• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zariful

I highly doubt that Ash is getting any starters.
You keep saying that but you don’t really have a lot to back it up. This is legit the first poster and we don’t really see a lot of anything. Saying Ash won’t get any starters is a reach with the evidence we have so far. Patterns do break and that can be one that may break. But right now there’s not enough information of anything.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I also noticed the similarity of Ash's new outfit with the protagonist of Masters.

Even more reason for my theory that after we get whatever is next game, we might get a female character to represent it. If Sinnoh remakes, I can see Dawn returning for a year-long arc. If a new set of SwSh (either sequels, return of third version or an "Ultra updated version"), I can see them going for Gloria.

Actually, it's more of a combination of various protagonist outfits from Sword & Shield, Pokémon Masters, and Let's Go.

EFn2kV3UwAAgrkb

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Find the placement of some of the Pokemon very interesting, Bulbasaur and Squirtle next to each other, Meowth and Wobbufett, Piplup and Croagunk.
Bulbasaur and Squirtle are obviously Ash’s who were good pals so hopefully there appearance with them interacting on the poster means we’ll be seeing them again.
Meowth and Wobbufett are obviously TR
Find it very interesting that Brock and Dawn’s Sinnoh signatures are interacting so hopefully means that they will be making appearances.

the actual Pokemon selected for the poster is very interesting. So many Pokemon not on there, no Totodile or Chikorita, not a single Hoenn starter, no Turtwig or Chimchar, no base forms of the Kalos starters and no Popplio, yet the Unova starters are there

then there’s the fact that so many starring Pokemon are missed out that belonged to the cast like none of Misty’s team, none of May’s team, none of Cilan’s team, there’s a Dragonite but no Axew which was Iris’ ace, nothing there to represent Clemont, Bonnie or Serena, and nothing there to represent any of the Sm classmates......

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
We have 2 main characters? And they will feature all regions this time. So maybe Ash will travel in Galar and other character will travel other regions. If it happens, then we may also get 2 other companions for Ash like always!!

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Is this AU Ash? Somebody pointed out that the logo for the new series is the one from the AU movies and I feel like that sounds like a deliberate decision.

If that’s the case are we expecting a separate Galar-only anime? Idk I’d be down to have 2 separate animes. Although idk If they’d both feature Ash, AU or not.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Ash should catch only new Galar pokemon. If Pokemon from older regions also need to get focused, then it better be Ash's reserves, or let that other main character get them, but not Ash!!

As far as Ash's team is concerned, then I guess we can say Scorbunny is out of equation now, that leaves Ash to have either of Sobble or Grookey or both. Then again, if we are getting companions also, then Grookey might go to the girl companion and Ash can have Sobble only. Ash should catch that bird Corviknite also. I guess rest of Ash's team would consist of Pokemon which are unrevealed as of now.

Mr-Nightmare_420

Just a dude who enjoys pokemon

Red and Blue

We have 2 main characters? And they will feature all regions this time. So maybe Ash will travel in Galar and other character will travel other regions. If it happens, then we may also get 2 other companions for Ash like always!!
Ash and Gou are paired together in the background with the other regions. Safe to say that Ash will be exploring the other regions alongside Gou

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
This conspiracy diagram is insanely awesome. I didn't understand what the point of Leon was, but then I saw the kicks. But the relation between Victor's shorts and Ash's is a huge reach.

His shoelaces, which are X. And honestly, I think it's a bit overboard, but it does highlight the fact that Ash's new outfit is not exactly based on a particular character (aside from Red, of course).

Redstar45

World Turtle

Aside from Kanto I feel Ash shouldn't get anything in Unova either as he has enough Pokemon from that region as well and between cross-region evolutions and regional variant forms it might be better for him to get one of those since it would promote the current games.

I would just like to see him officially catch Larvitar (possibly now Tyranitar) in Johto. Especially if "Let's Go Johto" happens.

If we get Sinnoh Remakes in time for the trip to Sinnoh he can get Lucario.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I'd like him to get one more from Hoenn (Grumpig), Kalos (???), and Alola (Passimian). It just bugs me that when Pikachu leaves to the next region they're one short a full team. Granted Kalos is three short at the moment and Alola is going be in a similar situation depending if Naganadel returns to Ultra Space and if something happens to Melmetal.

Another option for Ash's Hoenn capture is Zangoose seeing as Jessie has Seviper.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I hope Ash at the very least catches 5 brand new Galar pokemon for a complete new team like he always has. They've got another character right there if they want old region captures, and Ash has so many reserves I can't see the point of him catching old pokemon as opposed to them showing up (unless they've got a new evolution for instance).

Revolver Furious Dragon

I dont think that's likely. Ash might get a travelling companion but gous adventures would take up the third main character slot.

game3524

Find the placement of some of the Pokemon very interesting, Bulbasaur and Squirtle next to each other, Meowth and Wobbufett, Piplup and Croagunk.
Bulbasaur and Squirtle are obviously Ash’s who were good pals so hopefully there appearance with them interacting on the poster means we’ll be seeing them again.
Meowth and Wobbufett are obviously TR
Find it very interesting that Brock and Dawn’s Sinnoh signatures are interacting so hopefully means that they will be making appearances.

the actual Pokemon selected for the poster is very interesting. So many Pokemon not on there, no Totodile or Chikorita, not a single Hoenn starter, no Turtwig or Chimchar, no base forms of the Kalos starters and no Popplio, yet the Unova starters are there

then there’s the fact that so many starring Pokemon are missed out that belonged to the cast like none of Misty’s team, none of May’s team, none of Cilan’s team, there’s a Dragonite but no Axew which was Iris’ ace, nothing there to represent Clemont, Bonnie or Serena, and nothing there to represent any of the Sm classmates......

It is reboot IMO.

The only companions who I think will appear in some form are Brock and Misty. Dawn has a chance as well thanks to Piplup and potential gen 4 remakes. But I don’t think the other companions will show up at all.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
It is reboot IMO.

The only companions who I think will appear in some form are Brock and Misty. Dawn has a chance as well thanks to Piplup and potential gen 4 remakes. But I don’t think the other companions will show up at all.

Misty and brock only appeared due to animes anniversary and lets go games promotion, so even they have no excuse to appear again since neither games related to gen 1 nor animes anniversary is there in next 3 years, the only one who has chances of appearing in dawn due to gen 4 remake.

Redstar45

Misty and brock only appeared due to animes anniversary and lets go games promotion, so even they have no excuse to appear again since neither games related to gen 1 nor animes anniversary is there in next 3 years, the only one who has chances of appearing in dawn due to gen 4 remake.
Last time they tried to Reboot....fan outraged by move in Japanese fandom

Status
Not open for further replies.