms this time around and having two different teams? Ash mentioned wanting to catch a lot of Pokemon. Also it seems like Lt. Surge and Visquez are doing both gym leader duties and participating in the PWC. I can understand Riolu being part of the PWC because of his bond with Ash boosting his aura, but I can't really picture Sobble as an Inteleon being on the same league as Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario when the time comes. His PWC team could focus on Pokemon and the types he missed out on his previous adventures along with some reserves.

PWC:
Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Tyranitar
Absol
Gogoat
Alolan Sandslash

Galar:
Pikachu
Inteleon
Appletun/Rillaboom (if Koharu doesn't catch Grookey)
Centiskorch
Toxitricity (Amped Form)
Dragapult

Other:
Rowlet to Decidueye (could fill up his Grass slot for Galar)
Gible to Garchomp (could take up a PWC slot)

The only overlap I could see is Riolu competing in gyms and Dragapult competing in the PWC.

Also, the Onix that Riolu fought had some interesting moves, and the fact that the battle wasn't completed made me believe it could come back, but that's just wishful thinking. We know that Ash having Dragonite means he can get some of the same Pokemon as his friends, but for their starter Pokemon, that trend hasn't been broken yet, so who knows.

One last thing, I'm not really into discussing movesets in a capture speculation thread and I don't like making wishlists, but I really hope they give Lucario a DBZ style moveset with Aura Sphere, Extreme Speed, Close Combat, and Flash Cannon.

There is literally no way Ash is gonna do the gym run in Galar, since that would have been the primary focus and the PWC the secondary focus. And even then: There is no way a Galar mon isn't gonna participate in the PWC either.

Red and Blue

He is already going to fight gym leaders in the WC if Raihan is anything to go by. There is literally no need for him to do another badge quest

Master Pikachu 11

In recent merchandise, it was shown Tyranitar and Butterfree. I truly hope Tyranitar will be Ash's Larvitar returning in evolved form. But I can't stop thinking about Butterfree. Before you say it, yes, I know it MIGHT be Go's Pokemon, but Go is capturing so many Pokemon (many of them too easy), that it's impossible to give protagonism to all of them. Raboot, Golurk and a few more are remarkable, but all the others have almost no interest. When a Pokemon appears in merchandise, is because it's going to have an important role; and having so many Pokemon, it's difficult for almost any of Go's Pokemon to be protagonist. Therefore, I believe that Butterfree could actually be Ash's.

I could say it's Ash's original Butterfree, but it wouldn't have sense, because having his own family, it doesn't have sense for Butterfre to leave it behind just to return with Ash. It's more possible it can be the second Butterfree he befriended back in the Decorola Islands. Either way, the reason for Ash to have a Butterfree again would be because the introduction of its Gigantamax's Form. Go is not really interested in Battles, so I doubt he will get the power to Dynamax/Gigantamax. Ash is the only option. Also, considering Ash has a Kingler, it's possible this Pokemon will return too in a Gigantamax Form.
Look I know that you want Butterfree to return to Ash, but it will not come back, I expect Go to be the one that will showcase Cinderace’s G max form and it can also be possible that Butterfree G max form will also be showcased by Go. The writers have no reason to bring it back and they won’t bring it back because it has a family and there is no way for it to be located because it went away to start a family. Ash’s other Pokémon that were released have a good chance of coming back then Butterfree. Just because Go has some 1 stage Pokémon of Ash’s doesn’t mean that they are going to share the same Pokémon. If his 1 stage Pokémon do not evolve then Ash’s Pokémon have a chance to appear. There is a reason that Go didn’t get a Dragonite and Gengar it’s because Ash owns them and they are not going to double the same Pokémon because that will feel redundant. It’s also a reason that you will not see Ash with a Scorbunny because it’s Go’s partner. Anyway the merchandise is hinting at Go’s Butterfree because he is a main character and they are not going to just show Ash’s Pokémon only in the merchandise.

World Turtle

Just because they planned on doing this from the get go since they've acknowledged continuity before, doesn't make your ridiculous statement right. It just means it was significantly likely because of the nature of Riolu as a pokemon. Regardless of if they did/didn't acknowledge Aura, your statement wouldn't have been right. It was always canon. Aura was not a factor in whether this was an alternate reality or not. The moment Ash mentioned Lt.Surge in 18 already proved that. So no once again you're wrong.

Also adding to this, everyone has aura. I cannot stress this enough. It is literally the life-force or life-energy of all living things. Ash having aura isn't special in that regard.

Ash wasn't demonstrating any unique aura abilities either. What we saw was Riolu seeing Ash's aura getting pumped up for battle and seeing his excitement and passion. His determination to never give up. That's what drew Riolu to Ash. Aura alone wasn't the only factor.

Egakor

Also adding to this, everyone has aura. I cannot stress this enough. It is literally the life-force or life-energy of all living things. Ash having aura isn't special in that regard.

Ash wasn't demonstrating any unique aura abilities either. What we saw was Riolu seeing Ash's aura getting pumped up for battle and seeing his excitement and passion. His determination to never give up. That's what drew Riolu to Ash. Aura alone wasn't the only factor.
Why don’t you guys just give up on RileyXY1? He’s hopeless at this point. Just let him live in his own world. Arguing with him is useless because he would never listen to anyone’s opinion.

Master Pikachu 11

Why don’t you guys just give up on RileyXY1? He’s hopeless at this point. Just let him live in his own world. Arguing with him is useless because he would never listen to anyone’s opinion.
Plus the fact that he is always wrong on his predictions means that when it comes to Ash’s team the opposite will come true as he doesn’t believe that Ash will get a Galar starter and it looks like that he will. He also doesn’t believe that Ash will rotate and keep a team of just 6 so expect that to be wrong as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong I think this is the third character with Aura similar to Ash. First it was Sir Aaron, which might not be canon, then that Aura Sphere Riolu from DP and now this one. It is like having similar frequency. Go can also get a Riolu with Aura similar to him.

Also Ash doesn't connect with every Riolu or Lucario because their Aura are not similar to his.

That's like a super power. We can use his predictions to our advantage xD

Can someone tell me why did fandom wished so much for Satoshi to own Riolu / Lucario?

It's not easy to answer that question. It starts with Ash getting Lucario because of its appearance in that movie along with how Ash used Sir Aaron's gloves to use Aura. But it doesn't end there. Stick around and you will figure out for yourself.

Snupiks

Dunno, I would've understood if people wanted for Butterfree, and Pidgeot to return, or Porygon to get unbanned, but this...

Don't even get me started with Mewtwo.

Nodame

Misty <3
Well he already has Gible so Garchomp wouldn't be so surprising. I think I would rather see Cynthia appear with her own Garchomp instead just because I really liked her character and want an excuse to see her again. :p
With the way the anime is going, it seems like a completely new story without any connection to the previous Gens, so I doubt we'll see any old characters anytime soon.

Sword master zacian

I agree everybody has aura and can feel aura like in xy series when battle of mrga lucario vs mega lucario took place even bonnie said she could feel the aura that lucario was throwing.korrina also felt her lucario aura. It is a common one

But for ash aura emitting from him is high maybe that is why riolu gave liking to ash.

It is enough of lucario/riolu
Ash caught it
For movest we have to wait for sone episodes for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.