• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Should Ash get will get some Legendary Pokemon?
  • Moltres
  • Zapdos
  • Articuno
  • Mewtwo
  • Regirock
  • Registeel
  • Regice
  • Groudon
  • Kyogre
  • Rayquaza
  • Regigigas
  • Dialga
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Lugia
  • Kyurem
  • Xearneas
  • Yvelta
I could see him catching a mythical once again. Probably from the Galar region.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I will put my foot in my mouth if thats the case but has pokemon relay never in its life span in japan never used the catch them all slogan.
They obviously have not when it is a english only slogan

Master Pikachu 11

We really need more information.

The poster makes it look like all regions are getting equal treatment to some degree and we see Ash and Gou traveling together on it. So that makes me unsure of the idea they might be jumping back and fourth between Ash in Galar and Gou in other regions.

It's possible this will be another Battle Frontier situation, but on a global scale with the Galar Gyms scattered all over the place. Though because of that stuff with the Major League and Minor League it might be that Ash has to do the Minor League first (which is scattered around the world) before he can do the Major League in Galar.

I could see the pacing here being similar to the Hoenn League (131) and Kanto Battle Frontier episodes (61) = 192 episodes. Though perhaps inverted with the World Tour being first and on the short side episode wise while the Galar Region gets the bulk of the episodes.

I could see the story building things up to Galar. With Ash-who finally won a league-going back through all the previous regions he's been too, facing 8-10 Minor League Gyms, bringing back all his old pokemon while catching a few new ones along the way, meeting old friends and rivals alike, as well as making new friends (Gou), new rivals (Hop, Marnie, Bede), and new enemies (Team Yell?). All of it building up to Ash finally getting to the Major League in Galar!

Since all Gou is doing is catching his episodes would cover all the "Pokemon of the Day filler/padding episodes" where he's after a new Pokemon. This leaves Ash to do his 2 Badge Quests without much interruption beyond evil team shenanigans. They actually might be able to pull this off!

Sorry to tell you this, but according to Professor Oak when he looked at Gary's and Ash's PokeDexes Gary had only seen 60 species while catching 200 Pokemon meaning he caught a lot of repeats. So he's probably not the best example.

That said my mixed feelings aside it would be interesting if they actually let Gou be fairly successful in his goal, but would they really let him catch legendary and mythical pokemon including Arceus? Or will he only get low level ones like the Regis?

His main goal is to capture Mew

World Turtle

His main goal is to capture Mew

True, but he wants to get all Pokemon too right? That'd include them.

On a different note since they just had Poipole evolve off-screen and return as Naganadel do you think any of the Ash's Pokemon at Oak's could do the same?

I feel Ash really should be there to witness the evolutions of the Johto and Unova starters/Scraggy, but perhaps Palpitoad and Boldore could evolve off-screen?

That leaves Corphish, Buizel, and Gible. I suppose they could as well and at least Gible could evolve to Gabite and Ash can be there to witness his evolution to Garchomp.

Master Pikachu 11

True, but he wants to get all Pokemon too right? That'd include them.

On a different note since they just had Poipole evolve off-screen and return as Naganadel do you think any of the Ash's Pokemon at Oak's could do the same?

I feel Ash really should be there to witness the evolutions of the Johto and Unova starters/Scraggy, but perhaps Palpitoad and Boldore could evolve off-screen?

That leaves Corphish, Buizel, and Gible. I suppose they could as well and at least Gible could evolve to Gabite and Ash can be there to witness his evolution to Garchomp.
Yes his goal is to capture Pokémon, however, they went out of their way to say that he really wants to capture Mew so out of all the legendaries and mythicals that he could get, the main one is Mew and that’s the one that I see him pursuing more then the others. Ash’s pokemon could evolve off screen as well, but he could also bring them back and they could evolve on screen as well like Quilava.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So the story starts with 2 character, a professor, his daughter and her dog.
Sound's like FMA. It would be a shock if we end up with a Chimera...

No one would expect that one coming:-D

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Silly speculation but, I'm calling it now: Go will be called "Hunter" in the dub

As for the new characters, didn't see another set of original anime characters coming but I'm intrigued. Though I still prefer they had just used Gloria.

Anime-only Professor and main characters
It feels like an Orange Island season to me! And that's a good thing, because I enjoyed it a lot.

Yeah, Orange was my favorite part of the first anime. Sure it still has some problems but it's the one I found the most bearable there

IcySealeo

So maybe Ash and Go are doing some research missions for the professor and that is why they are going through all the regions. It would explain the lab being their "homebase".

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
We just got a bunch of news:

img_news191013_04.png

Professor Sakuragi:
He conducts research at the Sakuragi Laboratories
while supporting Satoshi and Go's adventures.

img_news191013_05.png

Koharu:

A 10 year old girl who attends school.
She's Professor Sakuragi's daughter and a childhood friend of Go.

Wanpachi:
A puppy Pokémon.
Very attached to Koharu.

img_news191013_02.jpg
img_news191013_03.jpg

The Sakuragi Laboratories:

A recently built Pokémon laboratory in Kuchiba City, Kanto.
Satoshi and Go live here while they set off on adventures to various regions.

Series Staff:
Voice of Professor Sakuragi: Yuichi Nakamura
Voice of Koharu: Kana Hanazawa

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Koharu has an interesting design. Intrigued to see how this gen will go down. Seems a bit weirdish to be honesty with Vermilion City being their center base.

and this not anime related prof. All this irks me a bit. I do hope this season than will have less fillers

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I mean... My early nickname for Gloria/Yuuri was "Basically Kosaki from Nisekoi", but when I said I wanted "Basically Kosaki from Nisekoi" to be in the anime this was not what I meant. (For those who didn't know, Koharu and Kosaki share the same voice actor.)

Status
Not open for further replies.