• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

game3524

Misty and brock only appeared due to animes anniversary and lets go games promotion, so even they have no excuse to appear again since neither games related to gen 1 nor animes anniversary is there in next 3 years, the only one who has chances of appearing in dawn due to gen 4 remake.

Brock and Misty are central figures in Pokemon Masters and this new series seems to be a combination of Masters and Go.

Last time they tried to Reboot....fan outraged by move in Japanese fandom

Not true.

BW was initial well-received. The second season is where things went downhill for the Japanese fandom. Besides Movie 20 and 21 are essential reboots/AU and did very well there.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Brock and Misty are central figures in Pokemon Masters and this new series seems to be a combination of Masters and Go.

Not true.

BW was initial well-received. The second season is where things went downhill for the Japanese fandom. Besides Movie 20 and 21 are essential reboots/AU and did very well there.
Sorry but i don't think that we are going to see last of main canon Satoshi.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Not true.

BW is still the worst series in pokemon's hitory and overall the least liked series, probably the reason why iris and cilan were given abrupt farewell. As for new series, it will be centrally still based in galar with other regions having some focus. Either it will be most of characters returning or probably just dawn due to DP remakes since i dont think it is an AU.

Redstar45

Rika has confirmed that Satoshi will take any challenge he face in all in one series with "HEART" !

Last edited:

Redstar45

BW is still the worst series in pokemon's hitory and overall the least liked series, probably the reason why iris and cilan were given abrupt farewell. As for new series, it will be centrally still based in galar with other regions having some focus. Either it will be most of characters returning or probably just dawn due to DP remakes since i dont think it is an AU.
I think that this new serie may end of our Satoshi

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
even though there are some older pokemon I would like Ash to capture, i'd prefer if he did go there, to only capture pokemon with types he doesn't have yet (Psychic, Ghost, Fairy) and focus on his reserves while dealing with everything else.

If they are focusing on all regions this time there really is no excuse to not have his reserves get in on this to some capacity.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
So say we get ~3 episode for each previous region, I'm hoping Ash uses that time to work out some of his old pokemon during that span. It's funny to think this way considering all his past pokemon (bar the released ones) are in Kanto at Oaks lab so him taking region specific pokemon to its home region doesn't make any more sense than taking another pokemon. But here's who I'd like to see him take along when visiting other regions.

Kanto:
-Kingler
-Bulbasaur (evolves)
-Muk

Johto:
-Totodile (evolves)
-Quilava

Hoenn:
-Corphish
-Glalie (I know ME is getting phased out but it'd be neat to get Glalie's mega stone)

Sinnoh:
-Buizel (evolves)
-Gible (evolves at least once)

Unova:
-Scraggy (evolves)
-Snivy

Kalos:
-Noivern
-Hawlucha

I know not all of these will happen or even close to it but these are just the 'mons I'd like to see them revisit while traveling. Whether they evolve or not it'd be nice to see them.

Last edited:

Redstar45

I can’t even comprehend that diagram with so many lines in the way. Wish it was easier to read!
It is bit trouble but i think i got it

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
A 10 year old boy who aims to become the best at Pokémon battling
due to a certain encounter he had.

This doesn't mean it's Ho-Oh. Also, when Ash saw Ho-Oh didn't it say that it will bring eternal happiness to a trainer that sees it? What does that have to do with battling? I think that certain encounter is either: 1) in the beginning of Gen 8 anime Ash encounters one guy( maybe his dad or champion Leon or someone( maybe Pokemon Master) and that guy beats him and he aims to be Pokemon master or the best or 2) the certain encounter from past maybe like Alain, Gary,Gladion, Kukui. Maybe Kukui will beat Ash in upcoming episodes and Ash will realize despite winning a league, he still hay way ahead to go and decided he will be the best at battling..

Redstar45

A 10 year old boy who aims to become the best at Pokémon battling
due to a certain encounter he had.

This doesn't mean it's Ho-Oh. Also, when Ash saw Ho-Oh didn't it say that it will bring eternal happiness to a trainer that sees it? What does that have to do with battling? I think that certain encounter is either: 1) in the beginning of Gen 8 anime Ash encounters one guy( maybe his dad or champion Leon or someone( maybe Pokemon Master) and that guy beats him and he aims to be Pokemon master or the best or 2) the certain encounter from past maybe like Alain, Gary,Gladion, Kukui. Maybe Kukui will beat Ash in upcoming episodes and Ash will realize despite winning a league, he still hay way ahead to go and decided he will be the best at battling..
And Rika say he will take anything on with heart apparently

Redstar45

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
We have 2 main characters? And they will feature all regions this time. So maybe Ash will travel in Galar and other character will travel other regions. If it happens, then we may also get 2 other companions for Ash like always!!
I really hope it's in that way, cause I want Galar to get the main focus.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Yeah. She said that. This could be a hint that Ash story continue in the new season. Or it could be just a reference that Ash travel to become a Pokemon Master hasn't really ended, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we will see the rest of this travel.

The synopsis and profile character seem to imply Ash adventure is starting.

I mean Ash also saw Ho-Oh in the anime original, but this was never his motivation to be the best at Pokemon battling.

Also, I'm worried they don't show more in the trailer yet. If it is a reboot, it will be possible that the first episode of the new season is a retelling of the first episode.
What could be is next:
This Gen 8 series is AU, while Gen 9 will be a continuation of OS-SM Ash.So Gen 8 would be non canon, Gen 9 will continue canon verse.

Redstar45

She said something in twitter that seems to include "heart", but I don't know what she exactly wrote. I don't know japanese and the google translation isn't reliable.
This why i am to MASTER to read/write and speak Japanese in my life

Konja7

This why i am to MASTER to read/write and speak Japanese in my life

Another thing, we shouldn't trust English commentaries in a Japanese twitter. They usually don't know what the Japanese twitter wrote either.

The google translation (which isn't reliable) of some Japanese commentaries in Rica twitter seems to imply Japanese people are not sure if this is the same Satoshi either.

Status
Not open for further replies.