• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-Greninja4life

Ash needs a break from catching Pokémon now.
Having a full team of 6 at this point is not a bad thing for Ash. And there might be more 3vs3 battles and 6vs6 battles coming up perhaps. Because of how many battles there will be in the series, him catching a lot of Pokemon is a good thing as long as they all get a chance (which is why I made my earlier point about having a problem with Pikachu having been used in the 3 previous PWC battles)

He can easily rotate his new and old Pokemon and make all kinds of amazing team combinations hopefully!

Plus as Kenzey said, we basically have confirmation that Ash will capture Sobble and it will likely be in the next 3/4 episodes as well, potentially after Korrina.

After that Sobble and Riolu will probably Evolve before he gets a new Pokemon, unless he brings back Lycanroc in an Alola episode.

Sidagam

For Lucarios moveset I'd like to see

Vacuum Wave - Aura Sphere
Quick Attack - Extreme Speed
Metal Claw - Meteor Mash, although I wouldn't mind Metal Claw staying as I do enjoy those melee attack type battles (think Ash-Greninja V Mega Sceptile with Cut, Aerial Ace v Dragon Claw/ Leaf blade)

Last move is harder to pick. I'd be fine with Blaze Kick, Steel Beam, Stone Edge or Dragon Pulse

Really hoping they Mega this as well, after Ash's battle with Korrina acts as inspiration

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
What's the possibility of Brandon returning with a full Regi team?
Regirock
Registeel
Regice
The 2 new Regi Pokemon
Regigigas

I don't see this being particularly likely, however I could imagine him being the character they bring back when showcasing the new Regis within their temples. They dragged him in for the Regigigas gig when he had no place being in Sinnoh, after all..

World Turtle

Update to my Ash and Gou capture rate comparison. Again, Not counting Pikachu and Scorbunny since they’re the boys starters.

Episode 6: Gou catches 12 Pokémon
Total: 12
Episode 7: Mr. Mime officially joins Ash’s team
Total: 1
Episode 7-10: Gou catches 10 Pokémon
Total: 22
Episode 10: Ash catches Dragonite
Total: 2
Episode 13-15: Gou catches 5 Pokémon
Total: 27
Episode 16: Ash catches Gengar
Total: 3
Episode 17-21: Gou catches 11 Pokémon
Total: 38
Episode 21: Ash catches Lucario
Total: 4

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So Kakui's was gross then because I know it didn't use it.
Touche sir... his Lucario only used 3 moves though, so its possible it still possessed the move

Master Pikachu 11

Ash needs a break from catching Pokémon now.
No he doesn’t, after the last two series of having to watch him not have a full team for the entire season. This is finally a change of pace that he could finally get a complete team for a change. Then there won’t be these long talks about when his next capture is going to appear and us having to wait a long time for.

dman_dustin

No he doesn’t, after the last two series of having to watch him not have a full team for the entire season. This is finally a change of pace that he could finally get a complete team for a change. Then there won’t be these long talks about when his next capture is going to appear and us having to wait a long time for.

Imagine Ash catching a Pokemon every 5 or so episodes until the end of the series. LOL.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You know. I'm kind of hoping we'll get at least 1-2 episodes focusing on Renji & Kikuna some time in the future. Out of all the characters in the series (both the humans & the pokemon), they've had little to no development whatsoever, aside from Go's recent catches.

While they're not considered main characters (or even borderline protagonists like Koharu), I'd like to learn a little more about them for a change to see them as more than just Prof. Sakuragi's assistants.

ShinyCharyZard

I really wouldn't mind Ash retrieving Lycanroc, if the ending is anything to go by..

Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu, Sobble, Grookey and Lycanroc (and Mr Mime if you seriously count it as a fully fledged team member) seem like a pretty okay pool of Pokemon to work with, plus reserves if he's going to be taken seriously in later stages of this tournament..

Plus it'd be pretty cool for Go to start seeing some of Ash's older Pokemon. He's already amazed by everything he's done, so to see his other accomplishments would be decent.. especially if they then visit Kalos and come across Greninja, since Ash can kind of merge with it and all..

Jibanyan

Why would they give Ash Lycanroc as a member of his team over Melmeltan, Naganadel or Incineroar which had less screentime? Incineroar did nothing(as Incineroar) And they want to give Ash an old Pokemon then why not Grneinja which is more popular. I like Lycanroc but it shouldn't be a permanent member again.

World Turtle

Tbh I’m expecting this current saga due to simply being titled “Pocket Monsters” and no secondary title like “Best Wishes” to go on a lot longer than 3-4 years. With the world tour format I could see them incorporate Gen 9 and then start a new series for Gen 10/ 30th anniversary.

So I’m thinking this saga might last for seven years in total.

ShinyCharyZard

Tbh I’m expecting this current saga due to simply being titled “Pocket Monsters” and no secondary title like “Best Wishes” to go on a lot longer than 3-4 years. With the world tour format I could see them incorporate Gen 9 and then start a new series for Gen 10/ 30th anniversary.

So I’m thinking this saga might last for seven years in total.

Very doubtful, since Ash's aim of the current saga is to battle Leon, the champion of generation 8.. The likelihood of Ash's gen 9 goal being to battle the gen 8 champion is slim to none in my opinion..

ShinyCharyZard

Beating Leon just gets replace with "Beating the Gen 9 Champion".

Unless they plan on having Leon get randomly defeated after bigging him up, at which point Ash simply drops his whole Gigantamax battle with Leon target (after obtaining the D-max band from him specifically), to make it a "insert gen 9 gimmick" battle with the next champion, then I just can't see it..

World Turtle

Unless they plan on having Leon get randomly defeated after bigging him up, at which point Ash simply drops his whole Gigantamax battle with Leon target (after obtaining the D-max band from him specifically), to make it a "insert gen 9 gimmick" battle with the next champion, then I just can't see it..

I was thinking Ash beats Leon and then loses to the Gen 9 Champion in the Master Class tournament.

dman_dustin

That would require creating a new format and thus a new series.

Leon: Ash, you've done it, you've become the world's strongest trainer.......or you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face one more trainer...but first you must start from scratch and go to a new region with just your Pikachu which will be reset by the legendary electric type Pokemon that I currently don't know the name of. You will then have to rise through the gyms and challenges with your new Pokemon, defeat the Pokemon league then challenge the Elite Four and then the champion the real strongest trainer in the world. I never did it because I don't want to lose, and resetting means you lose, so I settled for PWC champion and Galar Champion. But you Ash, you are on your way to be a Pokemon master, you can accept loss where I cannot. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.