• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
@Dephender

Pokemon isn't ready for mobile. While mobile and gacha games are very anime-dominated, they also tend to pander to adult men through anime girls, and Pokemon can't really due that due to its kid-first appeal. GO needs to find a new appeal without compromising that integrity.
Masters exists and it is basically a more kid friendly version of that.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Completely lost interest in Gou when I learned the character's a male lmao

Same. He's practically just going to be the same character and from the sound of things, that is exactly what is happening. That's been done before.... multiple times in fact! Morrison is the first to come to mind! It's cool for a few episodes, but long term.... for three years? Ugh.

If it was a girl I could excuse them having similar personalities. At least THAT would be new. I feel bad for the people who hate Ash, now there's two of them!
I just pray they don't pull the "Long lost brother!" cliche that people are so fascinated with. Ash never needed a brother... it's also a terrible way at attempting to make you like a character, because they're related to somebody you do like. If they pull that stunt, I'll automatically wind up hating him as that cliche's so freaking stupid!

It would be more bearable if there was a third character for them to bounce off of, but there's not.
Oh well, hopefully gen 9 can keep the two main characters thing but make the companion a female with a original personality. Still hoping they write Team Rocket off here, if they start giving them a "Bewear"-wannabe for each region, then they've clearly run out of ideas for them. No better time to write off the organization than right here as it wouldn't be out of place at all. I'd rather the TRio get written off than become stale like they did during XY(Z)

klutzybewear

I don’t know what to say about the reveal since we’ve only seen Ash and Gou and the info bout the traveling to all of the regions.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
@Dephender

Do we know what was the animation sequence Shoko provided? Is it yet to appear?

All we know is that it's something for SM, so it's not relevant to this thread (and has its own anyway). But you know they're going to market the hell out of that tidbit and make sure you know exactly what part it is.

Konja7

Same. He's practically just going to be the same character and from the sound of things, that is exactly what is happening. That's been done before.... multiple times in fact! Morrison is the first to come to mind! It's cool for a few episodes, but long term.... for three years? Ugh.

If it was a girl I could excuse them having similar personalities. At least THAT would be new. I feel bad for the people who hate Ash, now there's two of them!
I just pray they don't pull the "Long lost brother!" cliche that people are so fascinated with. Ash never needed a brother... it's also a terrible way at attempting to make you like a character, because they're related to somebody you do like. If they pull that stunt, I'll automatically wind up hating him as that cliche's so freaking stupid!

It would be more bearable if there was a third character for them to bounce off of, but there's not.
Oh well, hopefully gen 9 can keep the two main characters thing but make the companion a female with a original personality. Still hoping they write Team Rocket off here, if they start giving them a "Bewear"-wannabe for each region, then they've clearly run out of ideas for them. No better time to write off the organization than right here as it wouldn't be out of place at all. I'd rather the TRio get written off than become stale like they did during XY(Z)

Satoshi ang Go won't be the same character in the new season.

Satoshi is the energetic guy, while Go is the calm guy. They will probably be complementary in their adventure.

Jeal

Well one piece doesn't have to promote the main game so there all the old characters come back often and travelling all over the world is norm. I still would wait for more information about the whole world stuff and whether this is AU or continuation before judging anything. I still place my bets on continuation of before.
But apparently, the anime is no longer promoting games, and I'm happy for that. It's really dumb anyway, the games don't need promotion, specially now. And an anime with pokémon is already enough to kids to want to buy the games.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
All this news makes me pretty sad tbh. Maybe because XY and SM were the first Pokemon anime I actually watched, so I wasn't tired of the "old formula" yet like some of you who have watched every season, but I really really loved XY. Having the focus be on Kalos and getting to see Ash travel through the region, seeing my favorite cities, locations, characters, and Pokemon being brought to life. Sun & Moon was cool as well for similar reasons, but I could never quite get behind the new art style and more lighthearted/comedic take. I was really looking forward to the Sword & Shield anime going back to the basics, so to speak. And experiencing the Galar saga the "original" way.

But I think it's safe to say this isn't even a Sword & Shield anime. I guess that should have been apparent from the start given the name change and logo, but I held onto hope. After the latest drop of info it's more apparent that this is a Pokemon Go/Pokemon Masters anime, which is sad to me. Do Pokemon Go/Masters really draw more of a fan base now than the main series game that they felt the need to shaft it so much and cater the new anime to those instead? I think the anime should continue to exist to promote the main series games, and they should have created some sort of spin off or mini series if they wanted an anime based on Go or Masters so bad, but what do I know? I'm sure they have their reason.

I'm going to give it a chance anyway, but its hard to be optimistic about what I've seen thus far.
Wow! This is exactly like I feel about it! I like the anime because it give life to the region and the new pokémon, and Galar seems to be a big region with unique and beautiful places, I was looking forward to see this be show in the new anime, but, they are doing a Pokémon Masters/go anime instead :/
I'll give this new series a chance and if it's good and enjoyable I'll keep watching, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

CabochonJaw

Go Ketchum has a nice ring to it. Out of respect for Ash's dad, Go should not be Ash's brother though.

World Turtle

Personally I think I'd like to see Ash and Gou competing to catch every pokemon. Unless Gou is going to be not so good at what he wants to do. It'd be really annoying to see him catch pokemon every episode especially ones the fanbase has wanted to see Ash get for years. And since your not allowed to have more then 6 on hand we won't even see most of them. Though if Eternatus is a legit evil legendary maybe they need every pokemon to fight him?

Maybe this is all part of a plan made by Arceus and Celebi?

Like how this is going to work? If Gou wants to catch every pokemon it'd be kind of rude of him to cut in front of Ash if he's trying to catch a pokemon he just saw. Unless they have a "first see, gets to try catching first" agreement.

mobius34

Personally I think I'd like to see Ash and Gou competing to catch every pokemon. Unless Gou is going to be not so good at what he wants to do. It'd be really annoying to see him catch pokemon every episode especially ones the fanbase has wanted to see Ash get for years. And since your not allowed to have more then 6 on hand we won't even see most of them. Though if Eternatus is a legit evil legendary maybe they need every pokemon to fight him?

Maybe this is all part of a plan made by Arceus and Celebi?

Like how this is going to work? If Gou wants to catch every pokemon it'd be kind of rude of him to cut in front of Ash if he's trying to catch a pokemon he just saw. Unless they have a "first see, gets to try catching first" agreement.

There's almost 900 pokemon now after all the remaining Galar pokemon are revealed. There is no way we're going to see a character capture 900 pokemon in the anime, not to mention a bulk are legendaries, mythicals, ultra beasts, etc.

He'll likely capture 5-6 pokemon like every companion at most and not much else.

World Turtle

There's almost 900 pokemon now after all the remaining Galar pokemon are revealed. There is no way we're going to see a character capture 900 pokemon in the anime, not to mention a bulk are legendaries, mythicals, ultra beasts, etc.

He'll likely capture 5-6 pokemon like every companion at most and not much else.

You do understand though why it'd annoy me a lot if Gou would be seen catching pokemon left and right while Ash barely catches any right? Especially if Gou gets stuff like Riolu or Haunter or the number of other pokemon Ash missed out on.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
You do understand though why it'd annoy me a lot if Gou would be seen catching pokemon left and right while Ash barely catches any right? Especially if Gou gets stuff like Riolu or Haunter or the number of other pokemon Ash missed out on.
Eifie too !? Noo i wanted Satoshi have that old badass Pokemon and Nyorobon too !

mobius34

So do we really think there will be no main female companion at all? I mean when he visits the regions we could have an old female lead join for awhile, but it would be still odd if there's no main female character for the series.

This will probably alienate female fans even more. It's like the role for the female companion kept decreasing after Dawn. Between Iris, Serena and the SM girls...and now its gone entirely.

Redstar45

So do we really think there will be no main female companion at all? I mean when he visits the regions we could have an old female lead join for awhile, but it would be still odd if there's no main female character for the series.

This will probably alienate female fans even more. It's like the role for the female companion kept decreasing after Dawn. Between Iris, Serena and the SM girls...and now its gone entirely.
Maybe or not as we don't know how whole thing about the region arc play out .

Redstar45

Status
Not open for further replies.