• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I remember thinking that he was going to get one in the Windie episode from the Battle Frontier arc, but that ended up being an almost pointless episode. I wouldn't mind if Satoshi gets a Windie now I suppose, but a lot of fans are getting tired of the constant Kanto pandering, so maybe he'd be better off with a different Fire-type.
considering that Ash is basically guaranteed to get way more than 6 pkmn, what could be an choice? His current team consists of popular pkmn/old gen fan favorites and there will very likely be more on the way in the future. If that’s mainly going to be based on what he could catch, would Chandelure and Blaziken be potential choices for a fire type capture? :d

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I might be interesting if he skipped out on a Fire-Type this generation just like how he skipped out on a Grass-Type in Kalos and a Water-Type in Alola.
if this series was Galar fixed then likely. But its not so leaving out a type just looks impossible now due to what Ash’s catching where its just old gen fan favs/popular pkmn.

SerenaRulez

Just going to put this out there: If Gengar isn’t the last Gen 1 pkmn Ash will catch for this series, I want to see the Rhyhorn line in his hands with him eventually owning Rhyperior. He even originally wanted to catch a Rhyhorn in the safari zone but he got screwed over thanks to the random Tauros that keep popping up.

I would like this to happen too but I would want Rhyhorn/Rhydon to evolve fast because I think Rhyperior looks better.

And if we get Sinnoh remakes soon then Rhyperior being on Ash's team would make more sense. :)

Red and Blue

Outside of the Scorbunny line none of the other Gen 8 fire types stood out to me. I wouldn't mind if he didn't get any fire types this season

Animac

Koharu will definitely be shiped with Go. I'ts going to happen sooner or later. Wouldn't it be amusing if they had the audacity to make Ash himself doing it innocently or by accident? Like trying to describe them as friend but wording it in a way it leads to the joke.
I mean, I get people is tired of the same cliche joke every season, I am too, but it will most likely happen. I'd like it if at least they try to make it a bit different this time.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I might be interesting if he skipped out on a Fire-Type this generation just like how he skipped out on a Grass-Type in Kalos and a Water-Type in Alola.

No thanks, I want a Fire type. He's barely got any Fire types that are not starters! It's basically just Torkoal, meanwhile Kingler, Lapras(RIP), Corphish, Buizel, and Palpitoad filled Water roles. And in Best Wishes where he got a second Grass and Water? Fire got skipped! "REEEEE Charizard counts!" No, no he doesn't...

A non-starter Grass would be interesting tooRIP Phantump since Leavanny's the only one, but you can blame Ash only missing out on the Grass starter once for that! :rolleyes:

Blaziken and/or Chandelure are what I am expecting. Though I feel Blaziken's got better odds for the Hoenn capture, I'm not confident enough on any of the Unova Pokemon to guess what he could possibly get but so long as it isn't the Gothitelle or Vullaby line(Go can have them for all I care), I'll be content with whatever it is!

The two Fire types from Galar don't strike any potential at all to me, I like both of them so I'd be happy to see them with Ash but I feel their chances are low. Perhaps if the DLC introduces a fourth option....

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew2924o said:

It's possible that he'll skip getting a Fire-type, although considering that a lot of viewers think he'll capture more than six Pokemon and use rotation, I feel that the writers purposely skipping the Fire-type in this case would be rather odd.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Weird question: Is this finally the season where they break free from the "Is he your boyfriend?" trope? It's been done with every Pokegirl.

Misty: Literally everyone shipped her with Ash.
May: Some people shipped them in the beginning with Ash then it was her and Drew.
Dawn: Lyra shipped her and Ash.
Iris: Cylan tried to imply it a couple of times.
Serena: Come on, this one is obvious.
Lana: Her sisters shipped her and Ash.

Instead, this will happen with Go since there is no main girl to pull this gag.

Then watch as irate shippers raise their pitchforks and torches.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
No thanks, I want a Fire type. He's barely got any Fire types that are not starters! It's basically just Torkoal, meanwhile Kingler, Lapras(RIP), Corphish, Buizel, and Palpitoad filled Water roles. And in Best Wishes where he got a second Grass and Water? Fire got skipped! "REEEEE Charizard counts!" No, no he doesn't...
Um.. Did you forget Ash's Talonflame existed?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Gou and Koharu or Gou and Ash? Because they don't have the balls for the latter.

Go and Ash because I know the shippers will riot in the streets with torches and pitchforks ablaze. It's just a fun thought.

Shipping is like a room with a ton of power kegs and oil and the shippers are officers smoking in it. The slightest spark could send the whole room ablaze.

Master Pikachu 11

A non-starter Grass would be interesting tooRIP Phantump since Leavanny's the only one, but you can blame Ash only missing out on the Grass starter once for that! :rolleyes:

Blaziken and/or Chandelure are what I am expecting. Though I feel Blaziken's got better odds for the Hoenn capture, I'm not confident enough on any of the Unova Pokemon to guess what he could possibly get but so long as it isn't the Gothitelle or Vullaby line(Go can have them for all I care), I'll be content with whatever it is!

The two Fire types from Galar don't strike any potential at all to me, I like both of them so I'd be happy to see them with Ash but I feel their chances are low. Perhaps if the DLC introduces a fourth option....
I think that if he is getting more popular Pokémon then I can easily see him getting both Chandelure and Zoroark. I think that they both need to be on Ash’s team because they then will get more battle experience under his care compared to Go, after those two the rest of the Pokémon in Unova can go to Go!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jibanyan said:
About Koharu, it doesn't seem she will join the group for now, the new poster still calls Ash and Gou the dual protagonists

Yes, although that was kind of predictable since there was no real indication before that she would suddenly join the dynamic duo. I was hoping that the first Gangar episode would lead to her making a drastic change, but that episode was mediocre as far as her development was concerned in spite of the preview and summary making a big deal about her role there.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I personally don't care about the majority of ships in Pokemon mainly because....most of these characters are 10 year olds?

Not to knock on anyone's shipping preferences but like whenever I see someone bringing Pokeshipping vs Amourshipping for example, I find myself wondering does Ash really need to be shipped with anyone? Is it really necessary to argue over which one will be canon when it's obvious that Ash will remain a 10 year old forever? He's a kid. He ain't got time for romance lol

(Unless Pokemon comes to an end and we see a timeskip with Ash and his kids ala Naruto and Bleach. But until that hypothetical day comes it's just comes off as two groups fighting over a half eaten bag of scraps at this point lol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.