• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword master zacian

Now the trend which i really hope break in this series is ash getting old gen starter along with new sobble and grookey
Many of ash companion like may,dawn and kiawe had a starter pokemon which ash already had and even at same evo. Stage like quilava and charizard
Let ash get any other gen starter as well with new

Sword master zacian

I wonder whenever ash and go learns about pkm contests and went to see it
Which one would return
Serena
May
Dawn
Drew
Harley
Or maybe other
Or maybe only cotd
Or they didn't learn about it

dman_dustin

That's what drew Riolu to Ash. Aura alone wasn't the only factor.

I disagree with this because the episode's title is literally aura guiding (or Japanese wise Wave Guiding). Which means aura heavily played a role here. I don't think the Pokemon that relates to Aura cares about about Ash's determination because that's not it was picking up at least the way it was portrayed,

At the very least I think people might be misunderstanding what was going on, or rather what the deal is with Aura. I don't know how other people define aura or its uses, but it seems clear to me that when Ash is battling he produces Aura, which is why the egg reacted the way it did when Pikachu was battling Tauros. Plus it makes sense given all the characters we've seen who have praised Ash or even his Pokemon if while they couldn't sense it directly or see it, but could feel the effects of Aura. In other words Ash's determination "never give up" could easily manifest into Aura being produced.

When Riolu hatched, it was looking for something, but wasn't finding it, attacked Ash because Riolu doesn't like to be touched and then ran away. It's not until Ash battles against Onix and Ash produces those same waves as with Tauros was how Riolu recognized that feeling from before. Which had to be aura.

Remember the Japanese call aura "waves" what was produced by Ash and Pikachu against Tauros and Onix? Waves, so its pretty clear it was Aura.

Now to be fair, I'm not dismissing that the Aura didn't have something embedded inside it which appealed to Riolu, like you're saying "Never give up attitude" but I don't think "Never give up attitude" is all that would've taken.

Plus I disagree with the idea that Aura is this empty energy as you appear to imply it is with "Aura alone wasn't the factor" I doubt Aura can be considered empty. I'm pretty sure Aura is jam packed with whatever the user innately would be putting into as such the Pokedex of Riolu says "Riolu has the power to see and understand emotions like happiness and anger in aura waves" which means in my perspective Aura isn't empty, it's more of a vessel that contains the emotions/memories/etc of the person with said aura.

So yes you could argue that Riolu connected to Ash because of his attitude to never give up but ONLY as a core component of what was included in his Aura that was being emitted. Ash's attitude alone doesn't mean anything if he couldn't convey this through aura. Since this episode at least suggested that Ash is actually producing Aura when he fights, or pushing out his aura in a notable way, and that Aura isn't this innate state of being that at least Riolu could pick up which would've been the default conclusion. But since Riolu saw nothing from Ash when it hatched (so it was definitely not a distance thing), either Riolu is incapable of actually detecting or sensing latent aura or Aura is something that can only be emitted in certain situations, while staring at a Pokemon doesn't qualify, unless you are very passionate about something and emitting aura which clearly wasn't the case.

So Ash was using Aura in context that he was more properly emitting it when he was battling Tauros/Onix than at the time Riolu hatched.

If it wanted to survive, yes.

LMAO

I meant was it necessary to promote Draco Meteor if it had no effect on the opponent because it dodged.

Not really a good selling point for Draco Meteor if the opponent can easily dodge it.

Gamefreak/Nintendo: Give your Gible Draco Meteor, and watch how the opponent dodges and then takes out your Gible. BUY OUR GAMES NOW TO EXPERIENCE THIS AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!!

SerenaRulez

With the way the anime is going, it seems like a completely new story without any connection to the previous Gens, so I doubt we'll see any old characters anytime soon.

That's what I thought too but we're getting Korrina soon and Lance came back a while ago. I think that some more old characters will appear if they're popular enough with fans.

Ash-Greninja4life

What do we think about Ash doing both the PWC and Galar gyms this time around and having two different teams? Ash mentioned wanting to catch a lot of Pokemon. Also it seems like Lt. Surge and Visquez are doing both gym leader duties and participating in the PWC. I can understand Riolu being part of the PWC because of his bond with Ash boosting his aura, but I can't really picture Sobble as an Inteleon being on the same league as Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario when the time comes. His PWC team could focus on Pokemon and the types he missed out on his previous adventures along with some reserves.

PWC:
Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Tyranitar
Absol
Gogoat
Alolan Sandslash

Galar:
Pikachu
Inteleon
Appletun/Rillaboom (if Koharu doesn't catch Grookey)
Centiskorch
Toxitricity (Amped Form)
Dragapult

Other:
Rowlet to Decidueye (could fill up his Grass slot for Galar)
Gible to Garchomp (could take up a PWC slot)

The only overlap I could see is Riolu competing in gyms and Dragapult competing in the PWC.

Also, the Onix that Riolu fought had some interesting moves, and the fact that the battle wasn't completed made me believe it could come back, but that's just wishful thinking. We know that Ash having Dragonite means he can get some of the same Pokemon as his friends, but for their starter Pokemon, that trend hasn't been broken yet, so who knows.

One last thing, I'm not really into discussing movesets in a capture speculation thread and I don't like making wishlists, but I really hope they give Lucario a DBZ style moveset with Aura Sphere, Extreme Speed, Close Combat, and Flash Cannon.

Ash’s strongest Pokemon he’s captured this series I would say is Gengar, it’s move set alone is awesome and it had a trainer and battled before Ash.

Dragonite is a strong Pokemon but only recently evolved and I believe only has 3 moves so someone inexperienced in the battle front.

You said that Inteleon and Lucario couldn’t be on the same team but say Ash catches Sobble in the next couple episodes, Riolu has just hatched from an egg and Sobble is likely more developed than it. So by the time Sobble comes along, it and Riolu would probably be at similar stages. And if Sobble evolvea as quickly as we expect to Drizzle and Riolu is still Riolu, it will be stronger.

Lucario could be boosted by its Aura links to Ash, but Inteleon should be around a similar ‘level’ to it

World Turtle

I disagree with this because the episode's title is literally aura guiding (or Japanese wise Wave Guiding). Which means aura heavily played a role here. I don't think the Pokemon that relates to Aura cares about about Ash's determination because that's not it was picking up at least the way it was portrayed,

At the very least I think people might be misunderstanding what was going on, or rather what the deal is with Aura. I don't know how other people define aura or its uses, but it seems clear to me that when Ash is battling he produces Aura, which is why the egg reacted the way it did when Pikachu was battling Tauros. Plus it makes sense given all the characters we've seen who have praised Ash or even his Pokemon if while they couldn't sense it directly or see it, but could feel the effects of Aura. In other words Ash's determination "never give up" could easily manifest into Aura being produced.

When Riolu hatched, it was looking for something, but wasn't finding it, attacked Ash because Riolu doesn't like to be touched and then ran away. It's not until Ash battles against Onix and Ash produces those same waves as with Tauros was how Riolu recognized that feeling from before. Which had to be aura.

Remember the Japanese call aura "waves" what was produced by Ash and Pikachu against Tauros and Onix? Waves, so its pretty clear it was Aura.

Now to be fair, I'm not dismissing that the Aura didn't have something embedded inside it which appealed to Riolu, like you're saying "Never give up attitude" but I don't think "Never give up attitude" is all that would've taken.

Plus I disagree with the idea that Aura is this empty energy as you appear to imply it is with "Aura alone wasn't the factor" I doubt Aura can be considered empty. I'm pretty sure Aura is jam packed with whatever the user innately would be putting into as such the Pokedex of Riolu says "Riolu has the power to see and understand emotions like happiness and anger in aura waves" which means in my perspective Aura isn't empty, it's more of a vessel that contains the emotions/memories/etc of the person with said aura.

So yes you could argue that Riolu connected to Ash because of his attitude to never give up but ONLY as a core component of what was included in his Aura that was being emitted. Ash's attitude alone doesn't mean anything if he couldn't convey this through aura. Since this episode at least suggested that Ash is actually producing Aura when he fights, or pushing out his aura in a notable way, and that Aura isn't this innate state of being that at least Riolu could pick up which would've been the default conclusion. But since Riolu saw nothing from Ash when it hatched (so it was definitely not a distance thing), either Riolu is incapable of actually detecting or sensing latent aura or Aura is something that can only be emitted in certain situations, while staring at a Pokemon doesn't qualify, unless you are very passionate about something and emitting aura which clearly wasn't the case.

So Ash was using Aura in context that he was more properly emitting it when he was battling Tauros/Onix than at the time Riolu hatched.

LMAO

I meant was it necessary to promote Draco Meteor if it had no effect on the opponent because it dodged.

Not really a good selling point for Draco Meteor if the opponent can easily dodge it.

Gamefreak/Nintendo: Give your Gible Draco Meteor, and watch how the opponent dodges and then takes out your Gible. BUY OUR GAMES NOW TO EXPERIENCE THIS AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!!

I guess I didn’t explain my thought process very well.
Because rereading it and the points you brought up... yeah. Though just to be clear I wasn’t implying aura was an empty energy.

What I meant was since every thing alive has aura so it wasn’t Ash having aura in of itself that resonated with Riolu. It was all the things that make Ash who he is and that emits or manifests most strongly through his aura during a battle that resonated with Riolu.

I hope that makes more sense.

kickachu

Momentai!
Okay here's my prediction of the new series
Ash
1.Pikachu-done
2.Dragonite - will battle and learn moves like toxic, fly, surf, and focus punch
3. Gengar- will lesen poison moves like sluge bomb and poison jab
4. Riolu-Lucario- Since Riolu will evolve soon why not give it moves that will help it stand out from previous lucario owned by rivals such as ice punch, bulldoze and protect
5. Mr mime- won't battle much unless on certain occasions
6. Sobble-Drizzle-Inteleon- will start as a cry baby until it gains experience and become confident as it evolves
7. Grookey- Glutten pokemon of the series
8. Eevee-Umbreon/Sylveon- first pure dark type that any main character owned not including rivals like Gary/ ash's first fairy type caught and a way to increase amourshipping like they did with Negaishipping
9. Tyranitar- lots of suprises have happened in this series and if larvitar returns it'll be one of them

One last thing, I'm not really into discussing movesets in a capture speculation thread and I don't like making wishlists, but I really hope they give Lucario a DBZ style moveset with Aura Sphere, Extreme Speed, Close Combat, and Flash Cannon.

Now that I think about it, we can actually see some DBZ kind of action if we do get DP remakes. But I would rather have the real Goku mon for that.

LMAO

I think the whole point of Gible being in that battle was to show how strong it was. It might have lost the battle but it almost took out a mythical that others were struggling against.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
but I can't really picture Sobble as an Inteleon being on the same league as Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario when the time comes.

This right here is the exact reason why I actually want Sobble to join Ash's Team.

It might lead to some interesting development for Sobble if it's on Ash's team.

Gengar, Dragonite, and Pikachu are already OP while Riolu just hatched and it's already a Prodigy.

Sobble would essentially be a Normie surrounded by a bunch of Famous Powerful Pokemon.

Sobble's development could be starting out as a weakling feeling pressured to get as Strong as the rest of it's Shillmon Teammates.

Think Rock Lee from Naruto only except not handled horrendously

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
What I meant was since every thing alive has aura so it wasn’t Ash having aura in of itself that resonated with Riolu. It was all the things that make Ash who he is and that emits or manifests most strongly through his aura during a battle that resonated with Riolu.

I hope that makes more sense.

Not him, but I do understand your point. However, the thing is, that riolu is strictly battle oriented and couldn't even recognize Ash at first without feel some "aura battle pulse" from him or whatever. The dog "imprinted" Ash's aura when he was battling, if I understood well, and at least it looks like it'll listen if it's battle related. The selfish behavior will probably be the drawback there, so I hope this will be solved before it evolves.

By its arrogant attitude, it's almost like was Paul who sent the egg to Ash like a fool easter egg.

Image the salt if he doesnt catch Sobble
I'll pick up a bowl, then, I'm out of salt lately. Eh, at least the future episodes' preview implies he will.

Decidueye23

While its great for continuity that korrina is rerurning, i really do want ash to challenge all the galar characters. And i do hope bede and marnie show up as recurring characters as well.

I dont want any gym leaders except drayden to come back, i d rather they use that space with galar gym leaders. Most gym leaders have had satisfactoey battles with ash.

And since galar leaders will show up in the PWC, they can come with their stringest teams. Would be so cool if ash caught sobble in Nessa's town or something.

Neylia

With most patterns being broken this time around so far all predictions for Ash that have (or seemingly will) come true (Sobble) can be found on the first poster. With other merchandise coming out to support certain catch theories. Since the poster was changed to reflect Raboot, I believe it the best predictor untill a new one with a different background comes out.

Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario and Sobble are all on the poster. So are Mr. Mime and Pikachu. There are plenty of other early generation Pokemon that Ash does not have on this poster. Even though I would like Ash to catch a Tyrannitar for example, I don't see it happening as I don't see it anywhere on the poster. I find Absol, Zoroark, Flygon, Rhyperior, Mammoswine, Blaziken, Gardevoir more likely until this catch-it-provided-its-on-the-poster pattern breaks. Some of these species would also cover Tyrannitars type.

The Pokemon I reasonably predict (not counting Sobble) are:
- Eevee (it and 3(?) of it's evolutions are on the poster - Mr. Mime seems to take a backseat again so I think Espeon would be cool, I don't really expect Umbreon/Glaceon)
- Zoroark/Absol (pure dark)
- Grooky
- Corviknight

There will likely be more captures based off current capture rates, type coverage + Ash saying he wants to catch lots.

Even though a pretty fast evolution is expected. It looks like Riolu needs some development when it comes to understanding friendship. It has just hatched and it became pretty evident that friendship does not rank highest on his priority list.

I do hope for the return of some of Ash's old Pokemon. I don't actually believe all will be used/shown/addressed. Here too I somehow believe it is mostly the poster that can be used for predictions. There seem to be 16 Pokemon that Ash has/had. Most of those are on the right side which may hint to later use/visits. Quite a few are in need of development (Gible and 7 starters). If any return I hope they don't care about types overlapping with new or other old catches. I know I don't.
I don't expect to see Butterfree, Primeape (what a beast he was) or Lapras again amongst many other that are actual considered reserves. I want to be proven wrong on his reserves as those on the poster are far from my favorites (Gen 1/2 and Goomy/Noibat excluded). But no way to tell what's going on there untill one makes an appearance.

I also think it's sort of strange how none of the Pokemon in the poster (except for Raboot) are part of Go's caught Pokemon currently. Mantyke could evolve but even then it still seems more like the bit from the Ruin-episode which is also on the poster. This contributes to me looking at that for Ash's captures.

I would like to see any of these poster-predictions be disproven/broken by the anime so I can move on from being so focussed on it. I wanted that poster to change more when Scorbunny evolved lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.