• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I hope Ash at the very least catches 5 brand new Galar pokemon for a complete new team like he always has. They've got another character right there if they want old region captures, and Ash has so many reserves I can't see the point of him catching old pokemon as opposed to them showing up (unless they've got a new evolution for instance).

game3524

Find the placement of some of the Pokemon very interesting, Bulbasaur and Squirtle next to each other, Meowth and Wobbufett, Piplup and Croagunk.
Bulbasaur and Squirtle are obviously Ash’s who were good pals so hopefully there appearance with them interacting on the poster means we’ll be seeing them again.
Meowth and Wobbufett are obviously TR
Find it very interesting that Brock and Dawn’s Sinnoh signatures are interacting so hopefully means that they will be making appearances.

the actual Pokemon selected for the poster is very interesting. So many Pokemon not on there, no Totodile or Chikorita, not a single Hoenn starter, no Turtwig or Chimchar, no base forms of the Kalos starters and no Popplio, yet the Unova starters are there

then there’s the fact that so many starring Pokemon are missed out that belonged to the cast like none of Misty’s team, none of May’s team, none of Cilan’s team, there’s a Dragonite but no Axew which was Iris’ ace, nothing there to represent Clemont, Bonnie or Serena, and nothing there to represent any of the Sm classmates......

It is reboot IMO.

The only companions who I think will appear in some form are Brock and Misty. Dawn has a chance as well thanks to Piplup and potential gen 4 remakes. But I don’t think the other companions will show up at all.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
It is reboot IMO.

The only companions who I think will appear in some form are Brock and Misty. Dawn has a chance as well thanks to Piplup and potential gen 4 remakes. But I don’t think the other companions will show up at all.

Misty and brock only appeared due to animes anniversary and lets go games promotion, so even they have no excuse to appear again since neither games related to gen 1 nor animes anniversary is there in next 3 years, the only one who has chances of appearing in dawn due to gen 4 remake.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Misty and brock only appeared due to animes anniversary and lets go games promotion, so even they have no excuse to appear again since neither games related to gen 1 nor animes anniversary is there in next 3 years, the only one who has chances of appearing in dawn due to gen 4 remake.
Last time they tried to Reboot....fan outraged by move in Japanese fandom

game3524

Brock and Misty are central figures in Pokemon Masters and this new series seems to be a combination of Masters and Go.

Last time they tried to Reboot....fan outraged by move in Japanese fandom

Not true.

BW was initial well-received. The second season is where things went downhill for the Japanese fandom. Besides Movie 20 and 21 are essential reboots/AU and did very well there.

Redstar45

Brock and Misty are central figures in Pokemon Masters and this new series seems to be a combination of Masters and Go.

Not true.

BW was initial well-received. The second season is where things went downhill for the Japanese fandom. Besides Movie 20 and 21 are essential reboots/AU and did very well there.
Sorry but i don't think that we are going to see last of main canon Satoshi.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Not true.

BW is still the worst series in pokemon's hitory and overall the least liked series, probably the reason why iris and cilan were given abrupt farewell. As for new series, it will be centrally still based in galar with other regions having some focus. Either it will be most of characters returning or probably just dawn due to DP remakes since i dont think it is an AU.

Redstar45

BW is still the worst series in pokemon's hitory and overall the least liked series, probably the reason why iris and cilan were given abrupt farewell. As for new series, it will be centrally still based in galar with other regions having some focus. Either it will be most of characters returning or probably just dawn due to DP remakes since i dont think it is an AU.
I think that this new serie may end of our Satoshi

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
even though there are some older pokemon I would like Ash to capture, i'd prefer if he did go there, to only capture pokemon with types he doesn't have yet (Psychic, Ghost, Fairy) and focus on his reserves while dealing with everything else.

If they are focusing on all regions this time there really is no excuse to not have his reserves get in on this to some capacity.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
So say we get ~3 episode for each previous region, I'm hoping Ash uses that time to work out some of his old pokemon during that span. It's funny to think this way considering all his past pokemon (bar the released ones) are in Kanto at Oaks lab so him taking region specific pokemon to its home region doesn't make any more sense than taking another pokemon. But here's who I'd like to see him take along when visiting other regions.

Kanto:
-Kingler
-Bulbasaur (evolves)
-Muk

Johto:
-Totodile (evolves)
-Quilava

Hoenn:
-Corphish
-Glalie (I know ME is getting phased out but it'd be neat to get Glalie's mega stone)

Sinnoh:
-Buizel (evolves)
-Gible (evolves at least once)

Unova:
-Scraggy (evolves)
-Snivy

Kalos:
-Noivern
-Hawlucha

I know not all of these will happen or even close to it but these are just the 'mons I'd like to see them revisit while traveling. Whether they evolve or not it'd be nice to see them.

Last edited:

World Turtle

I think Ash and Gou will meet in Galar before heading to other regions, but it'll be a few episodes before they do that. Ash will arrive in Galar, catch Grookey and the bird (please be Corviknight), and be stalked by an invisible Sobble (who Ash showed kindness too) for like twenty episodes before it reveals itself and joins Ash's team officially.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Is there any chance more pokemon are going to be released, since we only have seen 23 pokemon including legendaries being unveiled.

This has become a trend since gen 6 that number of new pokemon are decreasing every gen after gen. Are they going out of ideas?

World Turtle

Is there any chance more pokemon are going to be released, since we only have seen 23 pokemon including legendaries being unveiled.

This has become a trend since gen 6 that number of new pokemon are decreasing every gen after gen. Are they going out of ideas?

They went from 72 (6) to 88 (7) how is that decreasing?

Imo, Ash should catch just Galar pokémon, Go want catch all the pokémon, so he should catch old pokémon.

I wouldn't want him to catch Galar Pokemon in Kanto-Alola though. Hopefully they'll go back and fourth from Galar to the other regions though that might get hard to follow. As suggested before I'm hoping he'll get Grookey and the bird then be followed by Sobble for a couple episodes before he gets it officially. That'll be half his Galar Team at least.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
They went from 72 (6) to 88 (7) how is that decreasing?

Okay not decrease but compared to no in gen 5 which have more than 100 new designs last 3 gens have reduced the number of new pokemon per regions. So far we have only got 20+ new pokemon released.

World Turtle

Maybe there is only 40 new Pokemon (#849) so they can make Gen 9 150 (#999) before starting Gen 10 on the 30th Anniversary year (2026) with Pokemon #1000. The entire world tour is just filler to save time. ...in case anyone can't tell I'm joking.

desdar300

7 had more than 6 did.
They've just toned down the reveals because of all the leaks from last generation

World Turtle

Again, not a fan of Ash getting Galar Pokemon in Kanto-Alola they should be caught in Galar, but I think I know how they could make it work.

Ash first arrives in Galar where he meets Gou before they leave on their world tour. Ash catches Grookey and the Bird.

Sobble then follows Ash in stealth mode for a bit before joining the team.

While in another region Ash meets a trainer from Galar (who could be Paul 2.0/new rival for Ash to beat) who releases a Galar Pokemon and he offers it a spot on his team. I think this should be the pseudo-legendary. It's the only other "recurring element" outside the starters who'd have the uniqueness/specialness/popularity to have that character arc as their own.

He then wins the egg of a Galar Form in some sort of competition. Hope its Zigzagoon it'd be the perfect choice for being the baby of the bunch.

Then when they get back to Galar maybe he'll catch one more thing.

Does this sound reasonable?