• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
This make no sense, if they want do something like that they should do a spinoff anime with another protagonist, maybe the Pokémon Masters protagonist.
But they want Ash to stay, so it it kinda makes sense. Imagine entire Gen 8 without Ash as MC.

Mr-Nightmare_420

Just a dude who enjoys pokemon
What could be is next:
This Gen 8 series is AU, while Gen 9 will be a continuation of OS-SM Ash.So Gen 8 would be non canon, Gen 9 will continue canon verse.
If that's done, then what's the point of having Ash traveling with Go? To be real, the main reason that they're having Ash travel through all these reasons is for the nostalgia and to bring back old fans who've been asking for the return of certain characters and Pokémon. So having an AU Ash who has absolutely no connection to any regions besides Kanto and Johto would be a waste of character space. If that's the case, then they might as well have had Go be the only main character.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
If that's done, then what's the point of having Ash traveling with Go? To be real, the main reason that they're having Ash travel through all these reasons is for the nostalgia and to bring back old fans who've been asking for the return of certain characters and Pokémon. So having an AU Ash who has absolutely no connection to any regions besides Kanto and Johto would be a waste of character space. If that's the case, then they might as well have had Go be the only main character.
I have feeling that nostalgia won't be presented here;sadly. I don't think we will get to see older characters and Pokemon return.

Konja7

I have feeling that nostalgia won't be presented here;sadly. I don't think we will get to see older characters and Pokemon return.

Yeah. I don't think nostalgia is the main point.

They travelling for 8 regions is probably related to Pokemon Masters or Pokemon Go.

They use Ash, because he is still the face of the anime.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
I've been thinking for a long time that they should have a saga with just Ash, the Girl, and a revolving door of other characters coming and going. And frack me, it looks like that's whats happening. Only instead of a PokeGirl, Ash is getting a boy toy this time.

There damn well better be a lot old characters, be they from the Games or Show. If we're going back to previous regions, better bring back old friends to make it worthwhile. They better not screw this up like they did with the Battle Frontier...
Though the fact they're using this to promote Masters gives me hope (Arceus willing, this will let more people out of the Never Animated Jail)

The downside to going back to old regions? The villain teams' stories are done, so that means this series could be really light on antagonism. We'll have to hope and pray to Arceus that A) The TRio are still as good as they were in XY and SM, B) there are more Team Rocket members, C) some meaner rivals, and D) hunters and criminals cause trouble.

BlueDragonfangirl

This better be original Ash we know and love or I'm not watching the next series. If they wanted to replace our Ash they should have just done it all together with a new character. If our Ash is gone he should have gone out on a high note like the XY series not that scrappy Sun and Moon league. I hope this is the Ash we know and get confirmation so I know if I should watch or not.

Konja7

Red and Blue

The twitter doesn't mention Satoshi or Gou. So, "part of the reason Ash and Gou explore other regions" should be a theory from fans.
But does it state that dynamaxing will be used outside of Galar?

World Turtle

I think Ash and Gou will meet in Galar before heading to other regions, but it'll be a few episodes before they do that. Ash will arrive in Galar, catch Grookey and the bird (please be Corviknight), and be stalked by an invisible Sobble (who Ash showed kindness too) for like twenty episodes before it reveals itself and joins Ash's team officially.

Revolver Furious Dragon

So if ash is going to all regions then what's his goal? Since gous goal is apparently based on let's go how about basing ash's goal on Pokémon masters?

Maybe that certain encounter he has will be someone creating a tournament. And ash has to visit various people in other regions to challenge them. Then once he's beat so many he can travel to pasio for the tournament.

I mean id prefer he stayed in galar and did gyms while Gou travels to other regions and the story splits between them

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
So if ash is going to all regions then what's his goal? Since gous goal is apparently based on let's go how about basing ash's goal on Pokémon masters?

Maybe that certain encounter he has will be someone creating a tournament. And ash has to visit various people in other regions to challenge them. Then once he's beat so many he can travel to pasio for the tournament.

I mean id prefer he stayed in galar and did gyms while Gou travels to other regions and the story splits between them

Well we dont know, its too early to predict anything since we haven't got a clue how this will take plac, maybe going throughout all the regions could be related of his dynamaxing trials.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Is there any chance more pokemon are going to be released, since we only have seen 23 pokemon including legendaries being unveiled.

This has become a trend since gen 6 that number of new pokemon are decreasing every gen after gen. Are they going out of ideas?

World Turtle

Is there any chance more pokemon are going to be released, since we only have seen 23 pokemon including legendaries being unveiled.

This has become a trend since gen 6 that number of new pokemon are decreasing every gen after gen. Are they going out of ideas?

They went from 72 (6) to 88 (7) how is that decreasing?

Imo, Ash should catch just Galar pokémon, Go want catch all the pokémon, so he should catch old pokémon.

I wouldn't want him to catch Galar Pokemon in Kanto-Alola though. Hopefully they'll go back and fourth from Galar to the other regions though that might get hard to follow. As suggested before I'm hoping he'll get Grookey and the bird then be followed by Sobble for a couple episodes before he gets it officially. That'll be half his Galar Team at least.

Last edited:

Revolver Furious Dragon

Wait, are we getting a Pokémon Masters and Pokémon go series instead of a Pokémon SWSH series?!
That seems to be the prevailing theory at the moment. Based on gous name and goal.

The question is what is ash going to Do. He could travel galar doing his gym thing or be could accompany Gou through the other regions. In which case he would red a new goal

Status
Not open for further replies.