• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

If Marnie ever becomes a prominent character in the anime that trope may come back between her and Ash

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Weird question: Is this finally the season where they break free from the "Is he your boyfriend?" trope? It's been done with every Pokegirl.

Misty: Literally everyone shipped her with Ash.
May: Some people shipped them in the beginning with Ash then it was her and Drew.
Dawn: Lyra shipped her and Ash.
Iris: Cylan tried to imply it a couple of times.
Serena: Come on, this one is obvious.
Lana: Her sisters shipped her and Ash.
I think yes, Koharu and Ash hardly interact.
But, I think it would be funny if Koharu’s lil bro or mom shipp her and Go, since they're childhood friends XP

Sword master zacian

That's why I don't want that Go catch an Alcremie, I don’t wanna see one of my favorites pokémon becoming a blank background "character" :/
Okay dude i Too don't want go to wander around any of the op galar pokemon like dreepy line,rookiedee line,starter lines especially sobble ones,cufant/its evo/kubfu-utshifu/snom-frosmoth
Okay he can mess around with skwovet,greedent,blipbug line,rolycoly lines,silicobra line ,indeedee,morpeko,eiscue,especiall pincurchin it has go's face on it,stonejouner,falinks and galarian yamask/runerigus no other mon i want for go to catch as almost no one really cares about them except pincurchin noooooooo morpeko

Ash should have got scorbunny :(

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kawaii Emolga said:
That's why I don't want that Go catch an Alcremie, I don’t wanna see one of my favorites pokémon becoming a blank background "character" :/

I suppose that's fair, although that's the fate of pretty much every Pokemon not caught by Satoshi since he's pretty much the only character these days who showcases his Pokemon a lot.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pkjoan said:
Weird question: Is this finally the season where they break free from the "Is he your boyfriend?" trope? It's been done with every Pokegirl.

Misty: Literally everyone shipped her with Ash.
May: Some people shipped them in the beginning with Ash then it was her and Drew.
Dawn: Lyra shipped her and Ash.
Iris: Cylan tried to imply it a couple of times.
Serena: Come on, this one is obvious.
Lana: Her sisters shipped her and Ash.

I want Koharu to have more interactions with Satoshi so that we can see them become real friends, but I wouldn't want this trope to happen since it's played out and stale. False romance drama can be funny sometimes, but usually in this anime it just ends up irritating me.

ShadowForce720

Will ash pokemon reserves come back which go has a duplicate of?

May having Bulbasaur and Squirtle didn’t stop Ash’s Bulbasaur and Squirtle from returning nor did Dawn’s Cyndaquil prevent Ash’s Cyndaquil from returning.

So I don’t see why Go having a Pokémon that Ash has had would prevent Ash’s Pokémon from returning when it’s not like we would constantly see the 2 Pokémon together.

Decidueye23

The starter yiu get can gigantamax. I wonder if ash will just catch the final forms of a few galar mons who can gigantamax like corviknight etc

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The starter yiu get can gigantamax. I wonder if ash will just catch the final forms of a few galar mons who can gigantamax like corviknight etc
Well all the Gigantamax forms seem to be bound for an appearance eventually. Then again not every Z-move from SM was showcased, the psychic type one was missing entirely so I could be wrong.

Sword master zacian

Hope ash gets cinderace huh okay he won't get it until they make an epsidoe like ash and go understand species of each other pkm and go catch pikachu and ash scorbunny
atleast he should get corviknight,toxtricity,inteleon,rillaboom,urshifu

Decidueye23

Hope ash gets cinderace huh okay he won't get it until they make an epsidoe like ash and go understand species of each other pkm and go catch pikachu and ash scorbunny

With raboot pretty much sticking with go, as goh's only probable ace i dont think ash is getting cinderace. Not maybe till goh is out of the picture at the minimum. I do hope he gets corviknight and toxtricity. I know most people would not want this but i wiuld like him to get a hatterene and a grimmsnarl as well. Ones that develop a rivalry with bede and marnie's respective ones.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sword master zacian said:

If anyone will have Aceburn, it's almost certainly going to be Gou later in the series. Satoshi using the fully evolved form of Gou's main Pokemon wouldn't sit right with me.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Go might as well be called the bug collector because majority of his Pokémon that he has captured are bugs. lol

To be fair, the franchise is sort of inspired by the bug collecting hobby japanese kids have so it doesn't surprise me. The episode Go goes on a catching spree has him and Ash act pretty much like young bugs hunting some bugs.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Just going to put this out there: If Gengar isn’t the last Gen 1 pkmn Ash will catch for this series, I want to see the Rhyhorn line in his hands with him eventually owning Rhyperior. He even originally wanted to catch a Rhyhorn in the safari zone but he got screwed over thanks to the random Tauros that keep popping up.

Leonhart

Imagineer
aipomadvanceshipper said:
I wanted ash to catch an arcanine random but since the 1st opening I thought they’d be good pair

I remember thinking that he was going to get one in the Windie episode from the Battle Frontier arc, but that ended up being an almost pointless episode. I wouldn't mind if Satoshi gets a Windie now I suppose, but a lot of fans are getting tired of the constant Kanto pandering, so maybe he'd be better off with a different Fire-type.

Status
Not open for further replies.