• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Silly speculation but, I'm calling it now: Go will be called "Hunter" in the dub
This is not silly, it makes a lot of sense
Hunter is an English name, and he comes from Galar, so... We're getting either that or some random pun with Go

Interesting that nothing about the TRio has been revealed yet. If they are in this new series, are they going to follow Ash and Go around all the regions? Will there be more Bewear shenanigans? Guess we'll know their fate in the last episode of SM.
If that Dragonite is in fact involved with TR there's the answer
Idk what's going to happen with Bewear though

VoltTacklingPika

It it funny how Koharu is going to school while her friend Gou gets to go region hopping. Maybe this will even be a plot point.

I'm guessing Kanto is the base because it's the origin of everything. Also helps that Ash will be there by default, so they don't have to send him to Galar, only to send him to another region.

With that in mind, it's possible the show will be structured around sequential visits to each region, rather than constant back and forth. So they could go to Johto, spend X episodes there, come back, go to Hoenn, and so on.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Ok, I'm just going to say if Ash is visiting other regions it would be nice if he caught some old pokemon there. Not a lot mind you, but it'll be kind of boring and predictable if he only catches stuff when he's in Galar.

And the fact they're keeping the home base concept means we'll be seeing them a lot.

Well if this new Professor has brought pokemon from Galar with him there might be a Sobble or Grookey at the institute that will go to Ash.
Bar Unova, he could get at least one more pokemon per region (maybe two from Kalos if you're counting greninja comming back, his team got the short stick there by the end).

But, if it's about Galar pokemon, he could get one only when they hop to Galar, if it's their last stop.

I think we've moved beyond typical traveling companions and will just have a main cast like any other show. We have 2 protagonists and 2 supporting characters. Not to mention 2 Rotom phones who could have personality just like RotomDex. I do hope Team Rocket is still around as well.

...ok is the Galar League even a thing here?

I will say I'm happy they're keeping the home base concept from Alola. That means the Pokemon will be out of their balls a lot like before.

Perhaps Galar will be a focus of Another season. Each series does at least 3 years so maybe Ash will go to Galar last instead of first like we assumed.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm starting to think that not all of Ash's captures this saga are of Galar Pokemon.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Why do i have afeeling galar region is going to get even worse treatment than unnova region.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think we've moved beyond typical traveling companions and will just have a main cast like any other show. We have 2 protagonists and 2 supporting characters. Not to mention 2 Rotom phones who could have personality just like RotomDex. I do hope Team Rocket is still around as well.
There's clearly TR's Meowth on the poster, so I'm sure they'll show up.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Interesting. I love Koharu’s design, her Yamper, and am impressed they went with KanaHana as her VA (does this series have a sky-high budget?). The hub being in Vermillion is a little weird, and at this point Galar is feeling nonexistent, but the design of it looks cool and it seems safe to say they’re sticking with this hub formula, at least for now.

I hope we get a preview this Sunday.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Are you implying that Gou and Kouharu will be Ash's permanent companions?

volcanionmaster123

I think it’s safe to say that based on the last SM episode’s description and how it matches to Satoshi’s character bio, this is a continuation and not a reboot. Also, if they’re already making new characters to serve as a hub in Kanto, then I think it’s possible that they can add new characters for each region on top of potentially returning companions.

Are you implying that Gou and Kouharu will be Ash's permanent companions?
Not permanent. Just that the series is moving in a different way, first with classmates and now with Ash and Go. It seems like the 3 hero formula with the occasional tag along younger sibling is a thing of the past for now. That's all I meant to say.

Based on the descriptions I've read. The new anime season is basically never ending field trips to the different regions for Pokemon related missions/assignments. My theory is Galar will be explored but not significantly until the end where the league takes place or until we get the 3rd version/ultra-esque remake/sequel (like B2W2). It's possible the writers know something about Gen 8 ahead of time considering Ho-Oh was teased very first episode of the anime for Pokemon Gold and Silver

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
So this means Kanto is already covered since they live in Kanto now?
That means we get to see Kanto -> Johto, Kanto.> Galar, Kanto->Unova?
I think first destination will be Galar because of promotion.

JC317

So Koharu's school uniform is a sailor fuku with freaking anchors as part of the design

I wonder if it's referencing the connection between sailors and anchors, or if it's because the school is in Vermilion City (a port city)

I'm currently predicting that this will be a reboot based on the fact that all new characters so far are completely original like in I choose You and The Power of Us. Plus the blue logo instead of green. However, if this is a continuation, the whole 'world tour' could end up being how Ash learns about Galar and then do a proper arc later.

For the time being it doesn't seem like Galar is too important to the anime, except for the 8th gen Pokemon themselves. The series as we knew it could very well be changed forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.