• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
They went from 72 (6) to 88 (7) how is that decreasing?

Okay not decrease but compared to no in gen 5 which have more than 100 new designs last 3 gens have reduced the number of new pokemon per regions. So far we have only got 20+ new pokemon released.

World Turtle

Maybe there is only 40 new Pokemon (#849) so they can make Gen 9 150 (#999) before starting Gen 10 on the 30th Anniversary year (2026) with Pokemon #1000. The entire world tour is just filler to save time. ...in case anyone can't tell I'm joking.

VoltTacklingPika

https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/1178627964709130244
According to people this tweet states that Dynamaxing can be achieved in other reasons besides Galar. Which is part of the reason Ash and Gou explore other regions.

Though if Dephender or someone else can translate that'd be appreciated

It's talking about the size of gyms in other regions needing to be changed for Dynamaxing to be possible. Galar's gyms are specifically designed for it, after all.

Someone with better Japanese than me can clear it up, but he seems to be positing that older gym facilities may look different in the anime to make Dynamaxing possible without wrecking the place.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
given that Galar treats battles on a higher level than other regions (Aka needing sponsorship to even enter) I did think of one thing that could happen.

Kind of like what they did to the battle frontier back in gen 3 by spreading it across kanto, what if seven of Galar's gyms were actually placed in the other regions (basically being treated as "super gyms" and such due to being needed to be sponsored to compete in them.) and you needed to go out to all the regions (of which there are 8) in order to complete them, and like the battle frontier, you can only get their location if your allowed to compete in them as they could be "hidden" like the facilities were in Kanto.

Yes this does "Cheat" Galar over, but they already seem to be on a path to doing that as it is.

Because in all honesty, this is the only way I could see reason for the current Ash to revisit the regions, training up his pokemon (hopefully his old ones while maybe a few new ones) while helping Go with his catching and each region run ends with Ash getting to the respective gym and defeating it.

that is quite possible. Maybe each gym leader will do an event in a different region or it be sponsored. And Ash needs to qualify by beating the gym leader and than they travel to the tournament or something. Really intrigued to see how they wanna make this happen.

Red and Blue

It's talking about the size of gyms in other regions needing to be changed for Dynamaxing to be possible. Galar's gyms are specifically designed for it, after all.

Someone with better Japanese than me can clear it up, but he seems to be positing that older gym facilities may look different in the anime to make Dynamaxing possible without wrecking the place.
Thank you

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash does indeed do an all region gym challenge now. And if the gyms are being altered for Dynamaxing looks like other Galarian trainers are doing it as well

04n70n10

A 10 year old boy who aims to become the best at Pokémon battling
due to a certain encounter he had.

This doesn't mean it's Ho-Oh. Also, when Ash saw Ho-Oh didn't it say that it will bring eternal happiness to a trainer that sees it? What does that have to do with battling? I think that certain encounter is either: 1) in the beginning of Gen 8 anime Ash encounters one guy( maybe his dad or champion Leon or someone( maybe Pokemon Master) and that guy beats him and he aims to be Pokemon master or the best or 2) the certain encounter from past maybe like Alain, Gary,Gladion, Kukui. Maybe Kukui will beat Ash in upcoming episodes and Ash will realize despite winning a league, he still hay way ahead to go and decided he will be the best at battling..
Maybe this encounter was Leon, an in the anime he his not only a "mere" champion, but a... pokémon Master? My guess is the galar league in the anime will be something "above" other normal regional leagues.

Side note: after 20+ years maybe... is .... arrived the time to clear a bit more... what is a pokémon Master and how to become one? For now It was obviusly a (convenient) vague goal. It would be nice if our ""bold"" writers this time......

... I will get at least one of my wild guesses?

desdar300

Is there any chance more pokemon are going to be released, since we only have seen 23 pokemon including legendaries being unveiled.

This has become a trend since gen 6 that number of new pokemon are decreasing every gen after gen. Are they going out of ideas?
7 had more than 6 did.
They've just toned down the reveals because of all the leaks from last generation

volcanionmaster123

Maybe this encounter was Leon, an in the anime he his not only a "mere" champion, but a... pokémon Master? My guess is the galar league in the anime will be something "above" other normal regional leagues.

Side note: after 20+ years maybe... is .... arrived the time to clear a bit more... what is a pokémon Master and how to become one? For now It was obviusly a (convenient) vague goal. It would be nice if our ""bold"" writers this time......

... I will get at least one of my wild guesses?

I guess we'll have to wait for the end of SM to get our answer to that...

World Turtle

Again, not a fan of Ash getting Galar Pokemon in Kanto-Alola they should be caught in Galar, but I think I know how they could make it work.

Ash first arrives in Galar where he meets Gou before they leave on their world tour. Ash catches Grookey and the Bird.

Sobble then follows Ash in stealth mode for a bit before joining the team.

While in another region Ash meets a trainer from Galar (who could be Paul 2.0/new rival for Ash to beat) who releases a Galar Pokemon and he offers it a spot on his team. I think this should be the pseudo-legendary. It's the only other "recurring element" outside the starters who'd have the uniqueness/specialness/popularity to have that character arc as their own.

He then wins the egg of a Galar Form in some sort of competition. Hope its Zigzagoon it'd be the perfect choice for being the baby of the bunch.

Then when they get back to Galar maybe he'll catch one more thing.

Does this sound reasonable?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/1178627964709130244
According to people this tweet states that Dynamaxing can be achieved in other reasons besides Galar. Which is part of the reason Ash and Gou explore other regions.

Though if Dephender or someone else can translate that'd be appreciated

"If Dymaxing becomes possible in regions other than Galar, I'd say the sizes of the battle facilities there would need to be drastically reconsidered and changed. I mean, if a Whaloh were to Dymax inside a poorly constructed gym, it'd destroy the place."

It's just him sharing a random thought that came into his head, and I really wish people that don't understand what he's saying wouldn't assume every single thing he tweets is some kind of major spoiler for the anime. When did this start becoming a thing anyway?

Last edited:

Konja7

"If Dymaxing becomes possible in regions other than Galar, I'd say the sizes of the battle facilities there would need to be drastically reconsidered and changed. I mean, if a Whaloh were to Dymax inside a poorly constructed gym, it'd destroy the place."

It's just him sharing a random thought that came into his head, and I really wish people that don't understand what he's saying wouldn't assume every single thing he tweets is some kind of major spoiler for the anime. When did this start becoming a thing anyway?

Yeah. Even the google translation said something similar (that's why I said this doesn't confirmed anything).

As you said, it can be just random thought.

Do you know what this twitter of Rica Matsumoto said: https://mobile.twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1178580245747601414

#アニポケ 速報

サトシ役の松本梨香さんからコメントが到着! 「新シリーズでは一心同体であるために、その名の通り『心』で演じていきたいです。新たな出会いと冒険を前にどんなことがおきるのか?そして、どんなことにも立ち向かうであろうサトシを応援してください。」

Red and Blue

Can I say it's just weird to have a world tour at all. I welcome the incoming bromance, but why even tour the world. This is surely what happens when Pokemon Chronicles fuses with the anime, but it takes away from developing(?) Galar if it's not really going to be the center of attention (despite Go having a Scorbunny to remind us that Galar is relevant).

There's also the issue with the Galar-only rivals. Will they somehow travel around the world too, or will they remain in Galar? In fact, does Ash win a ticket to justify all that traveling around?
Well if Ash is traveling other regions it only makes sense for rivals such as Bede to do the same as well. Bede and any other rivals Ash has will probably share the same goal as him this season

Revolver Furious Dragon

Well if Ash is traveling other regions it only makes sense for rivals such as Bede to do the same as well. Bede and any other rivals Ash has will probably share the same goal as him this season

Or if ash has an anime only goal he might just get anime only rivals

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I wonder if it will really only be Ash and Gau, seems somehow unlikely. Maybe Gau will have a little sister or someone, and they didn’t show her cause of she hasn‘t any pokes. But seems unlikely.

A tadbit annoyed that they will skip over the girl PC. Moon had a great design and Eloisa isn‘t bad either.
I know it is different now that there is optional clothing and stuff but still.

mobius34

I wonder if it will really only be Ash and Gau, seems somehow unlikely. Maybe Gau will have a little sister or someone, and they didn’t show her cause of she hasn‘t any pokes. But seems unlikely.

A tadbit annoyed that they will skip over the girl PC. Moon had a great design and Eloisa isn‘t bad either.
I know it is different now that there is optional clothing and stuff but still.

The customization feature probably makes the writers less enthused to use the female game protagonists now. Yes XY has it too and they used Serena but it was the first gen of games that had it. It’s not that much a surprise that Gloria isn’t going to be in the anime like the SM female protagonist before her.

Case in point they actually removed customization from ORAS just so people couldn’t change May if you played as her. Meanwhile brought it back for the next three games.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Do you know what this twitter of Rica Matsumoto said: https://mobile.twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1178580245747601414

#アニポケ 速報

サトシ役の松本梨香さんからコメントが到着! 「新シリーズでは一心同体であるために、その名の通り『心』で演じていきたいです。新たな出会いと冒険を前にどんなことがおきるのか?そして、どんなことにも立ち向かうであろうサトシを応援してください。」

"Since the new series involves two protagonists that are one in body and soul, I'm going to live up to that by playing Satoshi with a lot of soul. What's going to happen to him in the face of all these new encounters and adventures? Satoshi is unlikely to ever back down no matter what he has to go up against, so please cheer him on."

(that bit about "one in body and soul" sounds pretty gay tbh)

Konja7

"Since the new series involves two protagonists that are one in body and soul, I'm going to live up to that by playing Satoshi with a lot of soul. What's going to happen to him in the face of all these new encounters and adventures? Satoshi is unlikely to ever back down no matter what he has to go up against, so please cheer him on."

(that bit about "one in body and soul" sounds pretty gay tbh)

Thank you very much.

I guess the "one in body and soul" represents that both characters have complementary roles.

Satoshi aims to be the best at Pokemon battling (maybe this is a Pokemon Master), while Go dreams to get every Pokemon.

Red and Blue

Since Gou is actually Ash's equal in terms of importance instead of a mere companion I fear if there is a Pokegirl she'll get shafted by the writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.